diet help for morning lifter

Wichard20

Awards
Hey All,

The hardest obstacle so far has been getting a good diet down. I recently just started working out early in the morning (lifting monday, wensday, friday) with cardio (tuesday/thursday)

I wake up around 5am, eat/drink what I need to, be at the gym 6am.

Below is the diet which is pretty close to my macros 40/40/20

Meal 1 (Preworkout)
1 bananna
1 cup oats
1 cup milk
2 scoops whey/casein mixed with shock therapy (~40g protein)

During Workout - XTEND

Meal 2 (Postworkout)
6 eggs (3 white, 3 whole)
1 cup oats
1 cut milk
2 Fish Oil
Storm

Meal 3
2 scoops whey/casein (~40g protein)
2 slices whole wheat PB
2 TB Natural PB

Meal 4
Chicken Breast
random veggie

Meal 5
Alternate between can of tuna / lean red meat
sweet potatoe

Meal 6
2 scoops whey/casein (~40g protein)
2 TB Natural PB
2 Fish Oil

Numbers come out to 300g protein, 292g carbs, 57g Fat...overall 2800 Calories

I am 6'4, weighing about 250. I say my bf is around ~21. a BMR calculator gives me 2400 with a DEE of 3846 (M-F) I am looking to cut down some but my primary goal is strength

Is my diet looking ok? Any suggesstions, should I be taking in more protein? Not sure if I have repping power, but will rep if I can

E J

E J

Awards
  • Established
Personally I would substitute the meal 6 casein with light cottage cheese and if possible add some food protein for meal 3. I don't like taking to much powder protein and I beleive the more whole foods you eat the more it boosts your metabolism.

Are you taking any other supps? are you counting the calories in Xtend?

Good luck please let me know how it turns out I lift in the mornings too and I might copy your diet :lol:

Wichard20

Awards
Personally I would substitute the meal 6 casein with light cottage cheese and if possible add some food protein for meal 3. I don't like taking to much powder protein and I beleive the more whole foods you eat the more it boosts your metabolism.

Are you taking any other supps? are you counting the calories in Xtend?

Good luck please let me know how it turns out I lift in the mornings too and I might copy your diet :lol:
Diet looks good to me.

thanks for the tips, unfortunately me and cottage cheese do not get along. I agree about working more whole foods in. For Xtend, I am not aware of any carbs. The label specifies none and from the quick search I did I could not find any information. For other suppliments I take a multi, cissus+animal flex to help with joints (not sure if its working but cannot hurt), q10 (mainly cause I heard its suppose to be good for gum health). For workout suppliments I just try to stick with what been proven over and over again to work which is protein/creatine. I know there is a lot of other great products out there but I been happy with just protein and creatine. Shock Therapy I like just because it helps with waking up :head: I am on the fence about supplimenting with XTEND, I figure from all the raves and plus with the cardio I do, it would not hurt. I will def let you know how it goes, just by switching to the morning has been a good improvement.

crader - thanks for taking a look

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Extend is fine to use. Its a good product and will aid you in keeping muscle while you cut. Check the scivation forum. The guys there all compete and they mega dose Extend.

E J

E J

Awards
  • Established
I guess XTEND could help prevent catabolism for cardio. Are you gonna do Cardio pre or post WO. How long?
When asking about XTEND calories I meant (I'm not really sure about this but here it goes) XTEND = BCAA's, once ingested they form proteins right? shouldn't that count into your macros?

Anyway, good luck and please keep us posted!

Wichard20

Awards
I guess XTEND could help prevent catabolism for cardio. Are you gonna do Cardio pre or post WO. How long?
When asking about XTEND calories I meant (I'm not really sure about this but here it goes) XTEND = BCAA's, once ingested they form proteins right? shouldn't that count into your macros?

Anyway, good luck and please keep us posted!

If I could find any information on Xtend I would include it in my macros. The only post I could find is someone said each scoop has a very low amount of calories, and 4 scoops is only like 14 calories. But someone in the same thread said there are no calories, so I am a little confused. I will try searching the scivation forum and see if I can get some more info.

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
If you wanted to count the cals in xtend, they 4cals/gram - just like protein.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I asked Matt about the calories in Extend and he says there are no calories in it. He said there are no carb sources in it. So you do not need to factor it in. He used to work at Scivation so he would know.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I asked Matt about the calories in Extend and he says there are no calories in it. He said there are no carb sources in it. So you do not need to factor it in. He used to work at Scivation so he would know.
This can be a confusing thing, but I believe AB is right. BCAA's in general contain 4-5kcal depending on ratios. Some are listed as 4kcals/gr and others are listed as 5kcal/gr. It's all based on the ratio of glucogenic, ketogenic, or glucoketogenic amino acid i.e. Leucin, Valine, and Isoleucine.

All can be used as a form of energy source if in a calorie depletion, so they have to contain energy.:D