How does this effect blood/sugar levels?

JDF

Awards
  • Established
Sweetners like splenda and sweet & low, how do they effect blood/sugar levels? No calories but do they spike your insulin level and so cause you to store more fat?

This may be a very simple question but I figured i'd ask anyways.

Thanks guys!

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
Sucrolose aka Splenda by itself has no effective on blood sugar, but Splenda packets also have maltodextrin in them, so maybe a very tiny sugar effective. Sweet and Low I believe has aspartame.

JDF

Awards
  • Established
so basically nothing to worry about it i have the occasional diet soda with my lunch or if i put it on my coffee in the morning ( when im not on Ephedrine cuz i would be so off the wall i would probably scare everyone at my office ).

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
so basically nothing to worry about it i have the occasional diet soda with my lunch or if i put it on my coffee in the morning ( when im not on Ephedrine cuz i would be so off the wall i would probably scare everyone at my office ).
Yeah, people at my work get freaked out by my diet. Everyday, I get comments like "wow Bill, how do you eat so healthy", "God, you must have some will power", and of coarse "tuna again?!". I'm tired of explaining myself to people who are totally ignorant to our lifestyle. I should start saying things like "Jeese, another jelly donut?", "God what are you up to now about 305?!". And then on high carb/cheat days, they think I'm binging and purging, ahh... the life of a bodybuilder.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sweetners like splenda and sweet & low, how do they effect blood/sugar levels? No calories but do they spike your insulin level and so cause you to store more fat?

This may be a very simple question but I figured i'd ask anyways.

Thanks guys!
Splenda is basically sucrose with chlorine bonds in place of hydroxyl bonds. The characteristics leads the body to not recognize it as a sugar molecule thus not effecting insulin output.