Anabolic Diet'ers: Eat pre workout, or not?

  1. Board Supporter
    Frank Reynolds's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    3,667
    Rep Power
    136026
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    13.41%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Anabolic Diet'ers: Eat pre workout, or not?


    Do you eat a pre workout meal?

  2. Advanced Member
    bigrobbierob's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Age
    42
    Posts
    748
    Rep Power
    7811
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    16.73%

    I work out when I get up in the morning so I drink about 26 grams whey in water about 1/2 hour before workout. After workout I take 52 grams immediately after.
  3. Advanced Member
    powerhouse21's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  186 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    828
    Rep Power
    709
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    72.88%

    I always eat something before a workout. Usually a piece of eziekel bread with some natty pb and i drink some xtend as well. Seems to do the trick for me
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    OCCFan023's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,789
    Rep Power
    2003
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    48.61%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I personally like training on an empty stomach when doing these type of diets. When I get home I'll take in 1 scoop when then 12-20 minutes later 1.5 tbsp of flax.
  5. Board Supporter
    Frank Reynolds's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    3,667
    Rep Power
    136026
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    13.41%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by OCCFan023 View Post
    I personally like training on an empty stomach when doing these type of diets. When I get home I'll take in 1 scoop when then 12-20 minutes later 1.5 tbsp of flax.
    I always ate a meal Pre workout.

    On the advice on Distilled Water, i stopped eating pre workout meals about 2+ months ago. Honestly i think i like working out better now that way.

    I believe Di Pasquale said not to ingest any carbs pre workout, no?
  6. Registered User
    OCCFan023's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,789
    Rep Power
    2003
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    48.61%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by imprezivr6 View Post
    I always ate a meal Pre workout.

    On the advice on Distilled Water, i stopped eating pre workout meals about 2+ months ago. Honestly i think i like working out better now that way.

    I believe Di Pasquale said not to ingest any carbs pre workout, no?
    Well personally I love carbs pre workout (around 1 to 1.5 hours before hand) but since I'm on a CKD so I just train on an empty stomach for depletion purposes and fat loss.
  7. New Member
    flw's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Age
    34
    Posts
    221
    Rep Power
    214
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    69.43%

    carbs and aminos before work great, protein makes me slugish if its any closer than an hour or two.
  8. Advanced Member
    Botch's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Age
    28
    Posts
    760
    Rep Power
    472
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    59.2%

    Quote Originally Posted by imprezivr6 View Post
    I always ate a meal Pre workout.

    On the advice on Distilled Water, i stopped eating pre workout meals about 2+ months ago. Honestly i think i like working out better now that way.

    I believe Di Pasquale said not to ingest any carbs pre workout, no?
    By Di Pasquale's recommendations if you work out in the morning then you may work out fasted if you prefer. The reason for doing this is that you may have more energy for working out since the body is not expending as much energy digesting all of the fat that you eat on this diet.
    Someone in this thread suggested that they workout fasted on a CKD because of the depletion and fat loss benefits. This is a false statement as you will get the same depletion/fat loss benefits on a CKD or low carb variant such as the AD regardless of whether or not you eat pre workout (unless you are working out on a carb up day). It is when you ingest carbohydrates and begin releasing insulin preworkout that you can offset depletion and fat loss. For this reason, it also does not matter when you choose to do cardio during the day on this diet as you will achieve the same fat loss benefits regardless of whether or not you do it fasted.
  9. Registered User
    OCCFan023's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,789
    Rep Power
    2003
    Level
    42
    Lv. Percent
    48.61%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Botch View Post
    By Di Pasquale's recommendations if you work out in the morning then you may work out fasted if you prefer. The reason for doing this is that you may have more energy for working out since the body is not expending as much energy digesting all of the fat that you eat on this diet.
    Someone in this thread suggested that they workout fasted on a CKD because of the depletion and fat loss benefits. This is a false statement as you will get the same depletion/fat loss benefits on a CKD or low carb variant such as the AD regardless of whether or not you eat pre workout (unless you are working out on a carb up day). It is when you ingest carbohydrates and begin releasing insulin preworkout that you can offset depletion and fat loss. For this reason, it also does not matter when you choose to do cardio during the day on this diet as you will achieve the same fat loss benefits regardless of whether or not you do it fasted.
    I find I enter Ketosis faster when I perform all workouts fasted when depleting. Protein can cause insulin release and also be utilized for fuel and I find my body depletes more efficiently when training empty stomach. Not saying its the same for everyone but thats what I have found.
  10. Board Supporter
    Frank Reynolds's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    3,667
    Rep Power
    136026
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    13.41%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Botch View Post
    By Di Pasquale's recommendations if you work out in the morning then you may work out fasted if you prefer. The reason for doing this is that you may have more energy for working out since the body is not expending as much energy digesting all of the fat that you eat on this diet.
    Someone in this thread suggested that they workout fasted on a CKD because of the depletion and fat loss benefits. This is a false statement as you will get the same depletion/fat loss benefits on a CKD or low carb variant such as the AD regardless of whether or not you eat pre workout (unless you are working out on a carb up day). It is when you ingest carbohydrates and begin releasing insulin preworkout that you can offset depletion and fat loss. For this reason, it also does not matter when you choose to do cardio during the day on this diet as you will achieve the same fat loss benefits regardless of whether or not you do it fasted.
    Good info..

    I work out first thing in the morning..

    For the first month or so on the AD i would drink 1.5 scoop whey/2tbsp EVOO before working out. It was hard for me to stop my pre workout meal, but i actually like it better now to be honest.

    My only problem is it is a bit harder to get down all the cals losing that time not eating.
  11. Advanced Member
    Botch's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Age
    28
    Posts
    760
    Rep Power
    472
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    59.2%

    Quote Originally Posted by imprezivr6 View Post
    Good info..

    I work out first thing in the morning..

    For the first month or so on the AD i would drink 1.5 scoop whey/2tbsp EVOO before working out. It was hard for me to stop my pre workout meal, but i actually like it better now to be honest.

    My only problem is it is a bit harder to get down all the cals losing that time not eating.
    It can be hard to take in a lot of cals in a short period of time eating all the fat that the AD requires. I have found that for myself I see the best results by spreading my meals as evenly throughout the day as possible, with the exception being post workout. But if I ever switched my workouts to first thing in the morning I would give the fasted workouts a try. This may be difficult for me though because my workouts last about 2 hrs on average.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-24-2008, 07:40 AM
  2. Anabolic Pump on Anabolic Diet ?s
    By bj22 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-03-2008, 12:47 AM
  3. Anabolic diet/keto a good diet for me?
    By johnyq in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 01-29-2008, 12:31 PM
  4. Getting off anabolic diet - with anabolic pump's help
    By dertynasty in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-09-2007, 06:15 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-07-2004, 03:48 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in