Being a Poor College Student and Training

1. Being a Poor College Student and Training

So I am an extremely poor college student lol. I work nights full-time, and am taking 18 credits which sucks. Having to pay rent and other bills leaves me very little money for food. This may sound like a bad thing, and I until today thought it was as well.
    I was looking in my cupboard today though, and I realized I had only food that is completely good for lifting...which is usually cheap food. I realized because I don't have a lot of money that I don't really ever eat fast food, etc. Here's what a list of what food I have in my cupboard/ fridge.

Oatmeal
    Brown Rice
    Barilla Protein Plus Pasta
    Canned Chicken
    Canned Tuna
    Apple sauce
    Nesquick
    Oranges
    80/20 Beef
    Milk
    Powdered Milk
    Mixed greens salad

I spend less than 30 bucks a week on food, and realized that being poor doesn't mean you can't eat good, enough, or healthy for training.

2. Where do you live man, I want to move there! Healthy food is typically more expensive than crap fast food. Not saying someone can't eat healthy on a restricted budget but that is just how it is.

Do you have a caf at your school that you can take advantage of?

3. I live in Florida til' May, but live in Iowa. I'm just down here for the semester. Nope I make all my meals, I wish I had a meal plan that'd be sick I'd eat so much!
    •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Protein for a broke college student
    By ammoarsenal in forum Supplements
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 04-19-2010, 07:11 PM
  2. College student HELP
    By Machwon1 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-16-2009, 01:45 AM
  3. Supplements for a college student..
    By Andy2D in forum Supplements