Anabolic Diet Strategies

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
I wanted to get opinions from some fellow AD'ers.

Do you vary your calories on weekdays like DiPasquale suggests?

Like:

Monday: 2000 cals
Tuesday: 3000 cals
Wednesday: 4000 cals
Thursday: 3000 cals
Friday: 2000 cals

Also, on your carb load 24-48 hours, is less better, or more?

Do you raise your cals or lower them during the carb refeeds?

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have been on the Metabolic Diet for years. I don't very my calories that much. I just try to stay in a certain range during the low carb portion. During the load, it is definitely better to raise calories. The carb load is recommended 12-48 hours, it depends on what your goal is....You just have to play with the diet a little bit find out how you react. You can pretty much get it down to a Science. Especially if you have the book, you can look things up if you want more details.

haroldjg

haroldjg

Awards
  • Established
Well I am pretty new to the AD as well, but I dont really vary my cals much. Even on the weekends, I just eat the same amount of cals, but switch the ratios like you are supposed to. To be honest, I find it really difficult to even eat the maintenance cals. High fat just kills my appetite. As well, good fat cals are just hard to come by. So unless I feel like drinking cream, or eating plain butter, I find it hard enough to just reach my maintenance cals. To get back to the point, I just mainly try to eat as much as I can while only eating good quality, healthy, fats.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
I have been on the Metabolic Diet for years. I don't very my calories that much. I just try to stay in a certain range during the low carb portion. During the load, it is definitely better to raise calories. The carb load is recommended 12-48 hours, it depends on what your goal is....You just have to play with the diet a little bit find out how you react. You can pretty much get it down to a Science. Especially if you have the book, you can look things up if you want more details.
12 hours seems best suited for me.

HITscientist

HITscientist

Awards
I usually keep my weekday calorie's the same and do a 24 hour carb load. I will usually do clean carbs and then have one meal be a cheat meal. This diet has worked good as during the holidays I was able to tweak things and get all my carb load days to be on the holidays. Guilt free!

After your initial 12 days, what are you maintenacne carbs during the week? Mine are 50-60g carbs maintenacne.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
I usually keep my weekday calorie's the same and do a 24 hour carb load. I will usually do clean carbs and then have one meal be a cheat meal. This diet has worked good as during the holidays I was able to tweak things and get all my carb load days to be on the holidays. Guilt free!

After your initial 12 days, what are you maintenacne carbs during the week? Mine are 50-60g carbs maintenacne.
50-60 gram could be too high. But then again, some people can handle higher maintenance carbs.

Being an endo, I seem fine with 20-25 carbs a day or even less. But in 12 hours I put down 600 carbs or so during my refeed.

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
im curious about this anabolic diet, is there a book somewhere or some good reading that i could find?

freezito

freezito

Awards
  • Established
i think i might buy the book, i need all the help i can get

Eject

Eject

Awards
Personally i keep the carb loading period to 12-24 hours. (im an endomorph though) Watch your insulin sensitivity, use general dieting rules (no processed foods) containing any corn fructose, sweetening agents etc etc
and yes vary the meals weekly, i found myself eating alot of sausage and eggs (i ****ing love eggs)