rate my diet

ashe555

ashe555

Awards
As soon as i wake up whey protein isolate with water
20 min after
meal 1:6 egg whites, oats,1 hand full almonds,Vitamin -C 500 mg and omega-3 fish oil
after 1 hour 30 min
caffeine or pre workout sup like NO-xplode(cycle it 2 months on 1 month off)
work out
meal 2:whey protein isolate with 30 grams dextrose,5-8 grams BCAA and 5 grams glutamine ,200 mg chromium and 2 bananas ...(i cycle creatine 2 months on and 1 month off)
after 1 hour 30 min
meal 3:brown rice with any green beans and 300 grams round cut beef or chicken breast and multi-vitamin and again vitamin-c 500 mg
meal 4:bowl of spinach and i add extra virgin olive oil to my spinach
with whey protein concentrate shake and omega-3
20 min before cardio some BCAA(to decrease the muscle burning)
CARDIO-3 days 30 min walking and 2 days H.I.I.T cardio for 15-20 min(hate it)
dont eat anything after that for like 40 min
meal 5:whey protein shake with a little oats with omega-3
meal 6:10 egg whites and 500 mg vitamin-c(i know this is hardly a meal but by the time i eat this meal it is 9 pm and i dont want to add any carbs)
meal 7:low fat cottage cheese or casein protein shake with glutamine
I work my abs with cardio 4 days a week

Is this diet good enough to gain muscles and loose fat
i have been following this diet for months may be cheat once a week for one meal but still not able to loose my love handles although my gains are coming pretty good
and i'm 19...
what changes shud i make...plz help???

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
it's a lot of protein shakes imo.

whole foods are more thermogenic.
if you replace some of the shakes with say a can of tuna it will help you get leaner.

also, i'm not a fan of pure egg whites. it's healthy to keep a few yolks in there. maybe instead of 10 egg whites - do 2 whole eggs and 6 whites.

just some ideas.

Last edited:
ashe555

ashe555

Awards
it's a lot of protein shakes imo.

whole foods are more thermogenic.
if you replace some of the shakes with say a can of tuna it will help you get leaner.

also, i'm not a fan of pure egg whites. it's healthy to keep a few yolks in there. maybe instead of 10 egg whites - do 2 whole eggs and 6 whites.

just some ideas.
thanks for ur ideas i will surely throw in some yolks...but it's just that i don't know if it will be a good idea to add yolks to my 6th meal beacuse i heard it not good to have fats before i sleep...and also could u give me a good idea of whole foods to be added???and the worst part is i'm allergin to tuna:trout:

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It is perfectly find to have fats before you sleep. So i second the notion of adding in some yolks as well as lowering protein powder intake. There are all sorts of things that are whole foods that can be used as protein sources, like beef, chicken, turkey, pork, cottage cheese, etc. Just find some other sources you enjoy and add them in. It also would be easier to choose one goal and go at it for awhile then another, as it is hard to gain muscle while losing fat.

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
all good points mentioned by bolt.

dietary fats are your friend when restricting carbs. and it looks like your carb intake is fairly low.

i also agee in that if you are already in decent shape it will be extremly hard to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Same as they said, meals 4+5 should be more chicken or some kind of seafood, or lean beef rather than a shake.

ashe555

ashe555

Awards
thanks a lot...i will add some beef in my meal 4...and also chicken in my meal 5...

KSMA

KSMA

Awards
thanks for ur ideas i will surely throw in some yolks...but it's just that i don't know if it will be a good idea to add yolks to my 6th meal beacuse i heard it not good to have fats before i sleep...and also could u give me a good idea of whole foods to be added???and the worst part is i'm allergin to tuna:trout:
Wal-mart sells packets of salmon by "chicken of the sea" brand 90 cals, 3g Fat 1.5 sat 1.5polyunsat, 0 carb, 15g protien. They are little 3 oz packets. I think they are great for snacks, and since I hate tuna it works out well. Best part is one packet is 99cents. So I can get an bunch for fairly cheap.

ashe555

ashe555

Awards
what changes should i make now
As soon as i wake up whey protein isolate with water
20 min after
meal 1:6 egg whites with 2 yolks, oats,1 hand full almonds,Vitamin -C 500 mg and omega-3 fish oil
after 1 hour 30 min
caffeine or pre workout sup like NO-xplode(cycle it 2 months on 1 month off)
work out
meal 2:whey protein isolate with 30 grams dextrose,5-8 grams BCAA and 5 grams glutamine ,200 mg chromium and 2 bananas ...(i cycle creatine 2 months on and 1 month off)
after 1 hour 30 min
meal 3:brown rice with any green vegetables and 300 grams round cut beef or chicken breast and multi-vitamin and again vitamin-c 500 mg
meal 4:bowl of spinach and i add extra virgin olive oil to my spinach and 250 grams chicken breast or round cut beef
with whey protein concentrate shake with skimmed milk and omega-3
20 min before cardio some BCAA(to decrease the muscle burning)
CARDIO-3 days 30 min walking and 2 days H.I.I.T cardio for 15-20 min(hate it)
dont eat anything after that for like 40 min
meal 5:MRP shake with skimmed milk with omega-3 and 250 grams chicken breast or round cut beef
meal 6:10 egg whites with 2 yolks and 500 mg vitamin-c
meal 7:low fat cottage cheese or casein protein shake with glutamine and skimmed milk
(i grill my chicken and beef)
can u tell me any other good source of food to take at night which is slow release such as cottage cheese or casein protein???

AnonyMoose

AnonyMoose

Awards
  • Established
i would remove anything milk and milk product - no matter how skim/low fat it is. this of course - just to target those handles. and this includes any yogurt of any sort.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
remove the MRP shake as its bound to have a bit of carbs in it :)

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
looks alot better man. Also don't worry too much about NEEDING a casein protein pre bed...just eat a whole food protein source and you should be fine

AlexParty

Yari Ka Daw!
Awards
  • Established
Your diet does indeed have a lot of shakes but it's ok as long as you have whole food proteins in there like chicken. For example:

1 chicken breast
1 cup brown rice
1 tbsp Flax oil
1 shake

A shake is added to keep up the protein in your servings. You could have 4 shakes a day as long as it's not only shakes your having. Mix it with your whole foods to get your daily calorie intake. Also mix it with water.

What are your goals? Are you a meso, ecto? Life style?? Weight? Height?

AlexParty

Yari Ka Daw!
Awards
  • Established
Meal 6 you could have something like Filet fish. High in protein and an all around good source of protein. With the eggs your going to kill your diet faster and you'll loss motivation. 10 eggs at night... man I remember those days. Just make your diet diverse so it doesn't become a pain in the ass know what I mean? You could also eat 6 meals a day, it's less of a strain on time and its easier. Just split the cals per meal.