anabolic diet confusion - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 3

anabolic diet confusion

Page 3 of 3 First 123
  1. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by scotty2 View Post
    Ummm, I could still use a little help. OK, so, technically, I'm on the "Metabolic Diet" apparently. I did everything textbook for awhile. Only thing, I started at X 15 instead of X 18.(5000+ cals was obscene).
    This may be to blame for the slow response. Metabolism is a funny thing. By limiting the calories at the start your body is in a sense dieting. Until it adjust to that intake it is going to fight to hold on to what it already has by slowing down the metabolism. If you are starting to see results stick to the book, it is working.
    You want to see slow steady results and then make adjustments when they stop. One problem a lot of people have with dieting is they make adjustments too fast and have their metabolism all out of whack. Plus drastic changes too fast are going to cause you to lose an increased amount of muscle, therefor slowing your metabolism down and requiring more reductions in calories and starting the viscious cycle that just keeps going.
    Good luck with the diet!

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  170 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil5585 View Post
    Poliquin uses one cheat meal to get fat people lean. He uses it because it produces RESULTS, and RESULTS better than doing 2 cheat days. Maybe you're in denial about that. He goes off of RESULTS based on his EXPERIENCE working with athletes, bodybuilders, and even more regular types.
    I may be wrong, and I dont want to get into a pissing match, but is it an actual cheat day or a carb up?
    Also keep in mind that Poliquin is working with people on an individual basis. I addition to working their diet they also have user specific routines. That is something you will never get out of a book.
  3. Senior Member

Quick update......Strength has pretty much stayed static. Pretty close to zero loss in strength I would say. weight has come down to about 270-272 somewhere in there. Waist has come down 5". Slow as sh1t, but results are there. Guess I'll just stay on as long as necessary. Calories are all the way down to 2200/day. Carb-ups are only one day(12-14 hours)
    •   

4. Senior Member

Another update for anyone interested. Well, 8 months is a long time. I'm down to 250. 8" off the waist. Caloric intake down to 1900/day. Changed my workout over to a more hypertrophy focused routine, so, can't say for certain about the strength loss, but, I would say it's minimal. Started recreate/DCP stack on Monday. If anyone is interested in the results, I'd be more than happy to post. Anyway, this diet DOES work, just not used to being on a diet this long. This week is week 36, lost 41lbs. So, I guess I'm right on track. If no further interest, I'll post my end results with a pic perhaps.
  5. JDF
    Advanced Member

WoW - sick results and congrats!!!!
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Yes, very nice results!
  7. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Hey Scotty, hope you don't mind that I quoted you over in this thread where we have been discussing the anabolic diet recently. I think people will be interested in reading about your results.

CK/Anabolic Diet mega thread
  8. Senior Member

no prob, even posted an addendum
  9. Senior Member

OK, through 38 weeks. Down to 246. About 9" in waist. Here is my daily supplementation:

Recreate X3
    DCP X7
    Primordial CLA EE X8
    NP fish oil X10
    (adding NP green tea when I receieve it) X3

comments and/or suggestions
  10. Registered User

Good job so far. You should be congratulated for your vigilance.

I know it seems odd to be on a diet for as long as you have, however, the best results are achieved when eating like this turns into a lifestyle rather than a short-term diet.

Once you get down to something you are comfortable with, I hope you continue to update us with your results bulking with this diet.

IMO, that is when this program begins to border on the miraculous.
  11. Senior Member

As of 10/25(41 weeks) down to 240.5 and just about 10" on waist. Strength has taken a hit. Trying to rationalize that mentally as just a leverage thing from having lost 50lbs. I'm a little discouraged by the supplementation, all those supps and the fat loss is not really much faster than without it. Really just looking forward to getting done with this so I can shift focus to putting some back on.
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.

I don't have the metabolism for a low carb diet to work. I burn of so much I need a high carb diet.

13. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  217 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by steelhorse View Post
    I don't have the metabolism for a low carb diet to work. I burn of so much I need a high carb diet.

Burn of so much what?
  14. Senior Member

I'm about to start week 52 of this journey. For the record, there has been no cheating(some crappy carb-ups indeed). Went on vacation twice over the duration of the diet(planned non dieting not cheating). My last vacation in early November for 12 days of no dieting saw me gain 22lbs.(roughly 17lbs. of water). Anyway, took me nearly 8 weeks to get back to where I was prior to vacation. This diet is puzzling like that sometimes. I've come all the way down to 1600 ca;s/day average. Still, no real effect on strength. However, scale and/or tape not really responding, or responding very slowly. Started HIIT couple weeks ago, seems to be making a difference. I'm open for comments/suggestions. Just trying to see this thing through. BTW, down to 236 now, 11" on waist.
  15. Senior Member

Forgot all about this thread, figured I would update, for anyone still interested. Still on the diet, still at 1600 /day. My % of fat consumed has come down to about 29%. Down to 213 as of last Friday morning. Tape has me at about 14.5" down in the waist. Strength has still maintained believe it or not. Think I'm in the homestretch here, vascularity has increased. Starting eviscerate with flawless to draw out the bottom 2 abs.
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.

Forgot all about this thread, figured I would update, for anyone still interested. Still on the diet, still at 1600 /day. My % of fat consumed has come down to about 29%. Down to 213 as of last Friday morning. Tape has me at about 14.5" down in the waist. Strength has still maintained believe it or not. Think I'm in the homestretch here, vascularity has increased. Starting eviscerate with flawless to draw out the bottom 2 abs.
    Good job! How many total pounds have you lost? I'm glad you stuck with it since most people wouldn't have that much discipline. Also what is your target weight goal? At some point, you are going to have to help your body maintain that. I don't know if you will be able to maintain on 1600 cals a day forever. When you start to add them back after reaching your goal, make sure you do it slowly. 200 or 300 a day for couple weeks, then 200 more for a couple weeks. If you go back to "normal" eating you will rebound too hard, like on your vacation. Your body will adapt to staying the lower weight and you should be able to stay lighter permanantly.
  17. Senior Member

Lost over 80lbs. No real weight goal, just trying to rid myself of this last bit of fat. I agree with you, my plan for bulking is to add ony a couple hundred cals/week until the goal is reached. First thing is to reinstate the 2 day carb up before anything else.
  18. UKStrength

That's incredible mate Good job. Make sure you let everyone know how your flawless run goes in the contest prep section, there's a load of us wanting feedback on that product for stretchmark treatment. Thanks boss.
  19. New Member
    Stats
    5'3"  122 lbs.

You said you're down to 1600/day - are you doing any calorie shifting throughout the week or just keeping it at 1600 a day period? Maybe the calorie shifting throughout the week could help along with a mix of the HIIT and increased NEAT?
  20. Senior Member

Calories are cycled and average out to 1600/day. My carb day can go as high as 4000 cals. So, if you factor in that day.........you could say I average close to 2000 cals/day. I've dropped under 210(about 209.5), so, I have cut my cardio back just a bit, as I am beginning to look leaner. This eviscerate may actually be working. I also just started taking LIPO 6 BLACK on monday. We'll see.
  21. Senior Member

Sorry to dig up such an old thread, but, I found it to be relevant. Marriage, kid and some injuries(2 herniated discs, separated shoulder) have contributed to me getting fat again. Forgot how slow the diet is in the beginning. So much so that I PMd Tbone to express my frustration. Found this thread and felt much better. 3 months so far and very modest results. Just thought some new readers using this diet and getting frustrated might find this useful.
  22. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  186 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

The anabolic diet has been updated to the metabolic diet you may have more luck finding recent threads along those lines.
    Olympus Labs DemiGod And Rep ~ http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/253076-spaniards-coliseum-featuring.html~http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/220023-valdez-goes-back-29.html
  23. Senior Member

Thanks, Valdez. The metabolic diet is the actual diet discussed in this thread as it is the book I have and followed.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Anabolic diet
    By New Body in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 05-09-2007, 09:43 PM
  2. Getting off anabolic diet - with anabolic pump's help
    By dertynasty in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-09-2007, 04:15 PM
  3. The Anabolic Diet?
    By blahblah192 in forum Weight Loss