Good fats

1. Good fats

I am a lean guy who in the past had no trouble gaining muscle. My problem was keeping enough fat in my diet to burn.

I am looking for good fats that I can take and also how much is too much of these good fats. Am I going to throw anything out if I have too much of one type of fat and not enough of the other? I definately need to supplement them because i have always had real trouble getting enough through diet alone, and I have a super fast metabolism.

I have been told im allergic to eggs and dairy which makes it difficult. I will go back on these if I have to because im not sure that going off them makes me feel any better. So in the past I have always mixed my shakes with milk, so can i just mix it with water and some kind of good fat? Im thinking of a shake with carbs and protein and lots of other goodies, but i will add some more carbs too. The fat is my biggest concern.

I want to keep my liver healthy and easy digestion if I can and ive been told a lot of milk is not a good idea.

Any help would be appreciated....

2. Good fats are pretty easy to find. Almonds, natural PB, fish oil, olive oil, and evening primrose/borage oil are some of my favorites.
  3. tattoopierced1

fish oil caps are a staple for me.
    •   

4. Adding macademia nut oil (has a better profile even than EVOO) to protein shakes is a great way to get good oils.

5. Some natural PB mixed with some chocolate whey....taste like reeses pieces son!
    Armed to the teeth.

6. Avocados, nuts/seeds, hell moderately lean cuts of beef are a great idea.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

7. Quote Originally Posted by jaydee View Post
    I am a lean guy who in the past had no trouble gaining muscle. My problem was keeping enough fat in my diet to burn.

I am looking for good fats that I can take and also how much is too much of these good fats. Am I going to throw anything out if I have too much of one type of fat and not enough of the other? I definately need to supplement them because i have always had real trouble getting enough through diet alone, and I have a super fast metabolism.

I have been told im allergic to eggs and dairy which makes it difficult. I will go back on these if I have to because im not sure that going off them makes me feel any better. So in the past I have always mixed my shakes with milk, so can i just mix it with water and some kind of good fat? Im thinking of a shake with carbs and protein and lots of other goodies, but i will add some more carbs too. The fat is my biggest concern.

I want to keep my liver healthy and easy digestion if I can and ive been told a lot of milk is not a good idea.

Any help would be appreciated....
    How much fat depends on your diet, and goals. If a maintenance diet you probrably want 20% of your caloric intake to be fat. If your on some variation of a low carb diet it could be much more. My general rule is anything that is not deep fried or does not contain hydrogenated vegetable oil is a good fat. You want to avoid large quantities saturated and transfat, while comsuming poly and monounsaturated fats. Sources:Flax, EVOO, nuts and seeds, cheeses and dairy, leaner meats ect.

Similar Forum Threads

1. would this be a good fat burning stack??
    By apron in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-06-2006, 03:36 PM
  2. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 04-05-2006, 03:57 PM
  3. good fat burner
    By BLANE in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-28-2005, 02:17 PM
  4. Good Fat-loss Article
    By Jag in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 1