College/Cheap & Clean Diet?

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.5%

Smile College/Cheap & Clean Diet?

I just changed schools and have little money to spend but I was wondering if some of the more experienced members might be able to help me tweak my diet.

Goal: 8kg by April.

January
    Daily need 360 270g Protein, 360g or more carbs, 128g of omega 3 and monounsaturated fats = 3600 calories or more per day.
    Sample Day
    Breakfast 3 egg whites scrambled with egg whole eggs, and 2 cups of cooked oatmeal
    Morning Snack 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese mix with 1 cup pineapple, 1 piece of toast topped with 1 Tbsp. peanut butter
    Lunch 4 oz. turkey deli meat on 2 pieces of wheat bread, 2 cups of salad with 2 Tbsp. light salad dressing
    Preworkout Snack 1 apple, 5 boiled eggs
    Postworkout Snack 1 scoop of whey protein in water, 5 boiled eggs, 6 rice cakes with 2 Tbsp. of Jelly
    Dinner 6oz. grilled salmon, 2 cups cooked spaghetti, half cup marinara, 1oz mozzarella, 1 cup broccoli, 2 cups of salad with 2 Tbsp. light salad dressing, 1 cup strawberries
    Nighttime Snack 1 cup lowfat cottage cheese with 4 Tbsp. Salsa, 1 cup cooked oatmeal
    February
    Daily need 360 270g of protein, 270g or more carbs, 100g or less omega 3 and monounsaturated fat = 3000 or less per day
    Sample Day
    Breakfast 4 egg whites scrambled with 2 whole eggs, 2 cups of cooked oatmeal
    Morning Snack 5 boiled eggs, 1 banana, 1 Tsp peanut butter
    Lunch 1 can white tuna (in water) mixed with 1 Tbsp fat free miracle whip on 2 slices of wheat bread
    Midday Snack 1 cup lowfat cottage cheese
    Preworkout Snack 5 boiles eggs, 1 apple
    Postworkout Snack 1 scoop whey protein in water, 5 boiled eggs, 1 plain bagel topped with 2 Tbsp jelly
    Dinner 6 oz. chicken breast grilled, 2cups chopped broccoli, 1 large sweet potatoe baked, 2 cups of salad with 2 Tbsp light dressing
    Nighttime Snack 1 cup lowfat cottage cheese, 1 oz. cashews

Also does anyone have any other high protein foods that they like that I may be able to substitute?

2. Banned
    Stats
    5'11"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.45%

When I was staying in Santa Barbara around June/July last year I was incredibly jealous of your massive warehouse supermarket "Costco". That place stocks EVERYTHING you could possibly need and it's dirt cheap! You could buy boatloads of berries and fruit for a few dollars, bags of pre-packed chicken fillets frozen etc. I nearly wet my pants every time I walked in that place. Buy everything in bulk and store it for future use.
  3. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.58%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Cub View Post
    When I was staying in Santa Barbara around June/July last year I was incredibly jealous of your massive warehouse supermarket "Costco". That place stocks EVERYTHING you could possibly need and it's dirt cheap! You could buy boatloads of berries and fruit for a few dollars, bags of pre-packed chicken fillets frozen etc. I nearly wet my pants every time I walked in that place. Buy everything in bulk and store it for future use.
    well what do you expect. everything else in cali is so ridiculously expensive the food might as well be cheap.
    think about it.
    •   

4. Banned
    Stats
    5'11"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.45%

Quote Originally Posted by gotripped View Post
    well what do you expect. everything else in cali is so ridiculously expensive the food might as well be cheap.
    think about it.
    Everything seemed pretty cheap to me (compared to Australia). Unless you're referring to real estate which I personally didn't look into

Similar Forum Threads

1. Keeping a clean diet in college
    By 1 More Repp in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-06-2011, 10:18 PM
  2. bulking some what clean diet help?
    By maddog28 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-15-2010, 02:58 AM
  3. clean diet?
    By maddog28 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 4