Please list these in appropriate order...

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I was on a vegetarian last summer when I was first getting into bodybuilding. It did me a lot of justice.

However, since joining AM back in November, I have seen many different threads about bulking, cutting, CKD, etc.

I was wondering if somebody, anybody, could please shed some light on this subject. I was wondering if there was a way that one leads into the next, and if you could sort them out, if that's the case. Could somebody also please give some examples of each scenario, to give those of us who aren't too familiar with the terms an idea as to how we'd run a bulk, cut, etc.

Thanks a lot, to anyone who can offer any input on this topic.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Bulking, eat like a fatty, 1000+ cals a day more than what you need to maintain current bodyweight.

Cutting, eating 500 to 1000 cals less than what you need to maintain

Recomp, losing fat at the same time as gaining muscle. Probably some blend between those two, or just eating clean and having your feeding times on point.

Hope someone else sheds more light on this for ya

Probably start out with a bulk in the winter. Cold out people cant see the weight you're putting on. Switch to Recomp to get rid any of that excess fat you put on and muscle in it's place. Cut after all that to make weight, will lose bf% and possibly some of your lean mass and strength.

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Bulking, eat like a fatty, 1000+ cals a day more than what you need to maintain current bodyweight.

Cutting, eating 500 to 1000 cals less than what you need to maintain

Recomp, losing fat at the same time as gaining muscle. Probably some blend between those two, or just eating clean and having your feeding times on point.

Hope someone else sheds more light on this for ya

Probably start out with a bulk in the winter. Cold out people cant see the weight you're putting on. Switch to Recomp to get rid any of that excess fat you put on and muscle in it's place. Cut after all that to make weight, will lose bf% and possibly some of your lean mass and strength.
Being the beginning of January, it's very cold here in upstate New York. We usually get rid of our snow in mid- to late-March. I'd like to try and get in the best shape possible for summer. So, from what you've outlined; Where exactly would I start? Winter started a couple of months ago. Well, here. Technically.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
I'd say start bulking. It seems to be the popular thing to do in the winter time. Then recomp in spring. I'd save a cut for summer if you want to get that really lean/shredded look. Personally though, I don't like the thought of losing muscle mass. I'd say just bulk and recomp, but that's just me.

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'd say start bulking. It seems to be the popular thing to do in the winter time. Then recomp in spring. I'd save a cut for summer if you want to get that really lean/shredded look. Personally though, I don't like the thought of losing muscle mass. I'd say just bulk and recomp, but that's just me.
Any suggestions as to what foods are most common and beneficial for bulking?

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Oats? Bunch of carbs, dirt cheap. There are a few recipes floating around for homemade weight gaining shakes. I'd say look to those first.

I think they're mostly oats, protien powders, natty pb, banana, and evoo. Don't quote me on that because I could be way off, but I think that's the general gist of what people are doing for homemade.

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Oats? Bunch of carbs, dirt cheap. There are a few recipes floating around for homemade weight gaining shakes. I'd say look to those first.

I think they're mostly oats, protien powders, natty pb, banana, and evoo. Don't quote me on that because I could be way off, but I think that's the general gist of what people are doing for homemade.
Sounds quite easy. I'll look up some homemade recipes and probably buy some weight gainer.

Thanks again.

So, even though I'm starting a little late, I'll start a mediocre bulk. I'll do a Recomp in spring, then a cut in the summer, correct? I'm a little unsure as to how I'll approach the cut, but I'll figure something out, as I don't wanna lose any muscle or strength.