Alcohol and Exercise

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  187 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by NateWA View Post
    So HANK, If I Drink a lot of water and run a prohormone, and take a fat burner, Do you think I can sucessfully combat the negatives of alcohol??

To everybody freaking out about this post.... i'm almost positive he's joking. just calm down

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  182 lbs.
    Answers

if i take 14 xanax a couple perceset and drink 30 beers but take milk thistle do you think i will counteract the effects of the drugs an alcohol to my liver???

3. New Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jman3967 View Post
    if i take 14 xanax a couple perceset and drink 30 beers but take milk thistle do you think i will counteract the effects of the drugs an alcohol to my liver???
    probably, and you'll feel AMAZING for 5 minutes before you die

•   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Answers

Although, low doses of alcohol do seem to raise testosterone - at least acutely. Moderation is the key.

Joe

Testosterone increases in men after a low dose of alcohol.
    Sarkola T, Eriksson CJ.
    Department of Mental Health and Alcohol Research, National Public Health Institute, Helsinki, Finland.

BACKGROUND: Heavy acute alcohol drinking decreases blood testosterone in men due to an effect on the testicular level. An acute increase in blood testosterone levels after a low alcohol dose has, however, recently been reported in women. The objective of this investigation was to study the effect of a low alcohol dose on testosterone in men and further elucidate the mechanism behind the effect by using 4-methylpyrazole, an inhibitor of alcohol metabolism. METHODS: A double-blind placebo-controlled interventional crossover trial in random order (n = 13). RESULTS: After intake of alcohol (0.5 g/kg, 10% w/v), an acute increase in plasma testosterone (from 13.5 +/- 1.2 nmol/liter to 16.0 +/- 1.6 nmol/liter, mean +/- SEM; p < 0.05), a decrease in androstenedione (from 5.1 +/- 0.4 nmol/liter to 4.0 +/- 0.3 nmol/liter; p < 0.05), and an increase in the testosterone:androstenedione ratio (from 2.8 +/- 0.3 to 4.2 +/- 0.4; p < 0.01) were observed. The effects were not observed during pretreatment with 4-methylpyrazole (10-15 mg/kg orally), which inhibited the ethanol elimination rate by 37 +/- 3%. CONCLUSIONS: Alcohol intake affects the androgen balance in men through an effect mediated by the alcohol-induced change in the redox state in the liver.

PMID: 12711931 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

5. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  178 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jman3967 View Post

6. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  235 lbs.
    Answers

i know that alcohol decreades alotta of things and affects gains, but sometimes i see some huge ripped mo fos and i wonder how they do it when i see them chuggin down! lol i have my drinks when i go partying, but i do ok with maintaining.

7. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  175 lbs.
    Answers

On beer a night, everynight, isnt too bad is it?

and about the mary jane issue, i think its hilarious. I dont have much time during the day to eat alot with 2 jobs so i use that as a way to eat more later in the day. The only problem is getting good calories vs empty ones.

8. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  178 lbs.
    Answers

i've read ONE drink will help relax your blood vessels and depending on what you drink, (e.g. wine) it may have more health benefits. any more than that is said to have a negative effect.

i can't drink. i don't have any self-control and i love getting hammered. i'm real with myself. the last time i drank i had 8 cups of whiskey on the rocks. i haven't drank since then. the most i'll do is have a small glass of wine. that's where it stops tho

9. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  187 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by BLANCO7 View Post
    i've read ONE drink will help relax your blood vessels and depending on what you drink, (e.g. wine) it may have more health benefits. any more than that is said to have a negative effect.

i can't drink. i don't have any self-control and i love getting hammered. i'm real with myself. the last time i drank i had 8 cups of whiskey on the rocks. i haven't drank since then. the most i'll do is have a small glass of wine. that's where it stops tho
    Yeah my motto goes as follows "party hard or hardly party? i think we all know the answer to that question" And well i party hard from there. But right now i'm in a state where i need to focus more on having fun, once i get through some **** maybe i'll go a little lighter on the beer.

10. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  178 lbs.
    Answers

my "partying hard" lasted from 17-19. my craziest year had to 18 and by 19 i had already begun contemplating on cutting back on my partying habits with the intention of eventually bringing them to a full halt. the people i used to hang with had a "live for today" mentality and i eventually adopted it for a while until i realized i was parties wiling out saying to myself,"what am i doing?". i did some crazy stuff though so you can know that i'm not just talking about drinking. drinking was not even a big deal lol. some people i went to hs with are doing the things i was doing when i was 18 cause they're 21 now. i've been 21 since i was 18 so i look at them now like "been there, done that." know what i mean? i don't look down on anyone though and i don't judge either but i know what's my thing and what's not my thing.

live it up while you can because everyone grows as a different rate but one thing's for sure: as you grow older, you start having less and less valid excuses for things. phrases like "i didn't know" are countered with "how did you not know!?". lol

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Nolvadex suspended in Alcohol or any form of alcohol in it?
    By schwellington in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-29-2010, 01:15 PM
  2. alcohol
    By Fear in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-06-2008, 02:20 AM
  3. alcohol and pct
    By bobby2121 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-01-2008, 01:21 PM
  4. Alcohol and S.E.R.Ms