10 egg facts
- 01-04-2008, 06:00 PM
10 egg facts
1. Eggs are great for the eyes. According to one study, an egg a day may prevent macular degeneraton due to the carotenoid content, specifically lutein and zeaxanthin. Both nutrients are more readily available to our bodies from eggs than from other sources.
2. In another study, researchers found that people who eat eggs every day lower their risk of developing cataracts, also because of the lutein and zeaxanthin in eggs.
3. One egg contains 6 grams of high-quality protein and all 9 essential amino acids.
4. According to a study by the Harvard School of Public Health, there is no significant link between egg consumption and heart disease. In fact, according to one study, regular consumption of eggs may help prevent blood clots, stroke, and heart attacks.
5. They are a good source of choline. One egg yolk has about 300 micrograms of choline. Choline is an important nutrient that helps regulate the brain, nervous system, and cardiovascular system.
6. They contain the right kind of fat. One egg contains just 5 grams of fat and only 1.5 grams of that is saturated fat.
7. New research shows that, contrary to previous belief, moderate consumption of eggs does not have a negative impact on cholesterol. In fact, recent studies have shown that regular consumption of two eggs per day does not affect a person's lipid profile and may, in fact, improve it. Research suggests that it is saturated fat that raises cholesterol rather than dietary cholesterol.
8. Eggs are one of the only foods that contain naturally occurring vitamin D.
9. Eggs may prevent breast cancer. In one study, women who consumed at least 6 eggs per week lowered their risk of breast cancer by 44%.
10. Eggs promote healthy hair and nails because of their high sulphur content and wide array of vitamins and minerals. Many people find their hair growing faster after adding eggs to their diet, especially if they were previously deficient in foods containing sulphur or B12.
I love my eggs!!
- 01-04-2008, 06:08 PM
- 01-04-2008, 10:20 PM
I love eggs. Thanks for the post. Now if you could come up with 10 great things about beer.
01-04-2008, 11:13 PM
Lets all consume more eggs! raid the supermarkets!
01-05-2008, 04:13 PM
my new favorite snack has been egg salad (made with just a touch of light mayo and onions) on whole grain triscuits.
i'm eating some right now.
01-05-2008, 04:18 PM
01-05-2008, 04:21 PM
01-05-2008, 04:40 PM
01-05-2008, 04:40 PM
01-05-2008, 04:51 PM
My doctor said I have to cut down on my egg comsumption. I said, "Why is it my cholesterol?", she said " hell no, but your farts are killing everyone in the room!"-Larry the cable guy
01-05-2008, 05:59 PM
01-06-2008, 08:21 PM
01-06-2008, 08:44 PM
I'm on the AD and eggs are a regular for me. I love em.
01-06-2008, 09:52 PM
01-06-2008, 10:18 PM
I'm an egg lover as well. This was a very informative post, so thank you for sharing!
01-07-2008, 11:01 AM
Wow good to know eggs are that good since I too was under the impression it had potential negative sides to cholesterol. Probably just pertaining to the butter some of us use to cook them in huh?
01-07-2008, 11:55 AM
Eggs are like mandatory on AD.
The chepest and best source for fats and protein at the same time.
01-07-2008, 12:23 PM
- 5'10" 205 lbs.
- Join Date
- Jun 2007
- Rep Power
remember, too low a cholesterol also means low hormone levels!! so get the saturated fats in
This space for rent
Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
01-08-2008, 03:20 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By slayer57 in forum BulkingReplies: 32Last Post: 07-19-2009, 10:25 AM
- By xtatic in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 4Last Post: 09-27-2006, 02:56 PM
- By sage in forum Weight LossReplies: 23Last Post: 12-13-2003, 05:45 AM
- By windwords7 in forum Weight LossReplies: 2Last Post: 12-07-2002, 02:45 PM
- By ChaseRoy in forum General ChatReplies: 2Last Post: 10-20-2002, 03:16 AM