Anabolic diet/keto a good diet for me?

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Registered User

The reason I asked is because I believe in bodyopus he has you carb refeeding immediately after the friday workout. He even does some odd "glycogen depletion" workout on friday, with high reps low weight. I kind of prefer the saturday to sunday refeed with the idea it builds glycogen reserves for the weeks workouts, but bodyopus had some interesting thoughts on the matter (glycogen supersaturation?).

This is where I read about that:
    Quote Originally Posted by B5150 View Post
    Lyle McDonald BodyOpus Pages

Lyle McDonald did a week by week (even blow by blow) report of a twenty week BodyOpus experience.
    He originally posted them on misc.fitness.weights. They are here

He also summarized them in a FAQ

And he has written a technical paper about Cyclical Ketogenic Diets Part 1 Part 2 Part 3

Lyle's bodyfat measurement instructions

I started my refeed saturday night, and finished sunday night. I'm slightly fat, probably 14-17% BF as a guess. I have plenty of pictures in logs floating around.

Todays energy levels at the gym were through the roof, and I crushed some PRs. I hope this is a trend!

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  230 lbs.

There's far more to carb refeeds than glycogen storage. It's part of a whole anabolic cascade of hormones and boosting of metabolism.

Has anyone ever noticed on a cut, you cheat eating all kinds of **** for a day, then within a week you've dropped quite a bit of fat? I'm honestly not up on all the exact hormonal cascades, but I know insulin, growth hormone (yes at the same time as insulin in this case), leptin, protein synthesis, glycogen supercompensation, intramuscular triglycerides, etc. I think it's a mistake to base it all around glycogen storage. I personally find carb loads to be more productive on off days from the gym.
  3. Registered User

My math may be messed up here, but when you guys are saying 36 hour carb loads (like in Botch's example) and it goes from say 9 a.m. Saturday and then to 9 p.m. Sunday isn't that 24 hours? So that is a two day carb-up or are you basically going by days and a 24 hour carb-up would just be Saturday? Forgive me if that is a stupid question as I'm still fairly new at this.
    •   

4. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  191 lbs.

9am sat-9am sunday is 24gr add 12hrs to that and go til 9pm sunday then you get 36, like Botch was talking about
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  5. Registered User

Ah, my math did stink. I just worked that out in my head also. One more question for anyone. Do you shoot for a certain amount of carbs on weekends? I have been going over by 250 calories from my week day cals and switching ratios around like stated in the book.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. what is a good weight for me to bulk too?
    By mkretz in forum Bulking
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-15-2012, 08:06 PM
  2. Is There A Good Supplement For Me To Use
    By BigbadJ in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-19-2012, 09:51 AM
  3. Is this a good workout for me?
    By xpin2winx in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-15-2009, 08:42 PM
  4. Ragnarok, good choice for me?