Multi vitamin

SHaneA655

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i am an athlete and train hard everyday. Looking for a good vitamin that contains ingredients for an athlete as well as something good for skin, hair, etc....Would multi vitamin plus amino acids be good? Please advise??

AtomSmasher

AtomSmasher

Awards
  • Established
Now foods Adam multi vitamin, ive been taking it for two years now and its top quality IMO

SHaneA655

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I was going to try something without NIACIN because of hot flashes when taking it.

AtomSmasher

AtomSmasher

Awards
  • Established
I think theres very few multis that dont have niacin. all i can say is ive never had problems with niacin flushing with ADAM multi.

GreenTempo

Board Supporter
Awards
The MVP-365 and ZMK multi stack by Millenium Sports Technologies is pretty good

Last edited:

rugrat5288

Awards
i take now adam and have never had any flashes. great multi.

maynehood171

Awards
  • Established
Hmm...maybe I'll look into the Adam multi vitamin since it is of some interest here...

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Millenium Sports Technology's MVP is top notch, match that with their ZMK and you're set

maynehood171

Awards
  • Established
Millenium Sports Technology's MVP is top notch, match that with their ZMK and you're set
Yeah I also read that MVP was great...also for it's bio-availability and whatnot...I have a sample but never tried ZMK though

lector606

lector606

Awards
platinum's easy active multi is the best one i've used, honestly

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
MVP is great...and when taken during the day while taking ZMK pre-sleep..it is unbeatable.

I've taken about 10 different multi's in my time...including ADAM...and have never seen anything work for me like MVP/ZMK.

If you need to watch your money then ADAM will do just fine for you, but if you have a few bucks to spend...I suggest the previous statement.

Good luck no matter what you choose!

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I've taken the Me's One-A-Day and GNC's Mega Men Sport, but ordered Universal's Animal Pak a few days ago. I've heard a lot of great things about it, but I've also heard very good things about MVP/ZMK and Orange Triad.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
CTDuece, no offense but your opinion is biased.
Your opinion can be as it may...but the only reason that I am working in conjunction with the folks at MST is because I have been using supps for 5 years from about 55 companies and haven't found another that has even affected me as much.

So yeah I guess my opinion is biased...I like top of the line products :)

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I've been taking Universal's Animal Pak for a week now. I love it.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
too many pills for me personally.
haha i know what you mean. I was doing some situps the other day and my BCAA's fell out my pocket. 6 caps before and another 6 after workouts. It was a scramble to get them all. The woman beside me doing Yoga gave me a right funny look.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Yeah man thats wild. I just can't take that many pills at once or even over the span of the day. I took Animal cuts for maybe a week before I got sick of the pills. It was like 18 a day.

dadream

dadream

Awards
  • Established
Ideally one should really strive to get vit. & minerals through a balanced diet, they are the best way to recieve them and are more readily absorbed in the body. I know multi-vitamins are way more conveinent approach but they don't come with all the healthy extra benefits of say eating an apple, or bananas which come with enzymes like quercetin, or bromelain which all help with the absorption of foods>vits. & minerals. I'm not saying give up on taking multi-vitamins, they have their place, but strive to eat a balanced diet and you can reduce taking multi-vits. and save some $$ bc them multivits are expensive.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
I think that my diet personally is very diverse and I do get a good amount of my daily intake from it, but for whatever I do miss, let's say the multi's suggestion is 6 a day being 2 with each major meal....I just take 2 a day instead.

saves money and stetches the bottle.

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I hear ya. I just about cracked when I saw the actual 'paks' of the vitamins. I was like, wtf?

It became too much for me at first. I even tried crushing them up into a fine powder and adding them to my protein shakes, but all I could taste were the vitamins.

I now take them throughout the day. I pop a couple here and there with some water. Not so bad.

I have Animal Cuts as well. Just waiting to be able to use my Atomic Meltdown, Thermo-Glide, Napalm, DCP, and Recreate with it.

too many pills for me personally.

MattRoeske

MattRoeske

Awards
  • Established
Eww animal pak = rip off IMO
I tried a multi by AST Pretty good stuff. But now im just sticking to Natures Made Multis From Walgreens, Pretty damn good in my opinon :)

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Eww animal pak = rip off IMO
I tried a multi by AST Pretty good stuff. But now im just sticking to Natures Made Multis From Walgreens, Pretty damn good in my opinon :)
haha prime example right there. Everyone has something different that works for them.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am an animal pak fan myself but I also hear good things about orange triad

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
Since you're going to absorb so little of them in the first place, I just go for cheap generics or something like nature made, etc.

It's a supplement, and I try to get plenty of fruit & veggies along with my protein, so I feel I'm covered well enough.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Since you're going to absorb so little of them in the first place, I just go for cheap generics or something like nature made, etc.

It's a supplement, and I try to get plenty of fruit & veggies along with my protein, so I feel I'm covered well enough.

Right, a lot of people are missing the point. A multi-vitamin is there as a pre-caution to prevent deficiencies in your diet. So taking one with all this extra crap in it...say for example Animal Pak(or should I say Newbie Pak)....is pointless, they are just adding extra ingredients at tiny dosages to your Multi-vitamin which do nothing but raise the price.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Orange triad is nice. it has an all in one complex. Ive tried many Multi's. For all in one I like Orange Triad and I dont like taking 3 caps in one serving as far as not being glucosamine, chondition, msm, digestion I choose Orange Triad. I did notice gas went down when I started taking this. With that said I take digestive enzymesz seperately in between meals .

Nows Adam. . totally awesome as a multi

Ast- strong Multi

opti men- pretty good

shaklees multi-good

basicallly you cant go wrong with any top quality Multi.

MattRoeske

MattRoeske

Awards
  • Established
And just so you know you need to really observe the multi you take because it make lack something... For example natures made- Lack Magnesium giving 6% of your mag... which can lead to a def if you don't make it up in other ways... :)