Early Morning Lifters - Supplements & Meals???

bananaman

Awards
These are questions for people that work out at the break of dawn. What do you do for a meal and your supplements? What do you eat before your workout?.. and if you are taking a preworkout supp like RPM (or anything comparable) how do you fit that in without waking up riduclously early being that it has to be taken on an empty stomach....

I've been lifting for a few years ... I usually work out around lunch or early evening but have never tried working out first thing in the morning. I'm thinking about switching to my workout to 5:30am.. before I go into work. Any ideas or suggestions would be awesome! :thumbsup:

redski30

Awards
I workout at 5:00 am, and wake up at 4:00. As soon as I wake up I take my rpm, wait about 30 min then drink a protein shake with a banana, and 2tbsp pb. On leg days I'll eat a package of oats. It works pretty good for me.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
basically similar :) but with low carb so its more like protein shake + pb, or maybe a piece of cheese + 3 eggs, or some cottage cheese. wake up and take supps, then read emails, that sort of crap, browse the web

shortblock

Awards
I cant work out at night as it keeps me up. So I get up at 3:30 pop some supps, nuke some eggs, on the train by 4:30 and start working out around 5:30. At work by 7:30 RPM is my friend