High Fructose Corn Syrup!

MattRoeske

MattRoeske

Awards
  • Established
I found this article on HFCS i figured someone might want to read this because i found it really interesting.... and i swear this is what causes the cancer problems we have in the present society.... Because they say it is one of the causes of Breast/Colon/ And prostate Cancer... Good Ol' America

Eightball & Thundercloud Rant - The Killer On The Cob - High Fructose Corn Syrup Is Killing Us

Well i found another article you guys might want to check to see what actually is in the things we eat.... My god

Food Additives ~ CSPI’s Food Safety

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
HFCS is and has been a well-known "avoid at all costs" additive.

It really is ****.

datBtrue

datBtrue

Awards
  • Established
Interesting links. Sorry for the hi-jack but...

That second link lead me to SODIUM BENZOATE, BENZOIC ACID which got me thinking about Benzyl alcohol (BA) because it is used so often in the injectable formulas, especially steroids that bodybuilders use. So those links led me to the following:

Carcinogenicity of benzyl acetate, benzyl alcohol, and benzaldehyde
With benzyl alcohol, no treatment-related increase in tumours was observed in F344/N rats or B6C3F1 mice after administration of <400 mg/kg body weight per day in rats or <200 mg/kg body weight per day in mice by gavage in corn oil (US NTP, 1989).

So THAT is good news.

Reproductive toxicity doesn't appear too bad as well:

Reproductive toxicity of benzyl acetate, benzyl alcohol, and benzaldehyde
Benzyl alcohol at 550 mg/kg body weight per day by gavage on days 6-15 of pregnancy had no effect on gestation index, average number of live pups per litter, postnatal survival, or pup body weight on days 0 and 3 in CD-1 mice (York et al., 1986), while 750 mg/kg body weight per day (days 7-14) induced a reduction in the pup weight and maternal weight gain, but no pup mortality or changes in mating or gestation indices, the total number of resorptions, or the number of live pups per litter (Hardin et al., 1987).

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
I wont eat anything with High Fructose Corn Syrup in it.

While your at it... try to avoid anything with just plain 'sugar' on the label, as this is toxic for your body

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
Even G2, gatorade's reduced calorie drink has HFCS in it. I wonder how in the hell gatorade sells as an athlete's drink when if you pay attention to what's in it it boils down to kool aid for big kids.

MattRoeske

MattRoeske

Awards
  • Established
It's all about the $ Thats why The big companies really dont give a crap about us. And Ya... Interesting gatorade uses HFCS lol why dont they just put lead in our food :twisted:

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
Even G2, gatorade's reduced calorie drink has HFCS in it. I wonder how in the hell gatorade sells as an athlete's drink when if you pay attention to what's in it it boils down to kool aid for big kids.
Bc at the end of the day.. the product will sell because the advertising supports it.
People will buy anything.. the DONT care whats in it. All it takes is a flashy ad with strong claims (or in gatorade's instance, a good reputation)...... sound familiar to bodybuilding ads and the big companies????

MattRoeske

MattRoeske

Awards
  • Established
Indeed :-x thats why i laugh at the people who spend $$$$$ big $$$$ on all the products they buy. I stick to the basics :p I love ppl who used to buy like $60.00 protein from gnc lol

brandoppsx

brandoppsx

Awards
What drives me crazy is that I'm a big fan of ketchup (i know..i know..but i love it with my chicken breasts :) )...but it seems that all Ketchup contains HFCS...which SUCKS!!...the only one that didnt was some weird organic one that cost 6 dollars for a container that's half the size of the normal ketchup container...

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
Well, at least it may encourage you to use less.

...the only one that didnt was some weird organic one that cost 6 dollars for a container that's half the size of the normal ketchup container...

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Less is more!

brandoppsx

brandoppsx

Awards
Well, at least it may encourage you to use less.
Ha...I guess you're right :p. But man does it ever taste good for a dipping sauce for my chicken...

I guess I could always substitute it with tobasco and try to forget about all of the good times that we shared...

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
Ha...I guess you're right :p. But man does it ever taste good for a dipping sauce for my chicken...

I guess I could always substitute it with tobasco and try to forget about all of the good times that we shared...
mustard!
0 calories and it makes a hella good dipping sauce

brandoppsx

brandoppsx

Awards
Hmm, good call! I know what's going with my chicken tonight. Haha.

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
Hmm, good call! I know what's going with my chicken tonight. Haha.
just watch out because I have found HFCS in a number of mustard products.

I laugh when people have questions about what foods to eat
my rules are:
1. Is it fried or contain transfat or high sat fats
2. Does it have HFCS or sugar (sugar is toxic to your body)
3. Does it have more than 5 ingredients.
4. Can i pronounce or recognize all (or most) of the ingredients.

This will kick out 95% of the foods at the grocery store... makes it that much easier to know which ones are good.

ecu19

ecu19

Awards
  • Established
I love ppl who used to buy like $60.00 protein from gnc lol
Not to be nit picky but I bought gnc whey 5lb tub for about 32 bucks with the little gold card that I had from last year.

It isn't TOO bad of a price, plus it has bcaa's in it (~3.2g's of glutamine per scoop also). The chocolate tastes pretty good in water even for me, i'm sipping on it right now. The vanilla only tastes good in milk, and is barely drinkable in water.

That being said, that's the only thing i'll buy from GNC anymore, IF that.

I'm hoping to go with All The Whey, depending on how I like their sample flavors. I should be getting some soon.

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
It isn't TOO bad of a price, plus it has bcaa's in it (~3.2g's of glutamine per scoop also).
Just FYI.... All protein has bcaa's in it..

well actually protein = bcaa's

SMOKEPALADIN

SMOKEPALADIN

Awards
  • Established
It is funny to watch people prepare a salad then put 10 squeezes of "Fat-Free" dressing on it, and HFCS is the 2nd ingredient on the label, better off just to make your own dressing from a health standpoint.
The increased usage of HFCS tracks the same graph line as the upswing in obesity in the last 25 years.

MattRoeske

MattRoeske

Awards
  • Established
So true, Or the people who get like Extra Large Diet Cokes :) thats another funny one

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Not to be nit picky but I bought gnc whey 5lb tub for about 32 bucks with the little gold card that I had from last year.

It isn't TOO bad of a price, plus it has bcaa's in it (~3.2g's of glutamine per scoop also). The chocolate tastes pretty good in water even for me, i'm sipping on it right now. The vanilla only tastes good in milk, and is barely drinkable in water.

That being said, that's the only thing i'll buy from GNC anymore, IF that.

I'm hoping to go with All The Whey, depending on how I like their sample flavors. I should be getting some soon.
Any whey protein that's rocking 1.5g of saturated fat, 40mg of cholesterol, 2g of sugars, and it only returning you 20g of protein....is one that you can keep for yourself man.