Awards
  • Established
OK. Current stats:

Height: 5'9"
Weight: 230-235lbs
BF%: 13-15%

Background
:

I just finished a cycle, which is entitles "Pudz's Nuttin but a peanut cycle journal" located in the steroids forum. I was eating upwards of 6,000 calories a day while ON. Fat gain was minimal but hard to distinguish between the test bloat.

Anyway, now that I am off cycle, the water is coming off And I am left with this stubborn layer of adiposity that has stuck with me all except one time I cut to about 10% bf.

Current Goal:

I would like to slowly achieve sub 10% bf levels. My timeframe is now until about may 10th. I would like to be there by then. Obviously this is quite some time, but Since I am not using any anabolics, a sustained cut would serve me best IMO. I do not feel I will need to carb cycle just yet, primarily becuase low carb'ing it at this point could be detrimental to my current post cycle therapy-gains-retention. I am in week 4 of 6 PCT. The IMMEDIATE goal is to get an accurate diet plan for my current body composition. and then modify it by removing ~500 calories from my daily caloric intake and see where that gets me.

I plan on using anabolic steroids again around may 10th, so about 6-8 weeks out from May 10th I would hope to be around 9-10%bf so that when I begin to carb cycle (which will also serve as a PRIME before my next cycle), I can loose those last few % of fat.

Training:

I currently train modified FD/FS (my own version adapted to training around my slight injuries etc).

I train EOD, and as of tomorrow will begin doing 15 minutes HIIT on the non training days.

DIET: HELP NEEDED!

I have never really sat down and got very strict with my diet. I have a bit of loosing LBM O.C.D so whenever I ate "super extra clean" in hopes of loosing some bodyfat...I ended up in a caloric surplus and got no where.

from my calculations I have determined that my daily caloric intake should reside around 4,000 - 4,200 calories.

I took that number and applied the macro split: 55%/30%/15% (C/P/F) which resulted in a total of 620g carbs, 335g protein, and 75g fat total for the day.

I used FitDay - Free Weight Loss and Diet Journal (which is a great service), and came up with the following: SEE ATTACHMENTS

It is a little off, but I did it rather quickly. By the way...the ingredients int he ronzoni pasta are: whole wheat drum flour, semolina flour and flax seed. It is sodium free. ( I may find that brown rice is a better substitute, but i sure do like this pasta.)

Supplements used specific to this plan:

-IGF-1 LR3 10mcg EOD (most of the year)

-pGH (morning/night dosing most of the year)-starting when it arrives

-Albuterol sulfate (starting at 4mg per day pre cardio/training) and assessing tolerance to find optimal dose. Used in a 3-4 weeks ON, 2 weeks OFF fashion

-Xtend: Used pre/during cardio and training to prevent catabolism. also I sometimes sip on it between meals.

-Retain 2/Relora: cycled and used frequently to keep cortisol supressed

-2-3g Vit. C per day for cortisol

-Sesamin oil

I am mainly asking for DIET advice. I have never done a true "cut" I have essentially been lean bulking for a long while. I feel that becuase of my static bf% for these couple of years, my body is relatively resistant to alterations in composition. I would like to achieve sub 10% bf levels so that I can maintain them permanently. I believe that it will be much easier to gauge and put on LBM once quite lean.

any feedback, help, criticism, etc would be extremely appreciated.

Attachments

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I adjusted my calories and foods to be around 4,000. I figure that is a more appropriate number for me to start to see fat loss at a slow managed rate.

Attachments

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
yea...about that: I just wanted to get something on paper... My schedule for the next week or 2 is so hectic that I need to eat only a few things that are easy, and can be made in bulk. This morning I started working on the meal breakdown that I plan to follow until may 10th. I will post when done.

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
Canned green beans are the easiest and you can get no salt ones as well. Open the can and add a little to each of your meals with any meat in it. Bam, good to go.

Also, I would back the carbs back down a little and up the fat. Maybe back carbs down to 450g a day, then up the fat to 90 or 100g a day. Many people will feel bloated on almost 600g of carbos a day!:bb:

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Update

Yea...I found these microwave in bag green beens at the store with no sodium or anything. they are fresh. so I can easily incorporate these into the diet.

I attached a word file with images from fitday.com, unfortunately I couldnt crop the images and put the images as direct attachments this time. Sorry for the inconvenience, but if you guys dont mind , just open the word document to see what my final version looks like.... I think this one will go over better

Attachments

drewh10987

drewh10987

Awards
  • Established
From what I can tell this looks like a great place to start. It's not a huge calorie drop, but thats not what you want anyways. It looks well balanced so I think it's a great spot to start. Just see how this treats you for a week or two and adjust as needed. I feel you will definitely start to see some fat loss with it the way it is between the slight drop in calories and the addition of a little cardio.

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
From what I can tell this looks like a great place to start. It's not a huge calorie drop, but thats not what you want anyways. It looks well balanced so I think it's a great spot to start. Just see how this treats you for a week or two and adjust as needed. I feel you will definitely start to see some fat loss with it the way it is between the slight drop in calories and the addition of a little cardio.
Yea im gonna get all the necessary groceries at the store tonight so as to start this diet promptly tomorrow.

if anyone else has suggestions or corrections to make please do. I am really looking for success with this technique...If I cannot then I may search around and try to work one on one with a nutritionist that deals with athletes and bbers

drewh10987

drewh10987

Awards
  • Established
Do you have a breakdown of your proposed diet meal by meal. That could possibly help people get a better look at things.

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
meal 1:
1 scoop whey
1 scoop casein
1.5 cups oats with cinnamon (no sugar)
1 cup orange juice

meal 2:
1 cup brown rice
.75 cups green beans
5oz chicken breast

meal 3:
2 slices Ezekiel bread
1tbsp crazy richards natty pb
1 medium banana
1 scoop whey
1 scoop casein

meal 4: (1 hour pre WO)
"same as meal 2"

PWO:

1 bottle vitamin water
1 scoop whey protein

meal 5:
"same as meal 3"

meal 6:
"same as meal 2"

meal 7: (pre bed)
1 cup friendship Low fat No salt added cottage cheese

**2tbsp olive oil used as dressing with chicken/rice/greens meals. (meaning 2tbsp total for the day spread evenly across the meals containing the above listed.

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like where i am going, so i will be following along! I agree on lowering the carbs and raising the fat

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
yes im sticking to 40/40/20 and it actually worked out EXACTLY in those proportions when I tweaked everything using fitday.com

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
okay I think that my ~4000 calorie plan is a little too quick of a deficit. I have adjusted it within range of being EXACTLY 40/40/20 and bumped my chicken to 6oz and rice to 1.25c per serving. I will see how this strict regime treats me with the addition of 15min HIIT cardio EOD, and albuterol. I will then taper cals down to 4000 as I loose fat. now I have this:

Attachments

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I have upped the calories to just under 4500. I am seeing visible changes in abdominal definition by the end of 1 week of dieting, BUT towards the end of the week here I feel so BURNT. its friday and I'm supposed to have my cheat meal of 2 "Five Guys" cheesburgers tomorrow, but I feel so burnt out. I can handle the lesser energy but I literally feel very hungry between each meal. I think im just cutting cals back too quickly (probably becuase of the marginal range of accuracy of caloric intake requirement calculations). its all fine tuning. I just feel that if I keep this up I will loose too much mass. Since I have until may to do this, I would like to do it slowly to preserve LBM... We will see what happens whith the extra 250 cals per day.

also my body is getting used to HIIT and albuterol this week. By the end of the week the net metabolic boost from those two things alone is significant enough to make me feel gradually hungrier between meals as the days progress.

anyone think I should up the cals a bit?

Also... I feel that since I MAY have been cutting too many cals per day this week, that I would benefit form a cheat meal today instead of tomorrow. I think that If I wait longer (despite BCAA's between meals...) I will just be too hungry to even fall asleep.

then tomorrow I can get the few extra cals per meal in and I should adjust nicely...

Any thoughts?

Also, what do you guys usually do for a cheat meal? 1 every 7 days?

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
I feel like that sometimes in the beginning even when cals are right, but just a day or 2

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I feel like that sometimes in the beginning even when cals are right, but just a day or 2
I felt VERY burnt, I was having headaches (probably from albuterol), and I was feeling really week.

after one week there was a significant noticeable difference in my abdominal definition. I have decided NOT to use albuterol anymore, to up the cals by like 250 and to diet a little slower since I planned on dieting until may.

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
all things considered, I made some readjustments.

I made it so my two 'high' carb meals are breakfast and post workout. breakfast is about 100 and PWO is about 90. the rest of my meals fall evenly at about 75carbs.

I am eating the same foods however I added 1 cup jasmine white rice with 4tsp brown sugar and some cinammon PWO. I decreased the protein intake to 35% upped carbs to 50% and dropped fats to 15%

i have dieted before and i KNOW that the way I felt after this week was very BAD. I trained 2.5 times for about 35mins each time VERY lightweight lower intenstiy workouts (working around almost healed injuries) and at the end of the week i am over-trained. I am too sore and my stomach doesnt feel right. Even when I eat my meals as scheduled I get an insatiable hunger feeling throughout the day that is not just from a caloric deficit. I know my body well enough to know somethign isnt right. I feel week on top of it all. I think i have been eating too few carbs.....without a doubt.

i will see how this next week goes...its a learning process but its now or never.

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
btw I have noticed something since spending more time in the NUTRITION forum. at the given times i've checked there is usually about 15 people viewing the nutrition forum and 90-100 viewing the steroid forum......shows where peoples priorities are.

ROIDS ARE USELESS WITHOUT FOOD PEOPLE. how about some comments here.. :food:

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
btw I have noticed something since spending more time in the NUTRITION forum. at the given times i've checked there is usually about 15 people viewing the nutrition forum and 90-100 viewing the steroid forum......shows where peoples priorities are.

You've made a break-through. It's not as flashy, but it is the most important part of training.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I still laugh perpetually at the people who post about "bunk batches" of something because they didn't gain anything, but when asked about how many calories a day they were over maintenance can't answer. "I was eating like a horse"

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
thanks guys. I hope this coming week works a bit better with the 50/35/15 breakdown. ill keep updating

sfearl1

sfearl1

Awards
  • Established
all things considered, I made some readjustments.

I made it so my two 'high' carb meals are breakfast and post workout. breakfast is about 100 and PWO is about 90. the rest of my meals fall evenly at about 75carbs.

I am eating the same foods however I added 1 cup jasmine white rice with 4tsp brown sugar and some cinammon PWO. I decreased the protein intake to 35% upped carbs to 50% and dropped fats to 15%

i have dieted before and i KNOW that the way I felt after this week was very BAD. I trained 2.5 times for about 35mins each time VERY lightweight lower intenstiy workouts (working around almost healed injuries) and at the end of the week i am over-trained. I am too sore and my stomach doesnt feel right. Even when I eat my meals as scheduled I get an insatiable hunger feeling throughout the day that is not just from a caloric deficit. I know my body well enough to know somethign isnt right. I feel week on top of it all. I think i have been eating too few carbs.....without a doubt.

i will see how this next week goes...its a learning process but its now or never.
i feel you on the carbs. i cut out 1 cup of oats from my daily intake about three or four days ago and am already feeling weak as hell, and almost hypo mid morning. i gotta have my carbs!

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
yea unless the intentions are going keto, the body needs a good balance. I feel 40/40/20 doesnt work for me.

datBtrue

datBtrue

Awards
  • Established
Here is a good diet from the archives here. It is JBlaze's diet based in part from talks w/ Bobo.

Notice among other things the control the diet has on glucose levels & especially note the tapering off of carbs...this is important no matter whether you are trying to lose fat or recomp.

Bobo - "Hell I'll tell you all the foods I use. Thats easy. Its the way you position meals and calories that is the tricky part for most."

When is the best time to take in fats? - Bobo - "Insulin increases LPL (Lipoprotein Lipase) which in basic terms are responsible for "catching" FFA's (Free Fatty Acids) that are circulting in the blood stream. Once they catch them they are stored as tryglycerides within adipose cells (fat cells). If you have an abundance of glucose circulting, insulin will rise. As a results the body will store excess FFA's into tryglycerides because it senses an abundance of glucose already circultaing (since both are used for energy). That is the extremely basic version."

Heres my [JBlaze] diet with the foods and ratios. Goal is a slow and steady body recomp/extremly lean bulk. If i stop seeing progress here, i will up the calories another 200, but for now i think it looks good like this.

8:00: 22g Protein, 43g Carbs, 1g Fat-Go lean cereal w/ skim milk

9:30: 16g Protein, 21g Carbs, 11g Fat-Oatmeal + 2 eggs

12:15: 72g Protein, 52g Carbs, 9g Fat-Bobo's secret food #1

1:30: Workout

2:30: 50g Protein, 75g Carbs, 0g fat-Shake w/ creatine

3:45: 16g Protein, 36g Carbs, 4g Fat-Sandwich w/ mustard and 2 pieces of lean ham

5:15: 50g Protein, 4g Carbs, 10g Fat-True protein shake w/ 1/2 serving flax

7:00: 73g Protein, 0g carbs, 8g Fat-Bobo's secret food #2

9:00: 46g Protein, 0g Carbs, 8g Fat-Chicken breast

11:00: 50g Protein, 4g Carbs, 16g Fat-True Protein shake w/ flax

Totals:
Calories: 3170
Protein: 394g (50%)
Carbs: 237g (30%)
Fat: 70g (20%)​

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/weight-loss/18503-my-new-improved.html

datBtrue

datBtrue

Awards
  • Established
Bobo a few years back posted a good article entitled "The Hormonal Response to Food" see:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/news-articles/18879-hormonal-response-food.html

I like the concluding paragraph:

What we need instead is to eat food that raises blood sugar slowly, takes it to a comfortable level and keeps it there for a long time. We need our blood sugar and our corresponding insulin levels to behave more like a gentle lake than the Atlantic Ocean during hurricane season. And we need food and supplements that provide all the materials to keep our metabolism humming along efficiently and productively. In short, we need food, supplements and exercise in just the right amounts to turn our bodies into lean, mean, fat-burning machines.​

pudzian2

Banned
Awards
  • Established
agreed. I am considering manipulating my carbs so that they taper off by the end of the day. Right now I just have the GI load tapering off, not the actual quantity. At the moment I have the total quantity of carbs constant until the last meal which is cottage cheese so only a few carbs.

one thing with higher carbs in the morning...assuming they are controlled high fiber complex carbohydrates, does it not stand to reason that bobo's lake metaphor would be disregarded? considering there is more of a smooth wave of carbs in the earlier half of the day and it settles towards 0 at night. any thoughts?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
SemiBulimic MMA 15
MMA 14
Sports Talk 12
Doogsy123 MMA 55
VolcomX311 MMA 30