New member, hows my diet looking?

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.83%

New member, hows my diet looking?

First I'd like to say how thankful I am that there is so much information on this forum. I joined a few weeks ago and did a lot of research on a lot of topics. The sticky's at the top of this forum were incredibly helpful.

With that aside, here's a little about me and where I'm trying to go with my body. I'm 24, 5'9" tall, weigh 167, and the only system I have to measure BF% here at work is via bioelectrical impedence (not the most accuate I know), it currently shows me at about 10%. I'll get some pics up maybe later. I do HIIT training 5 days / week for 40minutes each time. I also lift 3-4 days / week. In addition to that I'm a black belt in taekwondo and workout at the school 3 days / week for 45 mins. All in all I'm in good shape IMO.

I'm pretty active and my workouts are in order, however. In the past I pretty much just ate whatever I wanted (no fast food or candy or soda, just healthy foods). My goal is basically to cut away fat while building muscle. I've read its difficult and takes longer to do both as opposed to bulking then cutting later. I'd like to get some overall more muscle definition and maybe one day see more of my abs. Anyway, here's a sample day's meal I put together on Fitday.com to get my macro nutriets squared away. I dont think I'm taking in as many calories as I should (although I could be wrong) and this is where I would like some help.

Meal1- Wheaties/Skim Milk/Whey Shake/ Multi-Vitamin

Meal2- Chickenbreast/Mixed Nuts/1 slice whole wheat bread

Meal3- Blended shake (20g WHey/ 1/2 banana / 2tbsp PB / 1/2 cup oats / 3/4 cup water) and maybe some carrots with this

Meal4- Skim Milk/Whole Wheat Muffin/Whey Shake

I typically work out between 3rd and 4th meals doing Weights and moving right to HIIT.

Total Cals = 1650 Fat= 41g Carbs= 168g Prot= 159g

The ratio comes out to be nearly 40/40/20, just not sure if I'm getting enough cals / day or if its too much for what I'm trying to accomplish. Any help from you guys would be greatly appreciated.

Thx Josh

2. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.41%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by kholdstare View Post
    First I'd like to say how thankful I am that there is so much information on this forum. I joined a few weeks ago and did a lot of research on a lot of topics. The sticky's at the top of this forum were incredibly helpful.

With that aside, here's a little about me and where I'm trying to go with my body. I'm 24, 5'9" tall, weigh 167, and the only system I have to measure BF% here at work is via bioelectrical impedence (not the most accuate I know), it currently shows me at about 10%. I'll get some pics up maybe later. I do HIIT training 5 days / week for 40minutes each time. I also lift 3-4 days / week. In addition to that I'm a black belt in taekwondo and workout at the school 3 days / week for 45 mins. All in all I'm in good shape IMO.

I'm pretty active and my workouts are in order, however. In the past I pretty much just ate whatever I wanted (no fast food or candy or soda, just healthy foods). My goal is basically to cut away fat while building muscle. I've read its difficult and takes longer to do both as opposed to bulking then cutting later. I'd like to get some overall more muscle definition and maybe one day see more of my abs. Anyway, here's a sample day's meal I put together on Fitday.com to get my macro nutriets squared away. I dont think I'm taking in as many calories as I should (although I could be wrong) and this is where I would like some help.

Meal1- Wheaties/Skim Milk/Whey Shake/ Multi-Vitamin

Meal2- Chickenbreast/Mixed Nuts/1 slice whole wheat bread

Meal3- Blended shake (20g WHey/ 1/2 banana / 2tbsp PB / 1/2 cup oats / 3/4 cup water) and maybe some carrots with this

Meal4- Skim Milk/Whole Wheat Muffin/Whey Shake

I typically work out between 3rd and 4th meals doing Weights and moving right to HIIT.

Total Cals = 1650 Fat= 41g Carbs= 168g Prot= 159g

The ratio comes out to be nearly 40/40/20, just not sure if I'm getting enough cals / day or if its too much for what I'm trying to accomplish. Any help from you guys would be greatly appreciated.

Thx Josh
    I think you need some more cals included in at least 2 more meals, while keeeping the same distribution of macros. Also, get some more protein from natural sources, whey shakes are poorly absorbed should be reserved for your daily max. If you want to build muscle you need at least 250g protein/day. At your weight, you should be shooting for ~ 2600 total cals. I don't think you should worry about getting fat, you do enough cardio to stay pretty lean. JMO.
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.83%

cool. thx for the advice. i'll def bump up the Cal's and keep the ratios the same.

-j
    •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Hows My Diet Look?
    By liftallday123 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-20-2010, 08:17 PM
  2. hows my diet look?
    By johnstump in forum Bulking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-24-2010, 07:13 PM
  3. Hows my diet look??