Best source of protein?
- 12-29-2007, 11:33 AM
- 12-29-2007, 11:46 AM
- 12-29-2007, 12:30 PM
I think if you were to rank them it would look something like this:
beefGive a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for life. Lao Tse 6th century BC
12-30-2007, 12:33 AM
Each protein source has a diffrent amino acid profile and biological value therefore giving each diffrent benefits. Egg protein does have the highest BV and therefore is wasted the least by the body. The best way is to make sure you get your protein from diffrent sources.
12-30-2007, 09:09 AM
12-30-2007, 09:12 AM
12-30-2007, 09:40 AM
While egg is the best/most complete protein, taking in a variety of proteins is very beneficial, factors include digestion rates, allergens(personal), and whether your looking for a shake or a meal. Also, egg albumen has shown a small effect towards diminishing the catabolic hormone myostatin.
12-30-2007, 10:11 AM
12-31-2007, 12:16 AM
Similar Forum Threads
- By johnwayne in forum SupplementsReplies: 4Last Post: 07-31-2014, 07:42 PM
- By houseofPAIN in forum Powerlifting/StrongmanReplies: 0Last Post: 06-03-2013, 03:59 PM
- By jrw in forum SupplementsReplies: 2Last Post: 10-28-2009, 01:18 AM
- By Jayhawkk in forum Nutrition / HealthReplies: 7Last Post: 12-30-2008, 03:51 PM
- By East1600Plus in forum SupplementsReplies: 8Last Post: 11-19-2006, 12:16 AM