is cardio the best way to upp endurance - AnabolicMinds.com

is cardio the best way to upp endurance

1. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

is cardio the best way to upp endurance

ok, i went into the gym today, and my endurance sucked like never before (i think i over did it on the stims cause i constantly felt like fainting, not sure though if it was because of leg day cause i always feel like fainting on leg day)

anyways i stopped doing cardio about a month ago and all i could get done without fainting in the gym was
    2 sets of front squats 20 reps each
    1 set leg press
    1 set db rows

now im just looking for adivce besides cardio do you think a daily intake of red yeast rice might help my cardiovascular system??

i also think i just coulda had a bad day cause the gf broke it off 2 days ago and i went down 4-5lbs and a lot in all my lifts because of that **** but yesterday i was dialed in and had a amazing arm workout. any suggestions for endurance is running my best option(as far as i know thats what i think is the best option) when i start running again (tomorrow) is there anything else i can do for overall health benefits????

2. NutraPlanet Fanatic

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Order some Citrulline Malate, some beta alanine, and some Propionyl - L - Carnitine....then hit some HIIT.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    Order some Citrulline Malate, some beta alanine, and some Propionyl - L - Carnitine....then hit some HIIT.

citrulline malate i heard excellant things about that as well as beta alaine never heard of PLC though, in a nutshell could u tell me what it does with the body
    •   

4. New Member

Running does a lot for me. It seems to act as a natural antidepressant and helps lower bodyfat. i tend to carry a little extra on my gut so I have to faithfully run to keep the gut at bay. I like taking some leviathan reloaded before i go out. good clean energy that seems to make the cardio easier. gotta love that runner's high.
  5. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    Solid combo right here... Dsade turned me on (let that sit for a second... alright carrying on) to PLCAR, and I've noticed a definite increase in aerobic endurance. Users have reported a solid increase in endurance in RPN's DCP, which contains PLCAR. Combats fatigue in it's own way, complimenting BA and CM effectively. All three of those are available in bulk as well, which makes for a wallet-friendly stack... I have the same with me right now.

Your original question is a bit ambigious however. What I'm assuming is that you just didn't feel up to par with your weight routine. Cardio, or better but aerobics, doesn't have a direct effect into weight lifting. Will it help, sure, but they are two different beasts IMO. Train running to become a better runner, train swimming to become a better swimmer. Train endurance lifting to be become a better endurance lifter. Consider adding in some supersets for a week or two, coupled with higher rep work. Something that is more endurance-intensive than your average workout. When you return to your normal routine, you'll have increased endurance.

Of course, it is never a bad idea to incorporate cardio, especially HIIT. Increased oxygen utilization will absolutely contribute towards your conditioning, but train directly what you want to accomplish.
  6. New Member

anon

> Consider adding in some supersets for a week or two, coupled with higher rep work.

Yeah, bump down the weight a bit and do sets of 20-40 squats rapidly. If that doesn't get your heart working, then nothing will...
  7. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by king1033 View Post
    ok, i went into the gym today, and my endurance sucked like never before (i think i over did it on the stims cause i constantly felt like fainting, not sure though if it was because of leg day cause i always feel like fainting on leg day)

anyways i stopped doing cardio about a month ago and all i could get done without fainting in the gym was
    2 sets of front squats 20 reps each
    1 set leg press
    1 set db rows

now im just looking for adivce besides cardio do you think a daily intake of red yeast rice might help my cardiovascular system??

i also think i just coulda had a bad day cause the gf broke it off 2 days ago and i went down 4-5lbs and a lot in all my lifts because of that **** but yesterday i was dialed in and had a amazing arm workout. any suggestions for endurance is running my best option(as far as i know thats what i think is the best option) when i start running again (tomorrow) is there anything else i can do for overall health benefits????
    I definitely don't think your problem has to do with cardio. Sounds like either some kind of nutritional problem (what did you eat before? were you well hydrated? electrolytes?) or something related to stimulants.

That being said, I think that cardio will definitely help overall work capacity via better blood flow and nutrient transport. Nonetheless, though, if you can only do four sets in the gym there is something seriously wrong beyond cardiovascular fitness (unless yours is like, remarkably bad).
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Need help with Cardio Endurance
    By MrJosh in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-02-2008, 09:53 AM
  2. Replies: 29
    Last Post: 09-09-2007, 07:08 PM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-08-2007, 11:31 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-06-2007, 01:39 PM