Help w/ new skin care regimen!

bassgod272

Awards
  • Established
Ok, to start, i'm 22yrs old and live in AZ. I only state my location because it is DRY out here ESPECIALLY during the winter. Due to this, my skin gets dried out very easily when I use any facial products. I just recently finished an Epistane pulse cycle and am doing a mild post cycle therapy of MassFX, powerFULL, and Drive. Ever since mid cycle, I have been getting some mild facial and back acne. I hate it! LOL. I have been using the OTC generic proactiv solution kit in the morning after a shower and at night along with java soap. I LOVE the java btw. I also use cetaphil to moisturize when needed. My face will be perfectly clear and i'll have that "i'm a stud" menatality all day one day. A few days later I'll wake up and BAM! a few pimples have appeared literally overnight! Since I don't have bad acne, these few seem to stick out and I can't stand it anymore. Oh, I forgot, I also always shower after the gym. The problem is, this cycle keeps happening. I thought it was just the hormonal fluctuation due to the pulse style of my cycle, but I am about a week into post cycle therapy and this is still happening. ANY thoughts as to what I'm doing wrong or what can be changed to make this problem go away? I was thinking maybe some bulk B-5 from Nutra? ANY thoughts/suggestions would be appreciated. I'm a CPhT and deal very closely with the public on a daily basis (around 500 people to be exact), that's why this bothers me so much.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
from an educated guess, and experience, I'd say a week isn't long enough for any hormonal fluctuations to subside...if that's your thinking of why. that's the short answer, but I can go into detail...using my treo phone right now tho-a b&tch to type on.

dadream

dadream

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like you are very hygenic so I would rule any issues in that category out. It seems like it is due to the hormone fluctuations which is common when doing a cycle and all the way through pct. Give your body time to return to homeostasis and it should subside. Until then keep up the steamy showers which will open up the pores and let them breathe then at the end a cold blast to close the pores up to try and prevent oil/dirt clogging them up later. Try it out it may help.

bassgod272

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like you are very hygenic so I would rule any issues in that category out. It seems like it is due to the hormone fluctuations which is common when doing a cycle and all the way through post cycle therapy. Give your body time to return to homeostasis and it should subside. Until then keep up the steamy showers which will open up the pores and let them breathe then at the end a cold blast to close the pores up to try and prevent oil/dirt clogging them up later. Try it out it may help.
I also forgot to mention i've been dealing with acne since i was a teenager. I assumed it would go away as i get older, but it def hasn't. It is just much worse now after the cycle. Normally i'd get a few faint red spots here n there and they'd get cleared up in a few days with the otc generic proactiv stuff. Now i'll get big red spots that are VERY noticeable and the otc stuff helps and so does java, but the java dies out my skin really bad and so does the face wash. So I use cetahil as a moisturizer. I thnk the moisturizer may not be helping because it makes my skin pretty oily later on in the day. My skin is either oily or WAY too dry to the point where it looks like i drooled all over myself and it dried there, LOL I don't know what to do and it SUCKS! I'm sure the hormonal fluctuations have a part in it, but I think i'm doing something wrong. Maybe pick up some B5 from nutra and get a different moisturizer? Or maybe use a different soap in the shower? ANY soap i've used dries my skin out hardcore. I have EXTREMELY sensitive skin. Any ideas??

dlew308

dlew308

Awards
  • Established
Nozema works well, i have dry and oily skin and psoriasis.
Cetaphil is pretty good for keeping skin moist. Talk to your dermatologist, maybe get some fancy samples :)

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
Maybe try the flawless in conjunction with the Java. Get in some good exfoliation as well as showering regularly.

You need to Moisturise after you use soap to cleanse mate.
And just wait that over time the acne will pass.
I'm not sure what you guys have over there, but a spot treatment gel with salicylic acid on your blemishes might help to dry them out without drying out the rest of your face.

bassgod272

Awards
  • Established
Maybe try the flawless in conjunction with the Java. Get in some good exfoliation as well as showering regularly.

You need to Moisturise after you use soap to cleanse mate.
And just wait that over time the acne will pass.
I'm not sure what you guys have over there, but a spot treatment gel with salicylic acid on your blemishes might help to dry them out without drying out the rest of your face.
Hmmm, I was actually going to get some flawless but Nutra was OOS last time I checked. I'll check again and see. I DO moisturize, but my moisturizer of choice may be a bit much, I don't know for sure. It's called cetaphil, ever heard of or used it? It works EXTREMELY well, but I think it may be OVER moisturizing my skin and I don't even rub that much on because I dont need to. I use that generic proactiv face wash kit and it has 2.25% benzoyl peroxide in it's purifying cleanser. A toner with a bunch of ingredients, to many to list. It also has a repair lotion which is is 3.7% extended release benzoyl peroxide. Shoot, lol, I thought it had salicylic acid in it. Looks like i'll have to buy some now.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My wife got the Proactiv and didn't get ANY results from it. I think there is a house brand at Walmart that was a little bit more effective.

A combo of acne treatment, Java L, and Flawless should leave your skin clean, clear, and smooth.

lbarber

lbarber

Awards
  • Established
Look into Fresh Umbrian Clay Mask...

Anyways, Neosporin works pretty well...

My regimen is kind of expensive and a bit out there, but I like the products...

Paula's Choice Ultra-Light Weightless Finish SPF 30 Sunscreen Spray

Paula's Choice HydraLight Moisture-Infusing Lotion

Decleor Instant Purifying Mask

RareMinerals Face Wash/Clarisonic Face Wash

Clarisonic Skin Brush/Some Exfoliant Skin brush...

Murad Sulphur Spot Treatment works pretty well, too...

A bit excessive for a guy, but s***, clear skin is highly important to me, considering what my skin used to look like at one point in time...

Carrot Juice is pretty damn effective... You might consider going that route...

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I believe in taking care of myself, in a
balanced diet, in a rigorous exercise routine. In the
morning, if my face is a little puffy, I'll put on an ice
pack while doing my stomach crunches. I can do a thousand
now.

After I remove the icepack, I use a deep
pore-cleanser lotion. In the shower, I use a
water-activated gel cleanser, then a honey-almond body
scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub.

Then I apply an herb mint facial masque which
I leave on for ten minutes while I prepare the rest of my
routine.

I always use an after-shave lotion with little
or no alcohol because alcohol dries your face out and makes
you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye
balm, followed by a final moisturizing "protective" lotion...

lbarber

lbarber

Awards
  • Established
now.

routine.

LMAO, I remember reading that! If it helps, it takes me about 10 minutes to get ready (shower/everything)... But I wear a yankees hat to work, so yeah, that's without combing hair... With hair, about 11-12 minutes... haha, alright, well, umm, I am clearly ashamed right now, but luckily the reactions I get from people comfort me... (no emo)...

Urban Monk

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
No RPN products in this regime?

now.

routine.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

bassgod272

Awards
  • Established
RPN makes chainsaws for people like Patrick Bateman.
So you're not recommending java and flawless? LOL. That wal-mart house brand of proactiv is what i have. I NEVER go to wal-mart because the place is literally evil. I did buy the same brand they have there, but got it at WalGREEN'S :) It's called AcneFree. It works fairly well. I just recevied my b5 from Nutra, so i'm hoping that will help more too.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
acnefree...that''s the one !

I would do Java Lather, Flawless and acne free.

bassgod272

Awards
  • Established
acnefree...that''s the one !

I would do Java Lather, Flawless and acne free.
Ight, i'm already using the java, acnefree, and just started b5 yesterday. I will pick up some flawless :)

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ight, i'm already using the java, acnefree, and just started b5 yesterday. I will pick up some flawless :)
Let me know your results. :)

lbarber

lbarber

Awards
  • Established
I used this today as a face wash... Jason's Biotin Conditioner... Skin felt really smooth and clean... I'll update if things continue to go well as this could be extremely cheap alternative to a lot of other face washes that are available...

The stuff costs about 3.99, or somewhere within that price range...