drummaboyzl

drummaboyzl

Awards
  • Established
my intake consists of
protein: 17%
carbs:48%
fat:35%

i am going to try and put on between 5-10lbs of lbm. how low do i need to get the fat down to and where should the protein be? also, is that a high carb % ?
**my blocks is 16 and i should be intaking 120 g of protein. and im getting 131 g on my current diet.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Protein intake is ~1g/lb of BW. You are a little high in carbs, unless you do a lot of cardio, but not too high. A good starting ratio is 40/40/20, which is 40% of kcals from carbs and protein and 20% coming from fats.

drummaboyzl

drummaboyzl

Awards
  • Established
Protein intake is ~1g/lb of BW. You are a little high in carbs, unless you do a lot of cardio, but not too high. A good starting ratio is 40/40/20, which is 40% of kcals from carbs and protein and 20% coming from fats.
....bw is body weight right? cuz that sounds like an excess of protein...?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
....bw is body weight right? cuz that sounds like an excess of protein...?
Don't base nutrition off of the labels; they are horribly incorrect. In resistance training people, 1g/lb is the standard for protein consumption. I weigh between 175-180 and my protein intake hovers around 180-200g/day.

drummaboyzl

drummaboyzl

Awards
  • Established
im looking at whey protein, if i lower my fat consumption and use whey protein to make up the difference in how much protein im getting and how much i need would that work?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
im looking at whey protein, if i lower my fat consumption and use whey protein to make up the difference in how much protein im getting and how much i need would that work?
It's a start, but I recommend whole-foods as opposed to protein powders. Using them around the time that you train, however, is great time to use these.

drummaboyzl

drummaboyzl

Awards
  • Established
thanks rodja for your help. heres another ? for you, im taking in alot of carbs, if i want to lose weight would i keep my carb intake at about 20% consisting mostly of complex carbs? im going to bulk up then work on cutting so the more info i can get now, the better routine i can set up

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
thanks rodja for your help. heres another ? for you, im taking in alot of carbs, if i want to lose weight would i keep my carb intake at about 20% consisting mostly of complex carbs? im going to bulk up then work on cutting so the more info i can get now, the better routine i can set up
You could do that, but make sure you 1-2 days/wk in which you double your carb consumption. Doing this reloads your glycogen, improves your energy levels, and helps to reduce muscle loss.

drummaboyzl

drummaboyzl

Awards
  • Established
you've helped me out alot. i gotta go for a bit, stepdad needs help liftin some shiz...