This is the correct way to take BCAAs for maximum results

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I have perused this forum and read many threads with people asking what is the correct way to take BCAAs. well through much trial and error i have determined the absolute best way.

the very first rule is to take them on an empty stomach. you want the BCAAs to get straight o your blood stream uninhibited. besides if you are reading this then your diets should be protein rich. what would be the point of taking BCAAs if you are already eating protein? So only take it on an empty stomach.

i have been taking a heeping teaspoon (and i mean heeping) of BCAAs about 30-45 minutes prior to workout and not only can you see amazing results but you feel amazing. my lifts have gone up incredibly. so much so that i can not even keep track of where i am at. i just wont ever get tired using aminos in this way. its almost as if i am high. the more i lift the more i want to lift. the stuff is absolutely amazing. The psychological effects are intense. if you are ready for a workout boost better than any energy supplement use my method.

i really dont know why people recommend taking BCAAs before bed. I could never get a good night sleep when i took them close to bed time. There is a reason the are classified as energy aminos. you are better of just eating some complete proteins before bed anyway. dont hold back on your growing muscles and eat some solid foods like chicken or beef and cottage cheese.

now i got a qustion, approximately how many grams is in a heaping teaspoon? i have been trying to figure that one out. i dont even know the exact doasge i am taking thatis giving me these amazing effects. somebody help my out

Mo250

Awards
do u take some during workouts or post-workouts also. I think poliquin recommended a 4:1:1 ratio.

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
no man. i used to but i stopped because it would keep me up at night when i would continue drinking them that late, i workout in the evening. so that is why i tried a heftier dose only preworkout and i had a rush like none other. thats when my workouts reached the next level. i am burning fat as well. i basically feel better than i have in my entire life. i have been doing this for a couple months now and i must say this is probably the best legal performance supplement along with creatine i have ever taken. its unreal.

also i am taking 2 1 1 ration. i have noticed alot of people tweak their supplementation extensivley on this board. almost every bcaa product coms in a 2 1 1 ratio so i am not gonna tweak something that researchers have proven is the optimal ratio. i have gotten alot of bad advice on this board from guys that think they are smarter than they really are. i prefer the KISS method (keep it simple stupid)

Mo250

Awards
thats great to hear. How much is your protein intake?

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
it is around 200-250 grams a day. i am currently in a situation where food is provided and i am able to eat conducively for bodybuilding.

you tried the BCAAs yet?

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
I do branch chain before bed if I don't want to eat something minutes before I pass out. Keeps me nitrogen positive and no hungry bangs 8 hours later. I don't have the problem of getting to sleep with them, and that's at 14g of bcaa @ 2:1:1.

dynomite, I wish my food was provided for me. Lucky.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
A heaping teaspoon would be like 2.5 grams BCAA's.... I hardly think this is an accurate way to meassure the 'correct way' to take BCAA's. You need to really know how many you are taking, and exactly when. Besides that, your anecdotal evidence is noted.

RoidRageX10

RoidRageX10

Awards
  • Established
no man. i used to but i stopped because it would keep me up at night when i would continue drinking them that late, i workout in the evening. so that is why i tried a heftier dose only preworkout and i had a rush like none other. thats when my workouts reached the next level. i am burning fat as well. i basically feel better than i have in my entire life. i have been doing this for a couple months now and i must say this is probably the best legal performance supplement along with creatine i have ever taken. its unreal.

also i am taking 2 1 1 ration. i have noticed alot of people tweak their supplementation extensivley on this board. almost every bcaa product coms in a 2 1 1 ratio so i am not gonna tweak something that researchers have proven is the optimal ratio. i have gotten alot of bad advice on this board from guys that think they are smarter than they really are. i prefer the KISS method (keep it simple stupid)
Did you change anything else in your diet, routine, life in general (ie. less stress), or do this BCAA's really get you going?

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i honestly can say i did not change ANYTHING in my diet or life. i am currently living in groundhogs day. every single day is exactly the same. i wake up at the same time everyday, go to work for 12 hours. get off and go to gym and go to sleep at the same time everyday. and repeat. i have no weekends where i am at and no social life but i do have food and a gym. i obviously made great gains in my position however once i added the aminos the way i described earlier i freakin took off. i just went to a whole other level. if i dont take the aminos i feel a noticeable drag. the stuff is truly amazing.

the brand of BCAA i am taking is the BCAA powder by NowFoods. cant go wrong with now

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
A heaping teaspoon would be like 2.5 grams BCAA's.... I hardly think this is an accurate way to meassure the 'correct way' to take BCAA's. You need to really know how many you are taking, and exactly when. Besides that, your anecdotal evidence is noted.
is this a joke? we are talking about aminos not injectable GH. so people that measure sups with standard units of measure like teaspons and tablespoons are wrong?

posts like this one is exactly what i was talking about when i mentioned the people that think they are smarter then they really are. Just KISS it man

also a heeping teaspoon of my BCAA is 5 grams

nelix

Awards
  • Established
Did you change anything else in your diet, routine, life in general (ie. less stress), or do this BCAA's really get you going?
BCAA can help control cortisol in people who have issues with it, I my self have sleep issues related to cortisol, so pre bed bcaa is lovely, but not to much, or they keep me up.

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
is this a joke? we are talking about aminos not injectable GH. so people that measure sups with standard units of measure like teaspons and tablespoons are wrong?

posts like this one is exactly what i was talking about when i mentioned the people that think they are smarter then they really are. Just KISS it man

1/4 teaspoon = 400mg give or a take a little depending on your brand (if it is in fact pure BCAA and not filler). 1 "heaping" teaspoon is probably close to 2g of BCAA not 5. A normal TABLEspoon would be about 5 grams. I think people are getting teaspoon and tablespoon mixed up.

That being said I have a hard time believing that 2grams of BCAA would make that much of a huge difference but if it's working for you then that's great and I'm jealous.

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
the brand i am using is now foods. they say that one heaping Teaspoon is 5 grams. i believe this to be true not only cuz the label says this but because i have heard from a few people that the nowfoods brand is not as fine and seems heavier, not as fluffy, as other brands. at either rate the size of my heeping teaspon has got to be bigger than the typical heaping teaspoon. it is so heaping i got to balance so i dont spill it.

bnut hey if i got to take more i will do it. this stuff practically makes me high.

are you guys not experiencing the same thing as me?

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established

How exactly did I 'think' I was smarter than I am? Where did I do that?

I made a simple observation, my point being that 2.5 grams of BCAA's is really not enough. You have guys on here doing 10-15 times that PWO. Something is working for you, but if your claims are true, I doubt it is the BCAA's.

As far as acuracy is concerned, a "heaping" teaspoon doesn't sit well with me. I take measuring things seriously. When I meassure a teaspoon or tablespoon I use an acurate food meassuring spoon, and scrape the excess off at the top of the spoon making it exactly a tablespoon or teaspoon.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
you are touchy martha

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
the brand i am using is now foods. they say that one heaping Teaspoon is 5 grams. i believe this to be true not only cuz the label says this but because i have heard from a few people that the nowfoods brand is not as fine and seems heavier, not as fluffy, as other brands. at either rate the size of my heeping teaspon has got to be bigger than the typical heaping teaspoon. it is so heaping i got to balance so i dont spill it.

bnut hey if i got to take more i will do it. this stuff practically makes me high.

are you guys not experiencing the same thing as me?
interesting, I just assumed all BCAAs were basically the same, but NOW does indeed claim 1 tsp = 5g. That being said, I still find it weird that 5-7g of BCAA would affect you that much. Be happy that it does though.

aztec127

aztec127

Awards
are you currently taking any other supplements along with BCAA?? such as creatine or ba or aakg or whatnot??

and have you tried the BCAA from nutraplanet?? if so, do you think they're at the same level??

congrats on the gains dude, if bcaa gets me as high as you, i can throw some bad habits out the window

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
How exactly did I 'think' I was smarter than I am? Where did I do that?

I made a simple observation, my point being that 2.5 grams of BCAA's is really not enough. You have guys on here doing 10-15 times that PWO. Something is working for you, but if your claims are true, I doubt it is the BCAA's.

As far as acuracy is concerned, a "heaping" teaspoon doesn't sit well with me. I take measuring things seriously. When I meassure a teaspoon or tablespoon I use an acurate food meassuring spoon, and scrape the excess off at the top of the spoon making it exactly a tablespoon or teaspoon.

please dont post in my thread anymore, thanks.

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
are you currently taking any other supplements along with BCAA?? such as creatine or ba or aakg or whatnot??

and have you tried the BCAA from nutraplanet?? if so, do you think they're at the same level??

congrats on the gains dude, if bcaa gets me as high as you, i can throw some bad habits out the window
thanks man appreciate it. like i said before every single day for me is same as the last as far as macronutrient intake, sleep, and workouts. of course i take off days from the gym. all i am taking is fish oil (super epa), BCAAs, and creatine. They are all NOW products. i have been taking the creatine and super epa for months but as soon as i added the BCAAs my workouts went to the next level. i just will not get tired. i feel as if i can stay in the gym forever and i have to force myself to leave after about an hour.

i have never tried the BCAAs from nutraplanet. i am not sure who manufactures their products but i think they come from a place where making stuff is very inexpensive. Now foods produces there stuff in the US and is certified by all sorts of lab tests. Maybe the Now brand aminos are more potent, i dont know. but i would think that if everybody was experiencing what i am then people would be raving like lunatics just like me.

lol i just realized i sound like a NOW foods rep. but i garuntee i am not. i am the farthest thing from...well anything in normal society lol.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I do believe in the benefits of BCAA's but unfortunately they overtax neurotransmitters for me and make me apatheitc and unproductive (I train in the morning so this zombie-brain-like side effect is unacceptable forme as it occur the majority of the day).

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
This is a forum for open discussion, I don't think Crying Emo has been making rude posts at all.
agreed lol folks you are arguing about how you measure BCAAs get over it lol am.com at its finest this thread reminds me of the crap I used to seed when I frequented bb.com!

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
This is a forum for open discussion, I don't think Crying Emo has been making rude posts at all.
I agree... you must have misunderstood some of the comments..?

It's great to hear some solid results coming from BCAA's. Xtend is by far one of my favorite supplements of all time. It keeps me fired up and good to go on my runs. I go with 30g Xtend (6 scoops) and 2 scoops of Posidon and I feel fantastic. Zero calories, so there is no digestion issues mid-run... yet it keeps me feeling strong throughout the session. Looking forward to my recently ordered Apple and Orange Xtend coming in!

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
point is... 2.5 grams of BCAAs realistically will not deliver the results dynomite is claiming they do..

did somebody say, PLACEBO EFFECT?

gdbear65

gdbear65

Awards
  • Established
a level tsp is 5g isn't it? I take 10g BCAAs in my PWO, but I also take PVL Extendavol pre-workout. Because I'm doing a bit of a cut, I've been taking caffeine pre-workout too which I'm finding is working great for me, however on their own BCAAs don't give me much energy or stimulate me to any degree. I also add 5g of leucine to my PWO.

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
:burg:
a level tsp is 5g isn't it? I take 10g BCAAs in my PWO, but I also take PVL Extendavol pre-workout. Because I'm doing a bit of a cut, I've been taking caffeine pre-workout too which I'm finding is working great for me, however on their own BCAAs don't give me much energy or stimulate me to any degree. I also add 5g of leucine to my PWO.
Nice setup, this is similar to a friend of mine.

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i am not taking 2.5 grams of BCAAs.

but hey if you dont believe i am getting the results that i a getting that is fine with me. i really couldnt care less. you can continue taking 30 grams along with the countless other supplements. most people in this forum take so many supplements they dont know what they are feeling and what they arent. thats not the case with me.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Don't feed the troll?

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i am not taking 2.5 grams of BCAAs.

but hey if you dont believe i am getting the results that i a getting that is fine with me. i really couldnt care less. you can continue taking 30 grams along with the countless other supplements. most people in this forum take so many supplements they dont know what they are feeling and what they arent. thats not the case with me.
You are absolutely right. Too many supplements are ineffective, on the other hand too little supplements are ineffective

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
You are absolutely right. Too many supplements are ineffective, on the other hand too little supplements are ineffective
lol huh supplements arent NECCESARY lol there just a benefit good work ethic and roper training are NECCESARY .

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Supplementation in Bodybuilding IS neccessary! Creatine, Beta Alanine, Bcaa's

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
Supplementation in Bodybuilding IS neccessary! Creatine, Beta Alanine, Bcaa's
Stop giving me a hard time lol come on you know what I mean, we are talking besides the basics I thought.

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Does Nutraplanet sell bulk tissues? you should order some.

lol that was some great anabolicminds humor. really creative mentioning the board sponsor like that....kudos. now all you have to do is buy every supplement that is peddled on here and donate to become a gold member and then you will really be cool.

Eject

Eject

Awards
lol that was some great anabolicminds humor. really creative mentioning the board sponsor like that....kudos. now all you have to do is buy every supplement that is peddled on here and donate to become a gold member and then you will really be cool.

Nice try on the comeback, Keep up the practice! :thumbsup:

So, are you starting your sponsored Midol and Maxipad log soon?

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
midol and maxipads lol. you are truly more of a man than me and you have proven it with your macho humor.

DRSPEDO

DRSPEDO

Awards
insane pumps from 2.5g bc?... awesome brother, if that's facilitating your hard work in the gym, then keep it up, although you may want to consider taking more. This is not enough for most people.

branched chains are used by your brain overnight. Right, for your purposes, maybe a full protein may be better, but for some people, their goals might be better reached if taking branched chains to really go ketogenic.

how you feel, and opinions on 'worthless' supplements may lead someone astray who is looking for something with any kind of scientific evidence. There are lots of supplements out there that we don't understand fully, but know they work.

Hopefully you don't flip out, and if you do, then sorry for taking up room on your blog. It's just unfortunate when someone ruins such a great avenue for sharing of information.

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
nah man i aint goona flipout on ya. i appreciate your input. i actually am taking more along the lines of 7 grams. and i feel the heck out of it. i am seeing results as well. i might toy around with the dosage but i just wanted to tell everyone about my experience as to maybe help some folks.

i personally take very few supplements, just the staples and maybe if alot of people went with my approach they could save alot of time money and see better results as well. as you said yourself we dont know much about these new unproven supplements and that is exactly why i will not be taking them anymore. of course i am referring to bodybuilding sups. the latest and greatest sup that promises the world never delivers. i have yet to purchase a new supplement with the incredibly complex synthetically produced ingredients to deliver what the advertisements say. "do you want the alpha male mentality and 5 times more muscle mass!!! then get ALPHA MAle DOUBLE XX NOW!!!" lol in my experience these products dont deliver and if they do there is a catch, like baldness and shrunken nuts. but hey some people need to have muscles and will pay any price. hey even CEE isnt proven, supposedly it isnt to good for the liver.

uh yeah anyway, thanks for the post.

DRSPEDO

DRSPEDO

Awards
so wait, I thought the only way to gain muscle and lose fat is to take everything in the muscletech product line!?!?!

I don't know man, I saw those commercials with all the BSN sponsoring guys and they are huge!!! I think i'm gonna start taking both lines at the same time because they guarantee that you can lose 17% bf in 1 week and pack on 21 lbs rock hard muslce overnight!

haha, yeah brother, I like your approach of sticking to the basics. Check out the T-dawg type diet on tnation. Too much emphasis is given to supps and not enough is given to biochemical nutrition theory and straighup old fashioned hard work.

control. insulin. period.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
midol and maxipads lol. you are truly more of a man than me and you have proven it with your macho humor.
Lighten up bro!

dynomite

dynomite

Banned
Awards
  • Established
so wait, I thought the only way to gain muscle and lose fat is to take everything in the muscletech product line!?!?!

I don't know man, I saw those commercials with all the BSN sponsoring guys and they are huge!!! I think i'm gonna start taking both lines at the same time because they guarantee that you can lose 17% bf in 1 week and pack on 21 lbs rock hard muslce overnight!

haha, yeah brother, I like your approach of sticking to the basics. Check out the T-dawg type diet on tnation. Too much emphasis is given to supps and not enough is given to biochemical nutrition theory and straighup old fashioned hard work.

control. insulin. period.
yeah if you take nutrex sups you will look like marcus ruhl!!! i need to get on that stuff.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Preach about your BCAA's all you want, I'm sticking to The Strap. Not only did I increase my bench by 40lbs, I've also increase my placebolic intensity by 37%* I can also glow like anime characters and throw fireballs like Ryu. Hadouken!!!

---------------------------
*Placebolic intensity measured using Scientology E-Meters to measure thetan output.

maynehood171

Awards
  • Established
Not bad, I got <50% or so of productive information in 2 pages of posts...