Fish consumption and muscle growth

T H E O R E M

T H E O R E M

Awards
  • Established
has there been any indication that over consumption of fish / anti inflammitorys had a negetive respose to muscle growth/repair in body building?

i realise theres health benefits but in some cases would it be a concern? i vaugely rememeber something about this but im unsure where i saw it

datBtrue

datBtrue

Awards
  • Established
has there been any indication that over consumption of fish / anti inflammitorys had a negetive respose to muscle growth/repair in body building?

i realise theres health benefits but in some cases would it be a concern? i vaugely rememeber something about this but im unsure where i saw it
There is an article written by Robbie Durand, MD & Steve Blechman in this months (April) Muscular Development magazine (pp 180-192) that discusses fish oil as an anti-inflamatory and speculates that high usage could reduce muscle hypertrophy in the same way as aspirin, NSAIDs and COX-2 inhibitors.

LakeMountD

LakeMountD

Doctor Science
Awards
  • Established
Don't worry about these sorts of things honestly. That is the least of your worries. You aren't going to lose "that" much; nothing noticeable. Not only that but heck if you ate that much fish I would be more concerned with mercury lol.