anabolic diet question

TNASTYII

TNASTYII

Awards
  • Established
i know you have to have the right kind of metabolism and body for this diet and i was wondering. ive been on it for around 4 days now. my first workout was fine, but i did chest and shoulders yesterday and my strenth was pretty low. it was the first workout in a while i didnt add weight to my incline press, and chest flies and such.

heres a bit about me. i use to be severly overweight in middle school, around the area of 225 pounds in the 8th grade. i droped a mess load of weight even though i didnt know what i was doing and went down to 170. got lazy and the 170 turned into 195, cut back down to around 180 and my weight has been hovering around 186 ever since i started working out. i know my body loves carbs. so idk if this is the right diet for me. i can eat lots of fats and proteins and not gain fat, but those carbs are a different story.

i feel leaner and my pants are looser since i started but idk if this is the right diet for me. im really tryin to cut BF here. the reason i say idk if its rght is becuase of the strenth loss yesterday. i like im getting leaner and the day after i workout i feel like the muscle group is bigger.
maybe i can get some input on this :]
thanks

JDF

Awards
  • Established
Strength will go down the first week or so, after my body became more fat adapted I started to gain strength again.

The later in your week you get ( further from the refeed ) the weaker you will get because of decreased glycogyn stores, you will want to get your heavier/more important bodyparts ( i.e. legs, chest, back ) done in the earlier part part of your split.

Stick with the diet TNasty, sounds like your explaining yourself to be an endo and the diet works wonders for us.

Botch

Botch

Awards
  • Established
i know you have to have the right kind of metabolism and body for this diet and i was wondering. ive been on it for around 4 days now. my first workout was fine, but i did chest and shoulders yesterday and my strenth was pretty low. it was the first workout in a while i didnt add weight to my incline press, and chest flies and such.

heres a bit about me. i use to be severly overweight in middle school, around the area of 225 pounds in the 8th grade. i droped a mess load of weight even though i didnt know what i was doing and went down to 170. got lazy and the 170 turned into 195, cut back down to around 180 and my weight has been hovering around 186 ever since i started working out. i know my body loves carbs. so idk if this is the right diet for me. i can eat lots of fats and proteins and not gain fat, but those carbs are a different story.

i feel leaner and my pants are looser since i started but idk if this is the right diet for me. im really tryin to cut BF here. the reason i say idk if its rght is becuase of the strenth loss yesterday. i like im getting leaner and the day after i workout i feel like the muscle group is bigger.
maybe i can get some input on this :]
thanks
I don't know where you heard that this diet is only for certain metabolisms but it is a damn near panacea for any metabolism. Do not, and I repeat DO NOT get discouraged during the first few weeks of this diet if your strength dips down a bit. This is quite normal. When I first started the diet my strenght dropped and I gained about 5 lbs of bodyfat. I was sooo close to quitting and I just thought "there is no way this diet is for me!!!" But I can't even express to you how happy I am that I stuck with it. Getting through the assessment phase is difficult, but if you stick with it you will be very pleased. But if your goal is to drop bodyfat right this instant and you're looking for a quick fix then this diet is not for you. It is a lifestyle change and your body needs time do adapt. The reason why your strength is dipping at this point is because you are still a carbohydrate burner. After the initial 12 day break in period your body will shift from burning carbohydrates for fuel to fat as its main fuel source. And after 4 weeks you can start to cut the calories and I gaurantee that you will experience the superior fat burning properties that this diet has to offer.

TNASTYII

TNASTYII

Awards
  • Established
thanks for the replies guys. you mentioned you gained 5 pounds the first week. ive LOST 3lbs as of yesterday along with some strenth but i figured that happens to the best of us. i feel like im gaining muscle at the same time. i did chest and shoulders yesterday, with Super sets of tris and bis (only 4 sets for both) and my arms feel alot fuller today. i just feel different everytime i put my shirt on after starting this diet. im not discouraged, and i have alot of will power. i wont quit. and nothings a quick fix. you say i describe myself as an endo. im more a mix between a endo and ecto lol. im 6'2 and trying to gain as much muscle as possible. i havnt been putting it on easy either. im a hardgainer with sensitivity to carbs or high cals. kinda weird but everyones different. my mom always complains"all this meat isnt good for you." i just looked it up and it said people had better blood work after being on this diet. lol. she always complains, but mom and dad are diabetic. i try to tell them dont eat alot of carbs...whats do they do? eat carbs.lol. she not gonna make me quit. im just mentioning it.
i see what your saying about having the biggest body parts at the beggining of the week after the refeed. i did back 2 days after i started and strenth was fine.

is it ok to only have one refeed/carb up day? or should i stick with 2. o and i recently read online on bb.com, someone was talking about buffalo wings being low carb...just had me some and they were amazing haha. 1 carb per 3 pieces. the best i could find and im sure its ok for this diet. me and my buddy are doing legs tommorow morning. its prob gonna suck lol. i cant wait to have a carb up. i miss my milk really bad

side note: i could prob use all the info you guys can give me on this diet and training. im just now figuring out how many sets i need to avoid overtraining. so basically ive been overtraining the whole year and 3 months ive been working out. i think ive got it straight now. thats one of the reasons ive felt bigger, is because i actually grew this week bc i didnt overtrain. and im not totally on the anabolic diet yet. ive been following it, but ive had around 30-40g of carbs. thats ONLY on workout days. but im cutting all carbs from now on. most of the carbs i was eating was PWO. in my shake. i just read that you dont eat any carbs PWO on this diet. :/ guess i read over that one. i knew you had to stay under 30g. its prob gonna be better that i did do it this way, i came off ALOT of carbs in my diet. and i mean ALOT. lol. been getting headaches too, but they are gone.

i kep thinkin of more stuff to ask and write about.....what do you guys eat on the go? low carb protein bar? or what? im in college and some classes are 3 hours so i need food if im eating every 3 hours, which ive been doing for a long time.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
thanks for the replies guys. you mentioned you gained 5 pounds the first week. ive LOST 3lbs as of yesterday along with some strenth but i figured that happens to the best of us. i feel like im gaining muscle at the same time. i did chest and shoulders yesterday, with Super sets of tris and bis (only 4 sets for both) and my arms feel alot fuller today. i just feel different everytime i put my shirt on after starting this diet. im not discouraged, and i have alot of will power. i wont quit. and nothings a quick fix. you say i describe myself as an endo. im more a mix between a endo and exo lol. im 6'2 and trying to gain as much muscle as possible. i havnt been putting it on easy either. im a hardgainer with sensitivity to carbs or high cals. kinda weird but everyones different. my mom always complains"all this meat isnt good for you." i just looked it up and it said people had better blood work after being on this diet. lol. she always complains, but mom and dad are diabetic. i try to tell them dont eat alot of carbs...whats do they do? eat carbs.lol. she not gonna make me quit. im just mentioning it.
i see what your saying about having the biggest body parts at the beggining of the week after the refeed. i did back 2 days after i started and strenth was fine.

is it ok to only have one refeed/carb up day? or should i stick with 2. o and i recently read online on bb.com, someone was talking about buffalo wings being low carb...just had me some and they were amazing haha. 1 carb per 3 pieces. the best i could find and im sure its ok for this diet. me and my buddy are doing legs tommorow morning. its prob gonna suck lol. i cant wait to have a carb up. i miss my milk really bad

side note: i could prob use all the info you guys can give me on this diet and training. im just now figuring out how many sets i need to avoid overtraining. so basically ive been overtraining the whole year and 3 months ive been working out. i think ive got it straight now. thats one of the reasons ive felt bigger, is because i actually grew this week bc i didnt overtrain. and im not totally on the anabolic diet yet. ive been following it, but ive had around 30-40g of carbs. thats ONLY on workout days. but im cutting all carbs from now on. most of the carbs i was eating was PWO. in my shake. i just read that you dont eat any carbs PWO on this diet. :/ guess i read over that one. i knew you had to stay under 30g. its prob gonna be better that i did do it this way, i came off ALOT of carbs in my diet. and i mean ALOT. lol. been getting headaches too, but they are gone.

i kep thinkin of more stuff to ask and write about.....what do you guys eat on the go? low carb protein bar? or what? im in college and some classes are 3 hours so i need food if im eating every 3 hours, which ive been doing for a long time.

You probably didn't lose any strength, you were just glycogen depleted, so you didn't have enough energy.

You can still have milk dude. Buy HOODS CALORIE COUNTDOWN MILK. IT's 3 grams of carbs per cup. So you could have a few cups a day mixed with protein powder and be fine. Try it, it's good.

Botch

Botch

Awards
  • Established
Im pissed I haven't been able to find hoods calorie countdown chocolate milk at any of the grocery stores in my area and it sounds awesome!

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
Im pissed I haven't been able to find hoods calorie countdown chocolate milk at any of the grocery stores in my area and it sounds awesome!

Yeah it owns, it's alot more creamy than skim milk. It tastes like a savory cream, which IMO tastes wayyy better than skim milk. I drink it even on carb ups with cereal. That milk + ezekiel cereal OWNS!! Giant stores carry it. The chocolate version has 5 grams of carbs a cup, but IMO doesn't taste as good.

Another thing about carb ups, refeeds, is that huge leptin boost, so if you go real low cals the next day, you just lost 1 LB of solid fat in like a day with cardio... bcaa's to protect muscle.

Botch

Botch

Awards
  • Established
TNASTYII, I am also in college and Monday-Friday I am at school for about 8-10 hours. I workout inbetween classes and I like to bring protein shakes w/ heavy whipping cream and extra virgin olive oil with me. For another meal I also like to bring some tuna pre mixed with mustard and mayo and some more extra virgin olive oil to have by itself with the tuna. Nuts are also a good choice as well. If you are needing some extra fat during the day fish oil is also a good choice. I usually take about 10 caps with my post workout shake, then wait about an hour and have a large meal. Hope that all made sense, I got my wisdom teeth pulled earlier today and the painkillers are making me looooooopy :fool2:.

JDF

Awards
  • Established
Yeah it owns, it's alot more creamy than skim milk. It tastes like a savory cream, which IMO tastes wayyy better than skim milk. I drink it even on carb ups with cereal. That milk + ezekiel cereal OWNS!! Giant stores carry it. The chocolate version has 5 grams of carbs a cup, but IMO doesn't taste as good.

Another thing about carb ups, refeeds, is that huge leptin boost, so if you go real low cals the next day, you just lost 1 LB of solid fat in like a day with cardio... bcaa's to protect muscle.

I usually go super low kcal after my 12 hour refeeds, that little tid-bit is very interesting.

BCAAs for some reason I can seem to have, I could not get into ketosis for about a month until this week when i dropped my Xtend to try and trouble shoot. Might be picking up some leucine though since its a ketogenic amino acid

Botch

Botch

Awards
  • Established

I need to get a Costco card because thats the only big grocery store around where I live that might have it that I haven't already been too.

I naturally go low cals the day after the carb up because often I'm still kinda full and don't feel like I need the cals. I usually eat a lot of calories on the carb up though w/ about 30% from fat...because fat just makes everything taste better.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
I need to get a Costco card because thats the only big grocery store around where I live that might have it that I haven't already been too.

I naturally go low cals the day after the carb up because often I'm still kinda full and don't feel like I need the cals. I usually eat a lot of calories on the carb up though w/ about 30% from fat...because fat just makes everything taste better.

I actually miss fat during carb ups.

My 12 hour carb up yielded 5000 calories.

Today I had around 2700.

My maintenance is somewhere around 3500. I also lifted today and did a small amount of cardio. I saved a ton of calories for PW. So I ate like 1800 today, then PWO I ate 900.

TNASTYII

TNASTYII

Awards
  • Established
nice to see you guys replied again :D haha. but seriously i always wondered if there was a milk with low carbs. ive even looked. idk if i have stores that would carry it. i dont have a Gaint store here. i have food lion, haris teeter, walmart, BI-LO thats around my house. ill look for it next time im at the store.
im stil feeling leaner this morning. which is good :]
my good friend from highschool(we grad. together) is coming over and we are gonna hit the gym in about a hour and 15 mins. im bout to go fix me a big breakfast like i always do. 5 jumbo eggs with 3 good size pieces of sausage. heck i might even throw some bacon in there. lol. going to do legs today and im sure is gonna be h3ll.

so you guys are saying 12 hour refeed. i thought it was supposed to be the whole weekend? sat and sun is carb up right? and can you eat as much as u like? or do you still have to watch calories? well hes comin over early so i gotta get get bfast lol.
thanks for ansering my questions

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
nice to see you guys replied again :D haha. but seriously i always wondered if there was a milk with low carbs. ive even looked. idk if i have stores that would carry it. i dont have a Gaint store here. i have food lion, haris teeter, walmart, BI-LO thats around my house. ill look for it next time im at the store.
im stil feeling leaner this morning. which is good :]
my good friend from highschool(we grad. together) is coming over and we are gonna hit the gym in about a hour and 15 mins. im bout to go fix me a big breakfast like i always do. 5 jumbo eggs with 3 good size pieces of sausage. heck i might even throw some bacon in there. lol. going to do legs today and im sure is gonna be h3ll.

so you guys are saying 12 hour refeed. i thought it was supposed to be the whole weekend? sat and sun is carb up right? and can you eat as much as u like? or do you still have to watch calories? well hes comin over early so i gotta get get bfast lol.
thanks for ansering my questions

The lower bodyfat you are, the longer the refeed.

12 hour refeed is sufficient for myself. Anything more and it's counter-productive.

You don't eat as much as you like on carbups. You eat until your full, not until your stuffed or sick. Then you eat when your hungry again.

On low carb days you have to watch your cals if you want to cut. You can't eat 5K calories and expect to lose weight.

Botch

Botch

Awards
  • Established
CryingEmo made a good point about the carb ups. I'm relatively low bodyfat right now and I find that a small carb spike on wednesday night plus a 12 hour carb up on saturday is just what I need. Any more than that and I start packing on fat. But I wouldn't recommend trying a carb spike midweek until you have had some experience with the diet (1-2 months at least) and you are absolutely dragging ass during the latter part of the week. I also get quite a bit of exercise and play in soccer games during the week so the extra carbs midweek are helpful.

TNASTYII

TNASTYII

Awards
  • Established
yea i read about the refeed midweek but it said you need more than just 1-2 months before u do that. i cant remeber how long it said. just got back from squats and weighted myself on the scale at the gym. i was 198. when i said i weighed around 186 thats on my scale at home. this is like a a scale at the doctors office. i had to go lighter on the back squats which really isnt a surprise. but i actually added weight to my front squats. which is pretty cool. but i was very low energy. i mean i didnt even feel like doing squats but i did, and it was hard lol. i guess ill only be doing a 12 hour refeed on sunday then. gonna work out with my buddy again on monday. its back for me, which is my strongest part. i love back day and after a carb up, its gonna be amazing. i also felt like i got hit by a truck last night when i woke up. my back hurts from my matress or either how i sleep. its weird. im going easy on my deadlifts on monday becuase my back needs a little break. so i wont go as heavy. i really like this diet though. it seems like im loosing body fat already, esp on my chest which is exactly where i want to loose. i use to be fat and still have extra on my hips chest and stomach.

i get no where near 5k cals man. i know u cant loose weight like that. im gettin around 3300 which is alittle above mainten. for me which is right were i want to be.

about the milk again. are u saying i can have milk? or just the low carb milk. prob cant have it at all till carb up unless i have low carb milk correct? i have a journal over at bb.com but i wish there was a section here for that. i dont get comments on my journal over there. i know i would here.

TNASTYII

TNASTYII

Awards
  • Established
i just went and picked up some choc HOOD. that stuff is BOMB. lol. 4 carbs per serving. and its as good as the 27g of carbs per serving. awesome. thanks for telling me about it! i love milk. now i can be on the anabolic diet and have my milk during the week too! :bb3:

JDF

Awards
  • Established
Very nice find, its all about finding out what works and if you really love something then dont cut it out but limit it!

I'd keep the milk for Post WO since thats when you'll need the carbs to suppress the cortisol and spike insulin levels

TNASTYII

TNASTYII

Awards
  • Established
Very nice find, its all about finding out what works and if you really love something then dont cut it out but limit it!

I'd keep the milk for Post WO since thats when you'll need the carbs to suppress the cortisol and spike insulin levels
dont need insulin spike with the anabolic diet. thats what a carb up does.

got another question. since i started this last saturday, is it ok for me to carb up sunday? like is the 12 day AD then carb up neccessary? or can i just do week by week. i heard the 12 day thing wasnt in the book, so im guessing it doesnt HAVE to be done

Botch

Botch

Awards
  • Established
The 12 day break in period is listed in the Metabolic Diet. It is optional, however its recommended. When I started the AD I didn't do the 12 day break in period, instead I just started with a 5 on 2 off approach. This way worked fine for me, but I didn't crash until late into the second week. You will adapt quicker if you do the 12 day break in, but for me I needed that first carb up sooner to keep my sanity as this was the first time I'd ever done anything low carb in my life.

JDF

Awards
  • Established
dont need insulin spike with the anabolic diet. thats what a carb up does.

got another question. since i started this last saturday, is it ok for me to carb up sunday? like is the 12 day AD then carb up neccessary? or can i just do week by week. i heard the 12 day thing wasnt in the book, so im guessing it doesnt HAVE to be done
spike may be the wrong word but carbs will help to suppress cortisol levels by signaling the release of insulin ( stop the degradation of your muscles )

The faster you eat and get nutrients into your body the faster the insulin will be released to suppress the cortisol, milk being full of sugar will trigger a faster reaction. This being the reasoning behind my suggestion to drink milk @ this time, you however can drink it whenever you choose - JMO

TNASTYII

TNASTYII

Awards
  • Established
spike may be the wrong word but carbs will help to suppress cortisol levels by signaling the release of insulin ( stop the degradation of your muscles )

The faster you eat and get nutrients into your body the faster the insulin will be released to suppress the cortisol, milk being full of sugar will trigger a faster reaction. This being the reasoning behind my suggestion to drink milk @ this time, you however can drink it whenever you choose - JMO
im just sayin what i read. lol. it said dont eat carbs PWO. cuz u dont need a spike on the anabolic diet. atleast thats what i read.

TNASTYII

TNASTYII

Awards
  • Established
The 12 day break in period is listed in the Metabolic Diet. It is optional, however its recommended. When I started the AD I didn't do the 12 day break in period, instead I just started with a 5 on 2 off approach. This way worked fine for me, but I didn't crash until late into the second week. You will adapt quicker if you do the 12 day break in, but for me I needed that first carb up sooner to keep my sanity as this was the first time I'd ever done anything low carb in my life.
thanks man. idk. i want to carb up on sunday, so i can beast my workout monday. i thought you would adapt quicker. but its a marathon, not a sprint...so ima eat my carbs on sunday :D lol. you said 5 on 2 off...but only a 12 hour refeed. so whats "off" after the refeed? lol. thats what im saying, i thought u had 2 days to refeed. but you guys are saying only 12 hours.

dawaro

dawaro

Awards
im just sayin what i read. lol. it said dont eat carbs PWO. cuz u dont need a spike on the anabolic diet. atleast thats what i read.
from stronglifts.com
Insulin Spike Post Workout. This is probably one of the most asked questions. Do you need an insulin spike post workout on the Anabolic Diet? The answer is no. Remember How the Anabolic Diet Works:

No carbs during the week. Insulin controlled.
Heavy carb loading in the weekend. Insulin spike.
You’ll get an extreme insulin spike during the weekend which will get all proteins & nutrients into your muscles. One more time: no carbs post workout on the Anabolic Diet.

Post Workout Nutrition. The following works on the Anabolic Diet:

Whey, water & 2 teaspoons olive oil or fish oil; or
Meat & veggies
Avoid too much fat post workout. It can upset your stomach. 10g will do.

Post Post Workout Meal. The real deal comes 60 to 90 minutes later. Here’s what I usually get:

250g meat
100g cheese
300g green veggies
1tbps olive oil
Totals for 80g protein, 80g fat & plenty of fiber.

Post Post Workout Shake. If you can’t have a whole meal post post workout, try a shake of:

Whey
Water
Heavy whipping cream
Heavy whipping cream has 40% fat.

That’s for post & post post workout nutrition on the Anabolic Diet. If you need ideas for pre workout nutrition, check out one of the various Breakfast Eggs Recipes."

There is quite a bit on the site about the anabolic diet. He also outlines a 5X5 routine you might want to look at,

TNASTYII

TNASTYII

Awards
  • Established
from stronglifts.com
Insulin Spike Post Workout. This is probably one of the most asked questions. Do you need an insulin spike post workout on the Anabolic Diet? The answer is no. Remember How the Anabolic Diet Works:

No carbs during the week. Insulin controlled.
Heavy carb loading in the weekend. Insulin spike.
You’ll get an extreme insulin spike during the weekend which will get all proteins & nutrients into your muscles. One more time: no carbs post workout on the Anabolic Diet.

Post Workout Nutrition. The following works on the Anabolic Diet:

Whey, water & 2 teaspoons olive oil or fish oil; or
Meat & veggies
Avoid too much fat post workout. It can upset your stomach. 10g will do.

Post Post Workout Meal. The real deal comes 60 to 90 minutes later. Here’s what I usually get:

250g meat
100g cheese
300g green veggies
1tbps olive oil
Totals for 80g protein, 80g fat & plenty of fiber.

Post Post Workout Shake. If you can’t have a whole meal post post workout, try a shake of:

Whey
Water
Heavy whipping cream
Heavy whipping cream has 40% fat.

That’s for post & post post workout nutrition on the Anabolic Diet. If you need ideas for pre workout nutrition, check out one of the various Breakfast Eggs Recipes."

There is quite a bit on the site about the anabolic diet. He also outlines a 5X5 routine you might want to look at,

and thats exactly what i read. no insulin spike PWO. thats what a carb up is for. ive seen it. but thanks for posting it.

on the other hand i might have a problem coming up. im going to the doctor for a physical on monday, and my mom just found out i was going to be on this diet for more than a week. she thought i was just doing it for a week. i have no idea what made her think this, but she is absolutely flippin. she thinks my cholestorol and everything is gonna be messed up because im eat alot of meat. idk my doctors son is supposevely a bodybuilder, so idk if hes gonna know about the anabolic diet. i REALLY REALLY dont want to get off this diet. i hope he will think its ok. and she also wrote down all the stuff im takin....i mean its for good health. fish oils, msm glucosamine and hylaronic acid for joints and fiber pills. i very much dislike my mom sometimes.....im gonna do all i can to not get off this diet. if the doc says it not good ima say suck it:FUfinger:

Botch

Botch

Awards
  • Established
Are you getting labs done at the doctor? It would be a good time to get your lipids/triglycerides checked since you only just began the diet (and a hormone panel if you can). This should give you a baseline and a few months down the line it would be helpful to get bloodwork done again. This will show you if you have any peculiarities and need to make changes in the diet. Chances are you won't, and you will be able to show your mom how much your health has improved since beginning the diet.

TNASTYII

TNASTYII

Awards
  • Established
Are you getting labs done at the doctor? It would be a good time to get your lipids/triglycerides checked since you only just began the diet (and a hormone panel if you can). This should give you a baseline and a few months down the line it would be helpful to get bloodwork done again. This will show you if you have any peculiarities and need to make changes in the diet. Chances are you won't, and you will be able to show your mom how much your health has improved since beginning the diet.
i already had blood work done, and it was before the diet. everything is already ok. but idk what the doc is going to say.....and i wanted to see if someone knew the answer. i REALLY hope he doesnt say its not healthy......i want to be on this diet, and im sure my mom will find out if it is or not. if he says i cant do it, she wont let me....but idk how she can stop me. lol. she cant make me eat carbs. i wanted a hormone panel.....but they didnt do it. i asked the stupd woman are they cjhecking EVERYTHING...she said yea.....she lied

i started my carb up today. didnt go crazy and everything was clean. i didnt feel any different. i DO get better sleep while just eating high fat, high protein, low carb. the sleep is amazing. and thats def a plus. i want a honest opinion from you guys. you know im 18 about to turn 19. and i really want something other than creatine(which i dont respond to) to help me in the gym. no xplode really doesnt do anything but giv eme a pump and vascularity(im taking this now, but only becuase i got it for free). i have tried rpm but the effects are wearing down) im looking for strenth, pumps too i guess. is there a better product? such as no shotgun, or super pump? or would it be ok for me to maximize my testosterone with a natty t booster? maybe i should try drive, or t bomb II, DTH or something. most people say wait tilll your older for a t booster, but that doesnt mean it wont help now. i have tried mass fx/hyperdrolx2 and strenth was crazy, but my libido dropped pretty bad so i stopped. i was about half way through the bottles. i know this isnt the supp section but i figured i might could get some help. thanks

DieselPump

DieselPump

Awards
Hey TNASTYII, you might wanna give IGF-2 a look, by applied Nut.

I've been using that for the past couple weeks, along with the anabolic diet that I've been on for the past 5 weeks, and IGF-2 is nice for the strength gains and muscle hardness. I have awesome sleeps with it as well. I was already sleeping quite well on the anabolic diet, but now it just feels like I'm getting a deeper more restful sleep.

Good luck with the AD.

TNASTYII

TNASTYII

Awards
  • Established
Hey TNASTYII, you might wanna give IGF-2 a look, by applied Nut.

I've been using that for the past couple weeks, along with the anabolic diet that I've been on for the past 5 weeks, and IGF-2 is nice for the strength gains and muscle hardness. I have awesome sleeps with it as well. I was already sleeping quite well on the anabolic diet, but now it just feels like I'm getting a deeper more restful sleep.

Good luck with the AD.
o dude. sleep has been gettin ALOT better, and now im sleepin 10 hours plus. lol. sleep more, recover more :]
nah i want to order some its just my mom is really gay about me taking stuff, just like she is the diet. the doctor didnt say i should stop the diet or anything, he just said it causes your body to be more acidic(do i care?) i am losing bodyfat theres no doubt. and im pretty sure im gettin bigger(muscle wise) because the shirt im wearing right now was alot bigger at the begining of the week. lol. i love the AD, but by the time i get to thursday or friday im sick of eating meat. lol.
im about to order ready for war for some workout energy since its kind of low. im also finishing my bottle of mass fx. this is my third day back on it. doing legs tommorow with my buddy. when i run out of the mass fx i really wanna try DTH but i doubt my mom will approve even when the doc said it was ok :/

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
o dude. sleep has been gettin ALOT better, and now im sleepin 10 hours plus. lol. sleep more, recover more :]
nah i want to order some its just my mom is really gay about me taking stuff, just like she is the diet. the doctor didnt say i should stop the diet or anything, he just said it causes your body to be more acidic(do i care?) i am losing bodyfat theres no doubt. and im pretty sure im gettin bigger(muscle wise) because the shirt im wearing right now was alot bigger at the begining of the week. lol. i love the AD, but by the time i get to thursday or friday im sick of eating meat. lol.
im about to order ready for war for some workout energy since its kind of low. im also finishing my bottle of mass fx. this is my third day back on it. doing legs tommorow with my buddy. when i run out of the mass fx i really wanna try DTH but i doubt my mom will approve even when the doc said it was ok :/

Balance out the acidity with spinach or Greens+. Problem solved.

Botch

Botch

Awards
  • Established
Sorry bro I forgot that you are still 18 yrs old when I PMed you. Honestly, a test boosting supp. is probably not going to do much for you as your test is already very high. Look into beta alanine and maybe some type of pre workout energy supplement. You can also look into supplementing w/ BCAA's as well if you have never used them, they should add a little somethin somethin to your workout. Recently I've been supplementing with potassium gluconate and if you are experiencing any issues with cramping then that is something to consider. Also get yourself some B-complex vitamins as those can make a world of difference on this diet. The recommendation I saw above for IGF-2 is also a good one. Dopaminergics work much better on this diet than a carbo based diet as the lack of insulin is needed for the growth hormone release. However, I can't honestly say that I have ever seen results from using dopaminergics like L-dopa.

gogo

gogo

Awards
  • Established
Did all you bro's do the 12 day load phase or the 5 day?

DieselPump

DieselPump

Awards
Did all you bro's do the 12 day load phase or the 5 day?
I did the 12 day loading phase.

It's worth it imo, gets your body switched over to burning fat as energy faster.

JDF

Awards
  • Established
I did the 12 day loading phase as well...i thought it helped me to get mentally tougher and I felt ready to hammer down on the diet

TNASTYII

TNASTYII

Awards
  • Established
im doing 5 day on 2 day off. its hard for me to be on the AD when i work all day on friday and saturday. i dont have foods i can eat available. my first week was rough. second week is alot better

dawaro

dawaro

Awards
im doing 5 day on 2 day off. its hard for me to be on the AD when i work all day on friday and saturday. i dont have foods i can eat available. my first week was rough. second week is alot better
I know a lot of people are not fond of meal replacements but I have this same issue. What I plan on doing when I start is using ISOpure Zero Carb to supplement when a meal isnt practical. I can through it in a shaker in the morning and just toss it in the back pack and go.

TNASTYII

TNASTYII

Awards
  • Established
I know a lot of people are not fond of meal replacements but I have this same issue. What I plan on doing when I start is using ISOpure Zero Carb to supplement when a meal isnt practical. I can through it in a shaker in the morning and just toss it in the back pack and go.
they have isopure in packets that dont have carbs? i know they have the meal replacements, but i havnt seen any packets without carbs.

illfoo

Awards
Hey tnasty if your mom is still buggin' you about the health aspects of a LC diet, show her this link, it's a decent collection studies that show the health benefits of a reduced carbohydrate intake.

Low Carbohydrate Nutrition: Low Carb Research

Tell her to read it all, that should stop her from naggin' you for awhile; atleast until you want to get some cool new supplements. :hammer:

And I wish I could take credit for finding that, but props to someone a lot smarter than me on a different board which I won't mention out of respect for AM.

Last edited:
TNASTYII

TNASTYII

Awards
  • Established
Hey tnasty if your mom is still buggin' you about the health aspects of a LC diet, show her this link, it's a decent collection studies that show the health benefits of a reduced carbohydrate intake.

Low Carbohydrate Nutrition: Low Carb Research

Tell her to read it all, that should stop her from naggin' you for awhile; atleast until you want to get some cool new supplements. :hammer:

And I wish I could take credit for finding that, but props to someone a lot smarter than me on a different board which I won't mention out of respect for AM.
ah shes not buggin me anymore. im gonna do what im gonna do right? about the supps...lol. your right about the naggin on that one

TheeBC

TheeBC

Awards
  • Established
I just got the PDF on this...Im a endo/mesmo...Im 6'1 193... im working on getting ready for summer. Goal is to be satisfied by June 1st... Since you're all on it, how does this sound to you guys, is the diet for me? 2 1/2 months? I can switch over VERY quickly.

TNASTYII

TNASTYII

Awards
  • Established
all i can say is try it man. this diet plus cardio=fat loss. no doubt. im only in week two and my pants are gona fall off soon haha. way more room than when i started. and im still eating around maintence. yesterday i did eat alot more, it was leg day. and im not sore today. its wierd. must have recovered well last night. just try it out man

Botch

Botch

Awards
  • Established
I just got the PDF on this...Im a endo/mesmo...Im 6'1 193... im working on getting ready for summer. Goal is to be satisfied by June 1st... Since you're all on it, how does this sound to you guys, is the diet for me? 2 1/2 months? I can switch over VERY quickly.
Well, you have told us that you are 6'1 and 193. That tells me nothing about how much bodyfat you have and how much you are looking to use by June 1st. This diet is not a race though, and you will not switch over VERY quickly. It will take time to adapt before you can even begin to cut. So, fill us in on the details and maybe we can help you out.

TheeBC

TheeBC

Awards
  • Established
Im a endo/meso more endo. What else, since you couldn't mention what I misinformed you about.

Dude!!!!! my mom b!tches at me about this diet, telling me ill get stones and its fattening, when she goes and buys herself a half gallon of cookies n' cream yesterday and Klondikes. haha, its annoying.

Botch

Botch

Awards
  • Established
Im a endo/meso more endo. What else, since you couldn't mention what I misinformed you about.

Dude!!!!! my mom b!tches at me about this diet, telling me ill get stones and its fattening, when she goes and buys herself a half gallon of cookies n' cream yesterday and Klondikes. haha, its annoying.
You didn't misinform me. I just have no clue how much bodyfat you have with the information you gave me. Saying you are endo/meso but more endo tells me nothing because you could be at 9% bodyfat or 20% and its completely different, ya dig?

TheeBC

TheeBC

Awards
  • Established
Well, Ive never been tested, im waiting to get back medical insurance havn't had any in almost 2 years cuz I haven't been taking enough classes with work and im to lazy to pay them 200$ a month for kaiser even though its good. I'd say Im a 15/16

bj22

Awards
Do you guys utilize the weekly carb up day around a work out? How much carbs exactly should one take in during this window? Also, for cutting purposes, should I plan on consuming more cals on carb up days than the rest of the week or cut enough fat out of the day to have relatively the same amount of calories?

Thanks.

Botch

Botch

Awards
  • Established
Do you guys utilize the weekly carb up day around a work out? How much carbs exactly should one take in during this window? Also, for cutting purposes, should I plan on consuming more cals on carb up days than the rest of the week or cut enough fat out of the day to have relatively the same amount of calories?

Thanks.
I don't usually carb up on on a workout day unless my gym is closed during the week and I'm forced to go on the weekend. I find that once I start packing in the carbs I get very relaxed from the serotonin release and its harder to get my ass to the gym. However, the days that I have worked out on carb ups have turned out to be really strong days in the gym. You should try working out on non-carb days and carb ups to see what works best for you. I also do a midweek carb spike on Wednesday nights and play in soccer games the same night and the extra carbs seem to give me a boost during the game when I eat them about 4-6 hours beforehand.
The amount of carbs that you take in and the duration of the carb up will depend on the person. You will have to experiment. When I first started the diet I went way overboard consuming 8000-12000 calories over the weekend and sometimes even making myself sick. When cutting, for most people a 36 hour carb up is a bit much and while the spillover might be helpful for bulking, it certainly isn't what you want when cutting.
If you want to eat more calories during the carb up then you can wave calories during the week. I personally like to have some fat with my carbs and have learned over time that keeping my fat at about 25-30% of total calories during the carb up treats me well. However, my protein during the carb up is usually only about 10-15% of my total calories. The diet is very flexible and you will have to find out through trial and error what works best for you.

Botch

Botch

Awards
  • Established
Well, Ive never been tested, im waiting to get back medical insurance havn't had any in almost 2 years cuz I haven't been taking enough classes with work and im to lazy to pay them 200$ a month for kaiser even though its good. I'd say Im a 15/16
I know what its like to not have medical insurance and it's a stressful feeling! You need to get yourself some insurance brotha. Anyways, how far are you into the assessment phase of the diet? Once this phase is finished you can begin cutting and in 8 weeks you can make some very noticable progress. Whether or not your bodyfat will be as low as you want I can't say, but you can certainly make some good strides in the right direction if you get your diet on point and with the right strength training program. Remember that this is a marathon, not a sprint!

bj22

Awards
Thanks for all the information. I'm starting Monday. I will report back.

TheeBC

TheeBC

Awards
  • Established
I had to stop the diet, but I swear on my mothers grave..imma carb sensitive SOB... I didn't gain a pound on this diet bro and I limited my carbs to 40gs a day. I ate 2 helpings of goldfishes. LOL the rest of beef jerky, steak,chicken,cheese, (in n' out protein wrap) check it out...ONLY 11carbs. and its HIGH in fat and good protein. my gf even said I slimmed up. THat feels good to hear when shes 110 5'2 and im 6'1 190. also, I lose 3 lbs.