Rate my Trueprotein.com custom blend

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
ok I am basically looking for a high quality custom blend of proteins. I am sick of using cheap whey. I really feel it doesnt sit well, it bloats me and leaves me feeling hungry soon after. So I played around on trueprotein.com and came up with this well rounded bled That I plan on using as my protein source for my MRP meals.:

Calcium Casienate: 25%
Gemma Protein Isolate: 15%
Whey protein isolate (cold filtered): 25%
complete Milk Dairy isolate: 10%
Egg white Protein: 20%
psyllium Seek Husk powder: 5%

CHECK OUT True Protein | High Quality Nutrition and Protein Supplements for a detailed description of each and every protein they offer.

what do you guys think? comes out to $9.36/lb NOT bad at all IMO, considering its custom and HIGH quality..

actually with the jug and scoop and added protease enzymes its 10.66/lb.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Looks pretty solid. what flavoring you going with?
Also feel free to use my code
pkm142
save 5% and help me out a little as well.
The only thing I would suggest is dropping the calcium casienate and adding micellar casein, its cheaper, completely undenatured and i believe it has more growth fractions than calcium.

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Looks pretty solid. what flavoring you going with?
Also feel free to use my code
pkm142
save 5% and help me out a little as well.
The only thing I would suggest is dropping the calcium casienate and adding micellar casein, its cheaper, completely undenatured and i believe it has more growth fractions than calcium.
CALCIUM CASIENATE:
True Protein’s Calcium Caseinate is manufactured and derived from fresh skim milk. Calcium Caseinate protein is extracted from casein through acidification, which in turn, provides the user with a slow digesting protein. This slow digesting time leads to anti-catabolic properties and gives the user a feeling of being fuller longer.

Calcium Caseinate, like our other fresh skim milk derived proteins is very high in L-Glutamine, an amino acid essential to muscle building. Since this protein possesses slow digesting properties, we recommend mixing this protein with faster absorbing proteins (whey), for a well rounded custom mix. True Protein also recommends using Calcium Caseinate before going to sleep at night (anti-catabolic), to keep amino acids working their magic for hours after you fall asleep.

Calcium Caseinate possesses a fairly bland taste. The mouth texture is fairly smooth but with all casein type proteins, they do possess a somewhat chalky mouth feel. Casein typeproteins in general also have a much thicker consistancy than a whey might have, so mixing quantites should be less. It is also easily mixed in a shaker or blender.

MICELLAR CASEIN:
True Protein’s Micellar Casein is derived from milk protein isolate. The process of extraction is a natural and gental removal of all whey protein peptides, which leaves you with a pure Micellar Casein. Micellar Casein is a newer protein product, the process of manufacturing is only a few years old. You will not see many big name manufacturers using this product, mainly because it hurts their bottom line (too expensive). This protein powder can be considered the best of the best and the purest when coming to caseinate proteins.

Micellar Casein is completely undenatured and is chock full of sub-fractions and growth factors. This is great for overall muscle tissue repair and helps greatly in recovery. Since Micellar Casein is a caseinate, absorption is slower than whey products, therefore this is a great protein that has anti-catabolic properties as well.

Micellar Casein possesses a bland taste, but with all casein type proteins, they do possess a somewhat chalky mouth feel. Casein type proteins in general also have a much thicker consistancy than a whey might have, so mixing quantities should be less. Micellar Casein is an instantized protein so it can easily be mixed in a shaker cup or blender.

THANKS for that 5% man Ill definitely do it. To help you out too.

anway I posted what trueprotein.com had to say about each. seems like you are right. how is the calcium casienate more expensive when micellar is more beneficial? just manufacturing processes?

thanks for the help

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Thats a good question why the calcium is more expensive. I believe it is the extraction process. You are also getting a a decent amount of the micellar from the cmdi too i belive its like 80% casein so i would check on the price of that as well and see what turns out the cheapest for you.

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I've come up with several custom ideas from TP and PF. I've come up with custom proteins for meals, PWO, and just before bed. The one before bed contains all of the slow-digesting proteins, but I'm gonna be sure to have plenty of Gut Health on hand.

:fart:

I'd go with micellar caseinate over calcium caseinate any day, but I also plan on taking MVP and ZMK. ZMK calls for avoiding calcium before bed.

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
yea I think i will stick to the micellar. It will make things cheaper anyway. Hey MuscleGUyinNY feel free to post your different custom blends and the ingredients' %'s. I would be interested.

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
it was choc falvored BTW. thought it would be safe.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Won't fiber (psyllium) slow down or even block some of the protein and/or amino acid absorption?

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Won't fiber (psyllium) slow down or even block some of the protein and/or amino acid absorption?
block? well thats a good question. I intended it to have it slow it down...however now that you mention it, the protein compilation I designed should be a timed release blend as is....so maybe the fiber isnt needed>

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
I dont believe 5% would make that big of a difference either way.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Why dont you replace it with a little l-leucine

arjun4

arjun4

Awards
meh.. ur mix is pretty crappy imo

20% WPI
20% egg
30% MC
30% MPI

$9.60/lb

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
meh.. ur mix is pretty crappy imo

20% WPI
20% egg
30% MC
30% MPI

$9.60/lb
Thats a good one there, although Im quite attracted to adding a little Gemma protein...Bio rating is like 95%

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Love the leucine suggestion. Cant get enough of that stuff!
Anti-catabolic, Anabolic with and without its insulin-mediated effects, fat burning claims out there. Seems like more I read, the more I like Leucine. Too bad it tastes like ASS

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
Does anyone know what custom mix to make that would taste like metabolic drive by biotest? I wonder what the hell they put it in it to make it so thick. It's like powdered chocolate jello pudding or something.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
from what I understand the gemma doesn't play well with others :( its ok by itself, but they don't recommend blends with it last time I checked.

And the fiber isn't just to slow absorprion, its also to help your stomach feel full longer, which is handy.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
from what I understand the gemma doesn't play well with others :( its ok by itself, but they don't recommend blends with it last time I checked.

And the fiber isn't just to slow absorprion, its also to help your stomach feel full longer, which is handy.
Actually easy I have just the opposite about gemma, that it is much better in a mix than alone. Fiber is also a great part of an overall diet but at 5% of a mix that is probably about 30g a serving you are only getting 1.5g of fiber, which I don't think will add to overall satiety to much, although 1.5g of leucine probably won't do anything remarkable either.

I could be wrong though, Easy is a smart guy and I am not trying to call him out at all, just for the record.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I could be wrong too :D I was looking at including the gemma in a low-calcium bedtime mix, and had it suggested that it wouldn't work out too well. Then again, I don't recall if it was a truprotein rep or someone else who recommended it. lemee find that thread

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Im hearing much better feedback on mixes including Gemma than people that are using it straight, make sure to post a review if you place the order!
I don't know about the effectiveness of Gemma when mixed but it seems, on the TP boards atleast, that most prefer it in a mix.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I went thru my threads, and I must be misremembering it since nobody said anything about it being bad in a mix. weird. maybe it was just that gemma is absorbed a little fast and thats why i didn't go with it? damn, my memory is going now.

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Micellar Casein: 25%
Gemma Protein Isolate: 15%
Whey protein isolate (cold filtered): 25%
complete Milk Dairy isolate: 15%
Egg white Protein: 20%

I made some changes: ditched the insignificant amount of fiber, and added that 5% to the complete milk dairy isolate.

I think I will order this one up

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Now we just got to figure out a flavor for ya.... Looks good though, I still think you would be smart to put a little L-leucine in there. Maybe take away 5% MC and 5% WPI and add 10% Leucine.

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Now we just got to figure out a flavor for ya.... Looks good though, I still think you would be smart to put a little L-leucine in there. Maybe take away 5% MC and 5% WPI and add 10% Leucine.
see I would....but I sip on BCAA's all day. Do you still think sacrificing some of that protein for extra leucine is beneficial. I have heard leucine requires the other two BCAA's to perform its job; they need to be in a balance...2:1:1

just what I have heard..

I figured chocolate would be safe...what do you guys think>?

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
As for flavor different strokes for different folks, but the premium dutch chocolate or whatever is damn good. So is plain vanilla though.
With the leucine it should theoretically start up the amount of protein turnover or synthesis in your body. I am sure you are getting enough isoleucine and valine that you are not deficient, so extra leucine without the other two will still have benefits. I personally like the idea because look at how you mix will release:

Leucine - gets your body into an anabolic state upon ingestion
WPI + Gemma - Supply complete protein to the body once the leucine has already primed the pump so to speak
MPI + Egg - Keeps the amino levels sustained in your blood and keeps you satisfied and in a fed state.
MPI + MC - Slowly trickles aminos into your system a couple hours later not so much to build muscle, but more or lease to prevent its breakdown.
Chocolate Flavor - Taste good, really nothing else here lol.

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
As for flavor different strokes for different folks, but the premium dutch chocolate or whatever is damn good. So is plain vanilla though.
With the leucine it should theoretically start up the amount of protein turnover or synthesis in your body. I am sure you are getting enough isoleucine and valine that you are not deficient, so extra leucine without the other two will still have benefits. I personally like the idea because look at how you mix will release:

Leucine - gets your body into an anabolic state upon ingestion
WPI + Gemma - Supply complete protein to the body once the leucine has already primed the pump so to speak
MPI + Egg - Keeps the amino levels sustained in your blood and keeps you satisfied and in a fed state.
MPI + MC - Slowly trickles aminos into your system a couple hours later not so much to build muscle, but more or lease to prevent its breakdown.
Chocolate Flavor - Taste good, really nothing else here lol.
excellent its a winner! reps to you ... thanks bro's

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Glad to help, don't forget the code to save a little money. I think you will get pretty solid results with the blend.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have heard leucine requires the other two BCAA's to perform its job; they need to be in a balance...2:1:1
its the other way around, Leucine is the rate limiter, you could ingest 50lbs of valine in a day, but you would only be able to use half of as much as leucine you took in :)

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
its the other way around, Leucine is the rate limiter, you could ingest 50lbs of valine in a day, but you would only be able to use half of as much as leucine you took in :)
ahh i see. thanks for clearing that up for me man.