Pre-Workout Nutrition for Early lifters

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.16%

Pre-Workout Nutrition for Early lifters

Hey guys, I have been reading a lor on nutrition and more specifically the importance of PreWO nutrition.

I am convinced it is very important now, but the thin is I get up at 5:20AM to get to the gym at 6:00.

Should I eat anything solid or will a protein+carbs shake will do?

If I should eat some solid food preWO, do you have any recommendations that I could cook the night before and store in the fridge? since I don't feel like cooking that early in the morning.

Thanks guys

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.71%

I used to just have two slices of bread with a whey shake pre workout then an hour later my pre workout NO, or whatever else I was using. I did that for a few months with limited results. Since, I have been emphasizing whole food protein sources and carb sources. In my opinion, a whole food meal, such as a cup of oats, can of tuna, and some natural PB or a TBS of olive oil would give you great energy for your workout.
  3. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.8%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I do oats and whey in the morning - grind them up so your body can stomach them and be able to lift shortly after.

What you could consider doing is improve your pre-bed meal -e.g. add in some carbs/fruit and a nice serve of protein, maybe a bit of fat - something like cottage cheese with pb and an apple which will help with your morning workouts.
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.41%

Bump - to see if theres anyone that does fasted lifts.

I did this about 5 months back for a month when I had the energy (fewer work obligations) to lift in the morning and I had probably best gains ive had since the year i started lifting.
    I was taking some supps i also believe may have been responsible but just wanted to see if anyone out there gets good results out of fasted A.M. lifts
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.62%

I usually eat 1/4 cup oats along with one scoop of whey protein. I seem to have great energy....my workout is similar to yours...I get up at 5am to be there lifting at 6am.

I just wonder if I should be mixing any fat with my protein at this hour...like, flaxseed oil for example.
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.16%

Thanks everybody for their responses. great tips I will probably just mix some oatmeal with protein and maybe add a bannana or an apple.

And like asianbabe said add a bit of carbs and fat to my prebed meal.

I just wonder if I should be mixing any fat with my protein at this hour...like, flaxseed oil for example.
    I remember someone saying it was not a good idea to consume fats at this time, don't remember exactly why, but I think it might've been cause instead of absorbing healthy fats you would end up using them for energy?

Can someone corroborate please?
  7. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  272 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    74.05%

I'm training around 5:00am and have any type of carbs before bed usually over 2 meals. Oats, Brown Rice, Pasta and even pizza if it's the night before a leg workout.

I only have a small portion of protein with each and never any added fats.

Mornings before training is just stimlulants (Coffee and Chocomine or AMP) and BCAA's, ALCAR & Creatine.

I have a great w/o every time.

If i do eat anything i just feel like going back to bed!!!

Jag

Similar Forum Threads

1. Best pre-workout supp for under $30
    By audiopipetwo1 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 04-21-2007, 04:57 PM
  2. Best Pre-Workout Product for WOMEN
    By faerieeyes3 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-19-2007, 06:45 PM
  3. Pre-Workout Nutrition
    By Giantz11 in forum Weight Loss