Ninsha cuts with Velocity

Ninsha

Ninsha

Awards
Hi guys, I'm relatively new to the board, but I want to start up a log to keep me on top of the Velocity Diet that I'm on, I figure if I have to report here every day it will do that much more to keep me on top of it.

Stats:

Height: 5'7 (& 3/4)
Starting Weight: 183

I was 270 last year, I took a break from dieting, but I still have a little bit of pudge to drop, so lets do it, Velocity style for 2 weeks.

I'm committing the first sin of Velocity dieting for the first few days, and I'm using Whey Protein Isolate. This is mostly due to the fact that I just got a bunch of samples from Marcus at All The Whey (woot!), and partially due to the fact that I just don't have any Micellar Casein at the house right now - this will be fixed shortly.

Day 1
February 21, 2008

6:00 AM Took my handful of Skittles upon waking (Leviathan Reloaded, DCP, Yellow Gold, Reset AD, IGF-2) Weigh in at 183 at home scale, dry & naked. 3 pumps of Napalm to area around belly button and below.

6:45 AM, Multi-Vitamin, NOW Antioxidant Cap, Incarnate, Neovar, with 2 Scoops of Cinnamon Bun Isolate in water for breakfast. 2.5 ML Sesamin Oil.

No hunger until about
11:30 AManother 2 scoops Cinnamon Bun shake

1:15 PM 2nd Dose of LR, DCP, Yellow Gold, Reset AD, IGF-2, Neovar

4:15 PM 2 Scoops Chocolate All The Whey shake in water

5:45 PM 2 Incarnate, 2 DCP, 3 IGF-2. Sample pack (1 scoop) ATW Grape (my first disappointment with an ATW shake...)

6:30 PM Arrive at Gym: weigh in at 186 (with Shoes, clothes and a full stomach)
Squats 3x10 (130+Bar). Great workout, my heart felt like it was going to pound out of my chest, I love it when I can replace cardio with big compound lifts back to back.

Deadlifts 5x5 (130+Bar). Still working on my Deadlift form, it's sloppy, and I felt it more in my lower back than I know is safe. Will drop weight next time to work on better form.

Leg Press 5x7 (340). Felt the burn on this one, I up the weight every week, and my legs look leaner and meaner every time.

BW Calf raises 3x40 in between leg press sets. Mostly to keep heart rate up, but also because I need some tone in my calves.

7:45 2 Scoops ATW Chocolate as I drive home from the gym. Not hungry at all. Last meal for the day because I have to get blood drawn in the morning tomorrow and it requires a 12 hour fast. 3 pumps of Napalm to area around belly button and below.

Slept like a baby.

Day 2
February 22, 2008

6:00 AM Wake up, refrain from taking my skittles because I have to go get blood drawn, I am a sad panda. Weigh in at 180 dry and naked. Roll on some Capzasin, 3 pumps of Napalm

8:30 AM Finished getting blood drawn, take morning supplements with 2 scoops Cinnamon Bun Isolate from ATW. I would have liked to have been able to wait for a half hour in between supps and food but I really couldn't go without eating any longer, so I bit the bullet and took them all together.

12:15 PM Meant to eat at 11:30, but got sidetracked at work and my appetite is nonexistant. 2 Scoops of Cinnamon Bun.

1:30 PM 2nd Dose of Supplements

3:30 PM snip open a pack of the Peaches and Cream whey from ATW...absolutely heavenly flavor, no clumping. It's basically the ****.

5:45 PM Take pre-workout supplements and get in the car for the gym. Biceps & Back day!

Standing DB Biceps curls 5x5 (30 lbs each arm)
Single pulley curls 5x5 (35 lbs each arm)
Chin ups 3 sets to failure (48 lbs of assistance)
Dips 3 sets to failure (42 lbs of assistance)
Overhead Rows on HS machine 3x7 (90 lbs each arm)
Seated Preacher Curls on HS machine 3x5 (50 lbs each arm)
For some reason I could do loads more weight on this machine than I could with DBs.

I was really feeling the Dips and Chins in my back, more so than I do with the rows, they will be a bigger part of my workout in the future.

7:00 PM 2 scoop shake on the way out of the gym, drive home and take last set of supps in addition to 2 more Leviathan - I'm going out to a party and will be up until 3:00 AM, may as well take advantage of it. Roll on some Capzasin, 3 pumps of Napalm to area around belly button and below. Drank 2 0 carb energy drinks at the party, was feeling stimmed out all night - in a good way though.

Just getting started -- All in all the Velocity diet is easy so far, but everyone has willpower on the 2nd day of a diet - we'll see how it goes for the next 12

I'll post Day 3 tonight, but I will say already that I weighed in dry & naked this morning at 177, a new record low for me. 7 More pounds and I'll officially have lost 100 lbs since last year!

Ninsha

Ninsha

Awards
Day 3
February 23, 2008

Woke up at 177 lbs (like I said up top) dry and naked. Capzasin and 3 pumps of Napalm to area around belly button and below. Gotta say, I felt the burn from the cap pretty intensely today - in fact, I'm still feeling it at the time of writing (8:30 PM)

9:00 AM Wake up, take morning supps as usual, 45 minutes before first shake.

11:30 AM Not hungry yet, but really wanted to try a new flavor, so I grabbed a Single scoop sample of ATW Vanilla Whey Isolate - one of the best vanillas that I've ever had.

3:30 PM Started to get hungry, so I popped a single scoop sample of the ATW Orange protein - it was decent, and I left some of the residue from the Vanilla shake in the shaker so that it was a little like an orange creamsicle -- not my favorite, but it has promise.

5:00 PM Take Afternoon supps. Really feeling the heat from the Leviathan/DCP

6:30 PM Pack it up and head to the gym for SHOULDERS! Woohoo!

Weighed in at the gym clothed with shoes at 182 - a pound lower than the day before in the same outfit. I know it's mostly water, but again, the diet is working. I can see a definite difference too since last week doing shoulders. I see a huge amount of definition that wasn't there before. I will post before and after pics once the log is done, but I'm very pleased with the results so far.

5x5 35 lb DB Standing Lat raises
5x8 40 lb DB Shoulder Press (each hand) -- I blasted my shoulders with these! Got a huge pump afterwards, and could see some major definition.
3x8 25 lb DB Bent Over Lat Raises -- tough to get the range of motion correct with my right arm (I'm left handed) and I have never had an injury, so I'm not sure why.

I tried to do the shoulder press machine, but my fuel tank was empty -- the week before I had done 5x5 at 140 lbs.
I tried for 150 lbs - Failed
tried for 140 lbs - Failed again
tried for 120 lbs - Failed yet again
did 1 set of 50 lbs (yes 50...) to failure at only 8 or 9 reps, and called it a day for my poor shoulders.

3x15 leg lifts on half-ball
2x10 20 lb weighted crunches

That was it for the workout.

8:35 PM Home! I picked up some Casein Protein on the way home so that I would have some grub until my next ATW order comes in. Just about time for bed.

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
Nice log, I'll be following as I'm interested in the Velocity Diet for summer cut.

Ninsha

Ninsha

Awards
Day 4
February 24, 2008

11:00 AM Slept in way late today, but I really needed it. Took morning supps half an hour before a Gold Standard Chocolate Casein Protein shake - good taste and mixability, glad I went with this one for my quick fix. Put on my Napalm around my belly and played DoTA for most of the day...gotta love lazy sundays. Weighed in at 175. Thats 7 lbs in 4 days, with zero cardio. My muscles show more and more definition every day it seems...I'm blown away by the effectiveness of this diet.

5:00 PM Can't believe I was still not hungry at 5:00 PM...I attribute it to the Casein combined with the Leviathan, unbelievable appetite suppression. I drank another shake just to get my calories up for the day, I had this one with skim milk -- it was tasty.

No workout today, so I took a few pictures to show before and after, from just 4 days to now.

Before...

After 4 days....

I think there is a decently noticeable difference.

Unfortunately I am going to have to wait a few years, or have surgery to remove all the extra skin below my belly button...thats what it looks like after you pack fat behind it for years and years :(

On a positive note, I can start to see ab outlines when I flex...

Still got a long way to go...but I'm a step closer every day.

Ninsha

Ninsha

Awards
Day 5
February 25, 2008

6:00 AM Wake up, take LR, DCP, Sesamin, Vitamin, Reset AD, IGF-2, Neovar. Weigh in at 174.4 Put on my Napalm and drink a Casein shake 45 minutes later.

Running low on the DCP and not looking forward to it...still deciding on whether to buy another bottle or try something new.

12:30 PM 2nd Casein Shake

3:00 PM Time flew by - took afternoon supplements. Hunger is completely controlled.

6:00 PM Took a sample packet of NO Shotgun that I had lying around 20 minutes before I arrive at the gym, had a great chest & triceps workout. Chest strength has been maintained, still pushing 160 on the bench. Triceps are slightly up, 50 lbs on each arm. Good deal. Didn't really notice anything from the NO Shotgun as far as pumps go. I have a hard time getting pumps in my pecs - any suggestions?

7:30 PM Ok, my first solid meal in 5 days - It's my dad's birthday and we're going to a steakhouse. So my post workout nutrition was a 22 oz porterhouse steak with steamed asparagus (no butter) and a side salad with blue cheese dressing on the side - used about a tablespoon. Best damn steak I ever had in my life. I managed to keep myself from eating all of the fried appetizers and the bread basket. Even abstained from home made carrot cake. It's not a diet if you don't suffer a bit, right?

10:00 Bedtime. Steak is still sitting with me solid.

Will post Day 6 at it's completion -- weighed in at 175.4 this morning though. The steak is still in my gut, if I have a bowel movement today I expect to be around 173.7 tomorrow...but we'll see!

Ninsha

Ninsha

Awards
Day 6
February 26, 2008

5:30 AM Wake up, Napalm the gut, weigh in at 175.4, Take the morning supplements, and Casein shake

11:30 AM HUNGRY. First time I've dealt with hunger on the diet. Drank my 2nd Casein shake a little earlier than I thought I would have to.

2:30 PM Afternoon Supplements

8:00 PM No workout today -- Mixed my 3rd Chocolate Casein shake with just a LITTLE bit of water and some splenda -- made it the consistency of brownie mix...delicious. Followed it with a ton of water.

I look forward to weighing back in tomorrow, hopefully down below 174. Fingers are crossed!

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
Day 6
February 26, 2008

5:30 AM Wake up, Napalm the gut, weigh in at 175.4, Take the morning supplements, and Casein shake

11:30 AM HUNGRY. First time I've dealt with hunger on the diet. Drank my 2nd Casein shake a little earlier than I thought I would have to.

2:30 PM Afternoon Supplements

8:00 PM No workout today -- Mixed my 3rd Chocolate Casein shake with just a LITTLE bit of water and some splenda -- made it the consistency of brownie mix...delicious. Followed it with a ton of water.

I look forward to weighing back in tomorrow, hopefully down below 174. Fingers are crossed!
Are you only consuming 3 shakes a day? If so, I'd be starving.

Ninsha

Ninsha

Awards
Yea, 3 on non-training days, 4 on training days as I add one pre-workout. The casein combined with the Leviathan REALLY staves off hunger in a way that I think needs to be emphasized. It is a SERIOUS appetite suppresant. 3 shake days are only 600-700 calories a day, 4 shake days are 800-900.

I was looking in the mirror this morning, and If I pull my pants up just below my belly button, so that it covers up all my excess skin...I'm really impressed and happy with the way I look now. I'm hoping in a few years the skin will "flex" back and I won't need surgery, but I guess I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Ninsha

Ninsha

Awards
Day 7
February 27, 2008

5:30 AM Woke up and took my supplements, weighed in at 175.4, did my Napalm as usual. I've cut the cap out because I'm really not sure if I'm doing it right, and everything I hear says that Napalm should do the job on it's own. And the **** burns like hell.

6:30 AM Had a half Whey half Casein protein shake with 1 tblspoon Natural Peanut butter with dried currant berries and cinnamon mixed in -- I'm here to tell you, that **** is delicious.

11:30 AM Shake #2. No hunger per se, but going down to the cafeteria really made me want to eat solid food - there were yams, jalepeno corn bread muffins, jumbo chocolate chip cookies, baked potatoes, Chicken & Dumpling soup, etc. It's not that I'm hungry - it's that I'm craving good food again. I won't break though -- I'd only be cheating myself, besides I'm throwing a Rock Band party on Saturday and will no doubt involve a solid meal of some kind and a few shots of whiskey -- I'm doing shots to get me where I want to be so that I don't sit around all night drinking beer. Nothing like some liquid courage to get you going for some Rock Band - Kareoke style.

5:30 PM Down my Incarnate, IGF-2, Neovar and a sample pack of Nanovapor that I had lying around. Worst mistake I've ever made...had a horrible headache the entire workout, and once I left it only got worse - headlights on the highway were making it worse and the headache all but blinded me in my right eye from the pain. Screw that **** - Even with plenty of water it was bad, and I'm usually pretty insensetive to stimulants.

On a positive note, I had good form on my squats and deadlifts. 3 sets of each, and I definitely feel it going up and down stairs today. Did some shrugs for good measure - I want a cobra hood!

9:00 Jump into bed after applying my Napalm.

Woke up on Day 8 - 174 lbs. 4 more pounds to go!!! Can I make it in 8 days?

Ninsha

Ninsha

Awards
Day 8
February 28, 2008

Same old song and dance today - nothing to really report other than I ran out of Casein...that 3 lb jug lasted me all of 5 days. I am a sad panda.

I really want solid food.

bludevil

bludevil

Awards
  • Established
Day 8
February 28, 2008

Same old song and dance today - nothing to really report other than I ran out of Casein...that 3 lb jug lasted me all of 5 days. I am a sad panda.

I really want solid food.
Hang in their dude, only a few more days to go.