Gaining Weight

P

pm39120

Awards
2 weeks ago i was 189 and today I am 191. In this time period i had 3 cheat meals 2 of which were buffets and i stuffed myslef. Question is, do you think I'm gaining to slowly?

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
2 weeks ago i was 189 and today I am 191. In this time period i had 3 cheat meals 2 of which were buffets and i stuffed myslef. Question is, do you think I'm gaining to slowly?
Truly how much lean body mass can the average human put on with good resistance training. I would say it's rather like losing fat, 1lb a week would be fantastic. That would work out to:

1lb a week = 4 lbs a month = 48lbs a year.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
i shoot for around 2-4lbs a month. It does not seem like much but when you look at this big picture over time it adds up. The body can only add so much muscle at a time so it is better to take it slow than to just add "weight"

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
If it was 2 pounds of LBM is 2 weeks thats very respectable gains. As far as those cheat meals contributing to those gains its about body measurements and relying on the mirror for comparison.

Like said above if someone puts on 2-4 pounds of muscle a month thats between 36-48 lbs a year. Those are incredible gains. Its a slow and steady race.