boiled eggs - AnabolicMinds.com

boiled eggs

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

boiled eggs

Any tips for getting the shell off? Sometimes they come off easy in one piece and othertimes I spend fifteen minutes trying to get all the little pieces of shell off. Am I cooking them too long or too little?

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

Sounds like you might be cooking too long? I dont know. How do you cook them?

I put my eggs in to where the water just covers the top of the eggs, bring it to a boil on a med-hi temp. As soon as it gets a good boil going, then turn off the heat and let them sit on the burner for 10-12 minutes. At that time I run them under cold water in the pot and let them sit in cold water for about 15 minutes. Come out of the shells great and theyre more of a soft boiled egg, where the yolk isnt as dry and chalky. Love em that way.
  3. Advanced Member

boil eggs for 12 minutes after the water comes to a boil. Then let them chill. Store in the fridge and before getting the shell off crack and roll them to lossen the shell. Comes right off
    •   

4. Senior Member

agree with what ripped said. but also, i kinda toss the boiled egg at the edge of the counter to crack it a little harder then normal, and the egg white normally tars a little to but i do it because under the shell theses that thin membrane witch is what makes pealing such a *****, doing it this way helps break the membrane right away. another thing that really helps is pealing the egg under running water.
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.

Boiling take too long, just crack it and toss it in your PWO shake
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.

Nother trick is to crack it on the very top and very bottom, instead of around the belt line...
  7. New Member

nice info in this thread
  8. New Member

I add the eggs to a pot of boiling water for about 15 minutes, then I place them in a big serving bowl filled with a lot of ice water. After 7-10 minutes in the ice water I transfer them to the fridge. The shells always come off easy this way.
  9. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Cover the eggs with water, bring to a boil. Boil for 10 minutes only. Place pot under cold running water in the sink for about 2-3 minutes. Crack eggs on the bottom, the "rounder" part and peel from that area while holding the egg under running water.
  10. Senior Member

I'm a bit confused at the "put em in the fridge part".

Are you storing them in the fridge, and then cracking off the shells when you want to eat them, or must you let them sit in the fridge for some time before consumption.

Also, how long can you store cooked eggs? I'd probably want to do this once every few days, rather than every morning/evening.
  11. Senior Member

i made some boiled eggs earlier this afternoon and figured out a new technique that worked really well. i just put them in water, turned it on and brought it to a boil for about 7min then took them off the stove and put the pot into the sink and ran cold water into the pot for a few minutes and let them chill for a few, thats not the important part though. normally i will just let them cool for like 10min in cool water but i forgot to take them out and put them in the fridge, so i just left them in the water while i went to class and did a whole bunch of other stuff, anyways by the time i took them out of the water it was probably 4 hours later and when i peeled them the shells just fell of because the water got in between the shell and the egg via the hair line fractures on the shell which made peeling a breeze. ha thats a long description just for a egg peeling technique lol.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Are hard boiled eggs unhealthy?
    By healthychaser in forum Recipes
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 09-13-2014, 05:01 PM
  2. Boiled Eggs
    By Sketch2000 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-19-2014, 06:09 PM
  3. Hard Boiled, scrambled, egg white mix?
    By ceaston in forum Recipes
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-03-2012, 04:39 AM
  4. Hard boiled egges in a blender?
    By Harry Manback in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-24-2009, 11:05 PM
  5. Prepping hard boiled eggs without the shell sticking....
    By good_guye28 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-25-2004, 07:35 AM