Measuring Chicken

TerribleTowel

TerribleTowel

Awards
  • Established
For all you calorie counters out there, how do you measure your chicken? Do you dice it into small pieces and measure it with a measuring cup? Do you use a scale? Just trying to determine the best method for going about this as I'm in the process of laying out my first organized (calories counted) diet.

TT

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
scale. Never tried dicing it up but it sounds a lot more complicated/less accurate

TerribleTowel

TerribleTowel

Awards
  • Established
Okay thanks guys. That's what I figured everyone would say. Where do you recommend picking up a scale from? Also do you measure your chicken after it's cooked?

scale. Never tried dicing it up but it sounds a lot more complicated/less accurate
Yea I didn't think the dicing sounded like too sound of an idea. It would be good for a general estimate but no where near as accurate as a scale.

Delta Force

Delta Force

PES Rep
Awards
  • Established
get yourself a digital scale they're pretty inexpensive these days

TerribleTowel

TerribleTowel

Awards
  • Established
Ok thanks again guys. Sorry about all the newbish questions. I'll run up to Walmart this week. Definitely getting a digital. I don't feel like sliding bars and feeling like I'm in chemistry again..haha.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
I stole my Moms weight Watchers spring scale :D

Nitrox

Nitrox

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I cook in bulk and then weigh out cooked portions. Just get nutritional info for chicken cooked the way you do it.

J

JDF

Awards
  • Established
The key is to be consistant in any way that you do it, this will help you down the road to really tune in your diet.

It has really helped me and i've been dropping weight every week since i've started counting/measuring out my food

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Anabolics 2
match Weight Loss 4
G 35 and Older 6
G 35 and Older 4
I Nutrition / Health 2