Good fats

1. Registered User
    Answers

Good fats

I am a lean guy who in the past had no trouble gaining muscle. My problem was keeping enough fat in my diet to burn.

I am looking for good fats that I can take and also how much is too much of these good fats. Am I going to throw anything out if I have too much of one type of fat and not enough of the other? I definately need to supplement them because i have always had real trouble getting enough through diet alone, and I have a super fast metabolism.

I have been told im allergic to eggs and dairy which makes it difficult. I will go back on these if I have to because im not sure that going off them makes me feel any better. So in the past I have always mixed my shakes with milk, so can i just mix it with water and some kind of good fat? Im thinking of a shake with carbs and protein and lots of other goodies, but i will add some more carbs too. The fat is my biggest concern.

I want to keep my liver healthy and easy digestion if I can and ive been told a lot of milk is not a good idea.

Any help would be appreciated....

2. Registered User
    Answers

Good fats are pretty easy to find. Almonds, natural PB, fish oil, olive oil, and evening primrose/borage oil are some of my favorites.
  3. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'7"  270 lbs.
    Answers

fish oil caps are a staple for me.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Answers

Adding macademia nut oil (has a better profile even than EVOO) to protein shakes is a great way to get good oils.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.
    Answers

Some natural PB mixed with some chocolate whey....taste like reeses pieces son!
    Armed to the teeth.
  6. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Avocados, nuts/seeds, hell moderately lean cuts of beef are a great idea.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  7. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jaydee View Post
    I am a lean guy who in the past had no trouble gaining muscle. My problem was keeping enough fat in my diet to burn.

I am looking for good fats that I can take and also how much is too much of these good fats. Am I going to throw anything out if I have too much of one type of fat and not enough of the other? I definately need to supplement them because i have always had real trouble getting enough through diet alone, and I have a super fast metabolism.

I have been told im allergic to eggs and dairy which makes it difficult. I will go back on these if I have to because im not sure that going off them makes me feel any better. So in the past I have always mixed my shakes with milk, so can i just mix it with water and some kind of good fat? Im thinking of a shake with carbs and protein and lots of other goodies, but i will add some more carbs too. The fat is my biggest concern.

I want to keep my liver healthy and easy digestion if I can and ive been told a lot of milk is not a good idea.

Any help would be appreciated....
    How much fat depends on your diet, and goals. If a maintenance diet you probrably want 20% of your caloric intake to be fat. If your on some variation of a low carb diet it could be much more. My general rule is anything that is not deep fried or does not contain hydrogenated vegetable oil is a good fat. You want to avoid large quantities saturated and transfat, while comsuming poly and monounsaturated fats. Sources:Flax, EVOO, nuts and seeds, cheeses and dairy, leaner meats ect.
  8. Registered User
    Answers

U can get it at your local vitamin shoppe or dps (cheaper), i wish nutra carried it

Now Flax Caps

Get this at Nutra

Healthy PB from Wal-Mart, high in omegas

VPX Zero Impact bars have alot of good fats in them as well
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. would this be a good fat burning stack??
    By apron in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-06-2006, 02:36 PM
  2. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 04-05-2006, 02:57 PM
  3. good fat burner
    By BLANE in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-28-2005, 01:17 PM
  4. Good Fat-loss Article
    By Jag in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 1