Cholesterol??? - AnabolicMinds.com

Cholesterol???

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  202 lbs.

Cholesterol???

I started tracking my diet pretty extensively using a website (Calorie Counter, Diet Tracking, Food Journal, Nutrition Facts at The Daily Plate) recently. After a full weeks worth of tracking, I noticed that on average, I'm taking in in nearly 200% of my recommended daily value for cholesterol. Of course this is based on a 2000 calorie diet, and I eat 3100-3300 calories a day. Most of the cholesterol is coming from my protein shakes. I use GNC Whey Protein because it's really low in fat. Do I need to be concerned?

2. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

I would have to say no. Considering that a large egg has 70% of your RDA for cholesterol, and there's people that eat 6+ eggs a day without having cholesterol problems. There have been studies that adressed the weak link between dietary cholesterol intake and blood cholesterol levels.

With that being said, I do know people that buy protein powders based on their cholesterol content, but I think they're splitting hairs and I'd rather go for taste and whey quality
  3. New Member

Dietary intake of Cholesterol is not a significant concern unless genetically predisposed.

Be more concerned if your Sat, trans fat are up and you are inactive.
    •   

4. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

trans fats, hydrogenated oils, etc are what effects your serum cholesterol. digested cholesterol is broken down by your stomach
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  230 lbs.

Well the only possible concern is oxidized cholesterol that's really processed. For example a whole raw egg yolk is fine, but egg yolk powder I may question.
  6. Professional Member

Quote Originally Posted by jpower9 View Post
    I started tracking my diet pretty extensively using a website (Calorie Counter, Diet Tracking, Food Journal, Nutrition Facts at The Daily Plate) recently. After a full weeks worth of tracking, I noticed that on average, I'm taking in in nearly 200% of my recommended daily value for cholesterol. Of course this is based on a 2000 calorie diet, and I eat 3100-3300 calories a day. Most of the cholesterol is coming from my protein shakes. I use GNC Whey Protein because it's really low in fat. Do I need to be concerned?

Some days I eat 12-14 whole eggs, here is my cholesterol:

How does this look?
  7. Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by jpower9 View Post
    If your consistently in the gym cholesterol from whole food sources shouldnt be an issue. That said, too much of a good thing is still too much. When you start to get lax of gym protocols then it can become dangerous.

Those people you see in wendys/burger king/McDonalds also probly take in 200% of their daily cholesterol....do they look alright?
  8. Professional Member

Quote Originally Posted by futurepilot View Post
    If your consistently in the gym cholesterol from whole food sources shouldnt be an issue. That said, too much of a good thing is still too much. When you start to get lax of gym protocols then it can become dangerous.

Those people you see in wendys/burger king/McDonalds also probly take in 200% of their daily cholesterol....do they look alright?

Chlolestrol isn't the enemy, unhealthy lifestyle habbits and diet are.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  202 lbs.

Thanks for all the input guys. I will keep getting my yearly physical and working out hard! ROCK ON!
  10. New Member

Cholesterol drugs are big money

Quote Originally Posted by CryingEmo View Post
    Chlolestrol isn't the enemy, unhealthy lifestyle habbits and diet are.
    This is my first post to the forums. You guys have been keeping me informed and entertained for a couple months, so I thought I'd pitch in something...sorry I can't post URLs yet!

The Businessweek cover story from Jan. 17, 2008 on the relative ineffectiveness of cholesterol lowering drugs, and some history on who-knew-what-when, is worth a look.

From reading elsewhere (Maggie Mahar's healthcare blog) it seems that whatever benefit the statin drugs have on heart disease is mainly anti-inflammatory, with lowered cholesterol almost as a side effect.
  11. Professional Member

I eat about 10 O3 eggs a day and my cholesterol is fine.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Cholesterol in foods not affecting blood cholesterol?
    By Jayhawkk in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-19-2009, 12:03 PM
  2. Cholesterol help
    By T800 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-31-2007, 06:15 PM
  3. Low cholesterol
    By EasyEJL in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-07-2007, 10:33 AM
  4. help with cholesterol and BP