pain killers

GRIFF1966

GRIFF1966

Awards
i broke my back in 3 places,shattered my right hip and pelvic bone and most of my ribs in car wreck when i was 19. I still train hard and stay in good shape but hurt quite a bit.Ihave cool ass ortopedic surgen that hooks me up vicoden. Does this do any harm to my supplements or training?

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i broke my back in 3 places,shattered my right hip and pelvic bone and most of my ribs in car wreck when i was 19. I still train hard and stay in good shape but hurt quite a bit.Ihave cool ass ortopedic surgen that hooks me up vicoden. Does this do any harm to my supplements or training?
What type of supplements are you taking?

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
Vicodin has a lot of tylenol in it. Reg.-500mg, ES-750mg. If your considering running something hormonal, you would be running two highly liver toxic agents.

GRIFF1966

GRIFF1966

Awards
i use BSN products: no-explode, cell mass, nitrix and atro phex with glucosumine and a multi.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Vicodin has a lot of tylenol in it. Reg.-500mg, ES-750mg. If your considering running something hormonal, you would be running two highly liver toxic agents.
True, but they can easily be adjusted with a less acetaminophen content for given situations of long term use though.

matthew76

matthew76

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You can get it pure - trust me. 4 reconstructive ACL/MCL surgeries in 3 months, I know a little about it.

Sucks!

Schism

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Griff, your not alone man.
When I was 19 (about 8 years ago) I also got in a bad@ss car wreck. While my injures pail in comparison to yours (I walked away with a shattered rotator cuff) I to lift and live in pain. And yes PK's are just a part of life some times. While Tylenol can be toxic in the liver and is included in most PK's there are many other meds that contain less or no Tylenol in them. I personally I take pure oxycodone (percocet) because it doesn't contain any Tylenol.
So if your going to be using these drugs long term there are defiantly other options you can discuss with your doctor if this is of concern for you. It sure as hell was for me, Fcuk Acetaminophen!! There are much better ways to destroy your liver IMO!!! lol