How do you make cottage cheese taste good?

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
u cant. no matter what i mix it with i still hate it!

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
I love straight up fat free cottage cheese. Try it with some natural peanut butter though and its even better. Some people like to throw protein powder in there for taste, but I never was a big fan of this as it always tasted strange to me.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You can do lots of things with cottage cheese, and after a while you do get used to it. Some things i mix with CC are splenda, cinnamon, berries and fruit, peanut butter, various protein powders etc. Not all those at once tho :p

lethaljd

Awards
Just a packet or two of splenda by itself is usually enough to sweeten one of those little cups of CC. Kind of makes a salty & sweet combo, like kettle corn. My favorite is to use Log Cabin sugar free maple syrup and a dash of cinnamon.

A lot of people swear by mixing it with salsa and eating it with tortilla chips.

ticco

ticco

Awards
  • Established
all i need is a spoon...is it weird that i like the taste of it? Sometimes i mix it with natty pb though that makes it almost too good. I find my self hurling the jars across the room to keep me from eating more.

dan

JDF

Awards
  • Established
you plug your nose and tip your head back..

..I honestly dont mind it and actually like CC

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
1 serving of Cottage Cheese
1 packet of Splenda
3 tsp on natty peanut butter
1/2 scoop of chocolate protein pwdr
cinnamon to taste.

Eat it everynight. I almost consider it a desert.

MkUltra

MkUltra

Awards
thanks...

I tried putting the protein powder and a little honey in there, but its still tasted weird. How much do you eat of it at once?
I'll try peanut butter that sounds like it might work

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
1 cup with broccoli and flax or peanut butter before bed. Also if I'm trying to add mass Ill take it post workout with my whey can carb source. You can really input it into your diet wherver though because its such a quality source of whole food protein.

You should definitely enjoy the natty peanut butter with the cottage cheese.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
eating at this moment:
1 cup CC
2 Tablespoons PB
1/2 serving of Protein Powder(chocolate)
Splash of milk
Splenda and cinnamon to taste(just a lil of both)

MattRoeske

MattRoeske

Awards
  • Established
Alot of ppl i know do peaches... I tried putting it in my diet but i said screw it.. cuz that crap just made me gag to much lol. I put it my oatmeal it helped blend it... but it's just plain nasty in my opinion

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
Cottage cheese is just one of those things you have to like to be able to eat it. I like it, but I've never been able to eat the fat free kind, the curds are too small and it's too watery. I'll do low fat though. It's great with any kind of fruit.

PappaD

PappaD

Awards
I always just ate it with salt & pepper. But I can't have the salt now. They have those doubles now that come with fruit on the side for flavor. I bought some today but haven't tried them yet. I will report tomorrow.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
I always just ate it with salt & pepper. But I can't have the salt now. They have those doubles now that come with fruit on the side for flavor. I bought some today but haven't tried them yet. I will report tomorrow.
salt and pepper?! wtf. Did that actually taste good? Pepper seems like the anti-tasty for cottage cheese

IainDaniel

Awards
Can't stand Cottage cheese. But when I use to eat it.

The only thing that was palatable was:

CC
Berries
Cinnamon
Stevia
Oatbran.

Almost like a cheesecake.... Kinda LOL

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
EVOO, basil, oregano, black pepper. Sometimes I'll add some fresh pico de gallo or salsa.

PappaD

PappaD

Awards
I just eat the Cottage Doubles by Breakstone's. It is Cottage Cheese with a little fruit on the side for flavor. Nice and simple.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
1cup cottage cheese, 1scoop chocolate protein, 1 packet of splenda and fruit of your choice. I find that adding frozen cherries to the mix gives a taste extremely similar to chocolate covered cherries...mmmmmm.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
Cottage Cheese is a treat for me. I love the taste straight up.

Try having some pure whey hydrosylate right before, compared to that the CC tastes like heaven.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I did crystal light in my cottage cheese when I snuck massive amounts of it out of the college caf in 1st year. Either that or just massive amounts of cinnamon. I personally love CC though :)

drummaboyzl

drummaboyzl

Awards
  • Established
i eat the 2% add salt and pepper and dig in. i usually eat an 8oz container at a time

bubbaw

bubbaw

Awards
just eat it man!

if you add things to it your changing the reason to eat it IMO.
splenda-berries-PB?
why not make a smoothie?
CC is a good protein source and thats why we eat it, keep it clean unless you dont mind the extra fats or carbs.
I guess it depends on when your eating it.
for me its before bed or a snack....delicious.

you can always try seasonings:woohoo:

MacTech

MacTech

Awards
  • Established
I add just pepper. Works for me.

DieselPump

DieselPump

Awards
When I ate it, I used the fat free kind, with 1.5 table spoons of natty pb and sugarless jam with splenda.

Ate this every single night for a little over a year, loved the stuff.

I'd still be eating it now if I wasn't on the anabolic diet.

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
I buy whipped cottage cheese...

or if i cannot find the whipped.. i just blend it myself... takes alll the nasty curds out

then (credit to the AM forum) if you want a SWEET dip... mix in a ranch dip packet...wow!
or.. my girl does this... mix in spinach and garlic and artichoke for a bad ass protein spinach dip

the sky is the limit ... just blend it up and add whatever you want

krazy

Awards
I love straight up fat free cottage cheese. Try it with some natural peanut butter though and its even better.
I subscribe to that newsletter.

My mouth just watered thinking about pb + cottage cheese. :)

sureshot!

sureshot!

Awards
I gotta admit here. small curd cottage cheese SUCKS. It's like vomit slurry.

Large curd.. that is the ****! Best tasting ****.. easy to eat and healthy.. perfect.

koopa

koopa

Awards
i find that using a tub of plain cottage cheese and mixing in a little grated white cheddar, garlic puree and some chopped onions / chives goes down awesome on some rye toast.

Just dont go trying to kiss any girls after haha

BMW

Awards
  • Established
hmmm im suprised no one does what i do and its kinda obvious i just mix in my cottage cheese with a bit of fat free sugar free yougurt. completely mask the taste

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I like to add diced tomotoes and a little salt and pepper.

Now I'm interested in trying it with PB!

gordi

gordi

Awards
I like to mix a few big tablespoons of cottage cheese, the same of salsa, and a can of tuna. I eat that three times a week, and love it every time. I also like to mix 2 cups water, 1 cup cottage cheese, 1 cup plain yogurt, a couple of scoops of vanilla protein, and 1 cup of frozen fruit to make a very nice protein smoothy. You can add greens powder, milled flax, or other good for you but not exactly delicious stuff, and the fruit and yogurt make it all very drinkable.

That spinach dip sounds great. I'm definitely going to try that!

redfox44

Awards
i put frozen berries in there and let them though out over night in the CC. then when i go to eat it, the juices from the fruit sweeten it up. but you never get rid of the texture.

LeeN

LeeN

Awards
When I was really young. my mom would always make it for me and to make it even better, she would add in canned pineapple which I still eat the same way

KingMeso

KingMeso

Awards
  • Established
Depending on goals and diet, almost any fruit mixes well with cottage cheese. I love cottage cheese, plain out of the tub.

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
Just tried this over the weekend.. amazing!!!

Blended cottage cheese (whip it up!)
1-2 tbsp of Olive oil for viscosity
salt, pepper, seasoning
diced artichoke
Lightly cook some spinach in a pan, chop, and add to the mix
cheese if you'd like (depends on your goal)

whaaaalaaaa... protein spinach dip.
never even know there was cottage cheese in it

guthriec

Awards
Only way I've ever known to eat cottage cheese is with some Tony Chachere cajun seasoning. Delicious :)

Cash

Awards
Man, i personally find cottage cheese to be a treat in itself....i usually eat a serving of low fat C.C. before bed as a dessert almost...def. gunna have to try some of these recipes!

DaveWalton

Awards
I have it every night...just started eating it. I don't like it either so for every bite I take a good spoonful, put it at the front of my mouth (not on my tongue) so I don't taste it and then take it with water like a shot...you don't taste it at all and it goes down a lot faster.

musclemilk40

Banned
Awards
green onions and pepper on plain rice cake

dude, cut up some green onions add some pepper, put on some plain rice cakes.......its like french onion dip.