No more oat, what's a good replacement?

Flay

Awards
I live in a small town and find this very irritating.. there's not a single place that sells oat at the moment and it represented about 30% of my daily protein intake. Before I get some more I need to find something to replace it asap. Preferably something similar. Thanks.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Brown rice, sweet potatoes /yams, whole wheat breads/pasta.

I know there is a decent amount of protein in oats but to make up 30% of your diet (from protein) are we talking about a weight watches type deal with added protein powder?

You could also looking into buying some online in bulk.

TheAnimalG

TheAnimalG

Awards
Are you in the United States? I can't imagine a store not carrying oatmeal in the USA. Even the gas stations sell oats (even if they are quick-oats)

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
I live in a small town and find this very irritating.. there's not a single place that sells oat at the moment and it represented about 30% of my daily protein intake. Before I get some more I need to find something to replace it asap. Preferably something similar. Thanks.
You must be eating a ton of oats to get that much protein from it. Theres only about 5-7g protein/serving. Are you sure you're wording this right? How mays g/day are you getting?

Flay

Awards
I live in Portugal in a pretty small town.
Well I'm not totally sure if the oat makes up for 30% of my protein intake because I eat a lot of fish at lunch and dinner and tuna as well in one of my other meals but still I would put 200g of oat in a big protein shake (more like oat shake:p)(27g from oat and 24 from whey) and I also made some cream to put on whole bread, which was made of 400g oat, 3 scoops of whey, some peanuts and 3 bananas, it would last me for about 7 days.. so yea maybe 30g of protein from oat alone everyday, not that much but at the end of the week I loose quite a bit.
Going to look into your suggestions OCCFan023, thanks.

BTW there are two types of oat apparently, one is just oat and has about 8g of protein per 100g and whole oat which has 13.6g of protein per 100g.