What should I make tonight or eat in the morning for a match?

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
i'm in the middle of a cut but I have 3 matches tomorrow and am going to calorie/carb up in the morning. I'm thinking buy a bunch of taco bell tonight and eat it for breakfast.

Anyone have any better ideas?

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Well Taco Bell would be terrible pre match (or any sport) nutrition man (its full of fat, grease, and shitty carbs.)

Have some quality whole food carb sources like a healthy cereal, some oats, w/w toast, or a whole wheat bagel. If you want to get your muscle glycogen stores ready for an event for tomorrow your better off carbing up tonight rather than tomorrow right before the event. It will take time for the carbs to be converted into glycogen and pushed into muscles and you won't be as glycogen "saturated" if you eat directly before (and your body will be spending energy on digesting the food.)

This will not only be better for your energy levels during the match, but it will be more beneficial for your cut and body.

Curious is this a tennis match?

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
I just ate 3/4 pound of pasta with lots of parmesan cheese. We'll see how that works out. I'll probably do oats and fruit in the morning.

Lol and no, these aren't tennis matches

diminuendo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Sweet potatoes cooked in coconut cream. Serve over steel cut oats in the morning.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
I just ate 3/4 pound of pasta with lots of parmesan cheese. We'll see how that works out. I'll probably do oats and fruit in the morning.

Lol and no, these aren't tennis matches
pasta is awesome man, you'll be ready to go tommorow.