How's My Diet Look

TerribleTowel

TerribleTowel

Awards
  • Established
Ok this is my first time using a set diet, where I counted calories and watching my macros. I have been watching what I eat for a year or so, just never sat down to plan out a set diet. So I'm far from a newb, but just new to this. Time to get serious. Thoughts and comments welcomed and needed. Thanks guys.

I've basically set it up so that I alternate Protein/Carb meals and Protein/Fat meals. I realize there is a decent amount of protein coming from powder, but this is mostly unavoidable and I don't think it's necessarily too much. I have class basically daily from 8 to 12, so a shake is about the only way to get a meal in during that time.

**I realize there is no vegetables listed with any of the meals, but don't worry they will be thrown in throughout the day.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7:30 - Meal 1 - Protein/Carb

7 Egg Whites
WW Bagel
1/2 Cup Oatmeal
1/2 Scoop Whey

10:15 - Meal 2 - Protein/Fat

(Protein Shake)
2 Scoops Whey
1/2 Tablespoon EVOO

12:45 - Meal 3 - Protein/Carb

6 Oz. Can Tuna
1/2 Cup Brown Rice (measured before cooked)

3:30 - Meal 4 - Protein/Fat

6 Oz. of Chicken
1/2 Tablespoon EVOO

5:00 - Workout

6:30 - Meal 5 - Protein/Carb - Post workout

(Protein Shake)
2 Scoops Whey
3/4 Cup Oatmeal
1 Banana

7:30 - Meal 6 - Protein/Carb

2 Flounder Filets
1/2 Cup Brown Rice (measured before cooking)

11:00 - Meal 7 - Protein/Fat

2 Scoops Whey (This may be switched out with Casein after my next order from our friendly NP. Maybe one scoop whey and one scoop casein.)
1 Tablespoon Natty PB

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The total macro breakdown comes down to (from fitday):
3225 calories
44% Pro / 34% Carb / 22% Fat

Like I said before I know there is no vegetables mentioned but they will be thrown in small amounts throughout the day. This should help bring the ratios a little closer to 40P / 40C / 20F, which was my original goal.

Well hear we go. Let me know what you think.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Looks really good man, macros come out nicely and you're using a decent amount of whole foods. My only question is do you like/have you tried cottage cheese before? If so I would throw it in as your pre bed meal and not have to worry about purchasing more powder. However if you do end up purchasing casein for before bed don't worry about going half casein half whey, just do 100% casein as the whey won't do anything for you for over night protein delivery.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
looks pretty good from a macro breakdown and food choices...except i would try to get more protein from whole foods. You are taking in like 6 scoops of whey which i think could be reduced. Other than that looks pretty good

TerribleTowel

TerribleTowel

Awards
  • Established
Looks really good man, macros come out nicely and you're using a decent amount of whole foods. My only question is do you like/have you tried cottage cheese before? If so I would throw it in as your pre bed meal and not have to worry about purchasing more powder. However if you do end up purchasing casein for before bed don't worry about going half casein half whey, just do 100% casein as the whey won't do anything for you for over night protein delivery.
Thanks man. Yea I've tried cottage cheese and I hate it. I tried it several times, many different ways and could never get it to taste halfway decent. Thanks for the tip though, I might have to give it another attempt. Have any other ideas on what I could switch out the last shake for the last meal?

TerribleTowel

TerribleTowel

Awards
  • Established
looks pretty good from a macro breakdown and food choices...except i would try to get more protein from whole foods. You are taking in like 6 scoops of whey which i think could be reduced. Other than that looks pretty good
Yea I agree. That was the only problem I found. The early morning shake is basically unavoidable because of classes. So my best bet would be to switch out the last meal. I think I'm going to try cottage cheese again, but I'm sure that won't work out. You have any advice for that last meal of the day?

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Thanks man. Yea I've tried cottage cheese and I hate it. I tried it several times, many different ways and could never get it to taste halfway decent. Thanks for the tip though, I might have to give it another attempt. Have any other ideas on what I could switch out the last shake for the last meal?

Try either mixing the pb with the cottage cheese and see how it is, or order a casein protein powder you like the taste of and mix a little bit of it in with the cottage cheese. Also try some fish fillets (gortons fisherman has good pre packaged stuff that is great pre bed food.)

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ya if you can't handle the cottage cheese(and don't force feed yourself it..if you don't like it then don't eat it) then just get some good meat to eat for your last meal. When i don't eat/have cc i eat something like salmon with some almonds and broccoli pre-bed.

TerribleTowel

TerribleTowel

Awards
  • Established
Try either mixing the pb with the cottage cheese and see how it is, or order a casein protein powder you like the taste of and mix a little bit of it in with the cottage cheese. Also try some fish fillets (gortons fisherman has good pre packaged stuff that is great pre bed food.)
Ya if you can't handle the cottage cheese(and don't force feed yourself it..if you don't like it then don't eat it) then just get some good meat to eat for your last meal. When i don't eat/have cc i eat something like salmon with some almonds and broccoli pre-bed.
Thanks guys. I don't know why I don't know why I wasn't thinking about meats. It's been a long day. Solid Mechanics and Dynamics have my brain fried.

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I was doing the same thing and ended up replacing the extra mid-day carb/protein meal with fat/protein....

see what works for you. You have a well planned starting point. The key is to adjust the diet as you make progress or else.....well....you will cease to make progress.

TerribleTowel

TerribleTowel

Awards
  • Established
where are the fruits and vegetables?
I know it wasn't included in each meal breakdown, but I made two mentions addressing that manner. I do eat my veggies. There just thrown in, in small amounts with the majority of my meals. I said I just wasn't going to include them in my meals because I didn't have certain amounts and types planned out.

But thanks for the comment. I'm sure you just skipped over all the excessive writing.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
yeah true true. I didn't read that far into it. You'll probably want to plan those out though as the cals and carbs add up from those two.

TerribleTowel

TerribleTowel

Awards
  • Established
yeah true true. I didn't read that far into it. You'll probably want to plan those out though as the cals and carbs add up from those two.
Yea don't worry I'm going to. I want to know exactly how many carbs and total calories I'm consuming so I can adjust as needed. Right now I'm just working out the basic structure of my meals and overall diet. Thanks for the input though.