morning sickness

strongsafety2

Awards
can never eat in the mornings. i usually eat something very small like a granola bar or something lighter. if i even think about drinking a protein shake ill gag. is there anyone else out there that feels like this? is this normal? it sucks because i could be gaining so much more weight

Gator Alum 03

Gator Alum 03

Awards
  • Established
you pregnant?

Nahh but, I typically make a delicious shake consisting of oats, peanut butter, egg white protein for my first meal. I'll throw in a banana if I'm feeling crazy.

Nabisco

Nabisco

Awards
  • Established
I was the same way a few years back. I just started force feeding myself protein shakes and meal replacement shakes in the morning until my body got used to it and now I can't wake up without being hungry. Other than the force yourself method, I'm not sure what else to suggest. There is a product on Nutra called Grub-On thats supposed to increase appetite, so you could look into that.

theseus

theseus

Awards
Could it be anxiety related? Prior to meds (7yrs ago) I couldnt eat in the morning due to those issues. Even now, if I have something extremely stressful in the day ill have the same problems. If not, just try adding a few bites of food each day/week until you are able to eat without problems.

I usually have a 16oz steak most mornings with no problems.

maynehood171

Awards
  • Established
Being nervous/having anxiety has always hindered me from eating in general...as do most people. I had problems eating in the morning, now it isn't so bad as I'm still in the process of force-feeding myself. Breakfast is important meal of the day, and I used to go mid-afternoon without eating...starting to force-feed instant oatmeal...talk about gag! Though sticks to the ribs!

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey Gator, is that your gf / wife in your avatar? Damn son! <high five>
That's Tim Tebow the florida gators QB in his avy, so unless he's indeed tebow himself, i'll guess we'll never know who the mystery woman is.:think:

strongsafety2

Awards
Being nervous/having anxiety has always hindered me from eating in general...as do most people. I had problems eating in the morning, now it isn't so bad as I'm still in the process of force-feeding myself. Breakfast is important meal of the day, and I used to go mid-afternoon without eating...starting to force-feed instant oatmeal...talk about gag! Though sticks to the ribs!

lol thats exactly what i do now lol the nast oatmeal. but its starting to work

Fisha7487

Fisha7487

Awards
try waiting 40 minutes until you eat. I get sick too if i eat the second after waking up

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
Do you eat before bed? I know when I eat before bed I wake ravenous.

maynehood171

Awards
  • Established
Personally, most of the time I shake/eat before I go to bed, or hour before. I wake up early as it is and it's hard for me to "wait 40 mins" to eat as then I'm in class...though on weekends or days I don't have classes (college) I can easily wait to eat or cook something cause by that time I'm ready to go and eat.

warvictim

warvictim

Banned
Awards
Can u explain in more details? You mean you feel depressed in the mornings? Like low will, bored? because some times when i sleep bellow 7 hours like just 5 or 6 hours, i wake up real negative and like bloated, i don't know maybe coz my cortisol levels are too high

Or you mean you wake up real full, without any hunger at all. Coz if it's morning blues, a dark expresso coffee might help

warvictim

can never eat in the mornings. i usually eat something very small like a granola bar or something lighter. if i even think about drinking a protein shake ill gag. is there anyone else out there that feels like this? is this normal? it sucks because i could be gaining so much more weight

warvictim

warvictim

Banned
Awards
hahaha, hey Arnold is real old in the second picture of your avatar, haha, what happened?

warvictim

try waiting 40 minutes until you eat. I get sick too if i eat the second after waking up

Red Dog

Red Dog

Awards
  • Established
hey in addition to not wanting to eat, do you have a stomach ache as soon as you wake up and move around?