Shaker experts - talk to me

bassgirl

bassgirl

Awards
I need a good shaker to mix my drinks and shakes in. Definitely let me know if you got it freebee or a good price somewhere. Here are some of the things that I think would help me. Hopefully I can get as many of these as I can. :)

a fluid indicator of ounces or ml on the side in increments
screw top that will stay on
will it fit in car cupholders
a pop up or sports dispenser or whatever type works best for travel
one big enough to hold 32 oz. or fraction thereof
one that is dishwasher safe and writing wont rub off
wont stain
can put boiling water in it (not super important but can be useful)

strester

strester

Awards
  • Established
blender bottle

i think this meets most of your requirements ... best money I've spent on a shaker

Blender Bottle

I have 3 of them ... 1 for shakes at the office, 1 for cooking (eggs 'n such), and 1 for shakes at the gym

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
don't hate me for suggesting this.. but I saw one that looked pretty neat at GNC.. it's sort of like a blender bottle, but it has a small whisk-ball instead of a blendy thingy.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
don't hate me for suggesting this.. but I saw one that looked pretty neat at GNC.. it's sort of like a blender bottle, but it has a small whisk-ball instead of a blendy thingy.
that is the blender bottle! so another vote for that from ozarka, as well as for me. the wire ball does a great job, and gnc does carry them so you can check em out there.

LT*

LT*

Awards
  • Established
Another vote for the BLENDER BOTTLE! I have 4 and love them.

ozarkaBRAND

ozarkaBRAND

Awards
  • Established
ha.. i'm apparently an idiot. lol

i thought a blender bottle was a bottle that had a spiny blendy thing in it.. Wrong!

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
I just ordered a blender bottle from "the planet"

edit: just received blender bottle. It's pretty friggin' awesome.

SMOKEPALADIN

SMOKEPALADIN

Awards
  • Established
Blender Bottle is all I use, and it holds up well in the dishwasher and fits in the cupholder.

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
I like it, except for when the ball falls out into the cats litter box.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
I just ordered one can't wait to try it out. My current shaker bottle needs to retire, it will be a sad goodbye.

machwon04

Awards
  • Established
I had one a while back, the lid cracked on me though. i don't know if it was from the heat in the dishwasher, or always cranking down too hard (paranoid about leaks due to experiences w/ past shakers) or both.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
cranking down too hard, I had that happen this week. not too bad really tho, it still was 6 months old

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i really think i need to put an order for some blender bottles in my next nutra order....lol even though they keep sending me free shakers that work pretty good

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
I use a sad little walmart shaker. I'm still holding out for that glorious nutra freebie everyone talks about. Just imagine the day I open my order, and theres a free shaker in there - it'll be magical!

Aggravated

Aggravated

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Blender Bottles are the best thing that happened to my protein shakes. Screw forks/spoons and glasses! Speaking of BBs, I need to order a few from Nutra in a couple days :)

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
I've been using ProSource brand shaker bottles. They have held up better than their GNC counterparts. The rubber o-ring on the GNC ones always comes out and gets lost... there goes your water tight seal.

I haven't used a blender bottle. Sounds interesting.

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
I LOVE my blender bottle. I also like the old "turbo shaker". It has "fins" molded into the bottom and into the lid of the shaker. It works well, lasts forever, and doesn't leak. It isn't as convenient or good as the blender bottle though. I hate the ones with the little grid that goes between the cup and the lid.

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
Heck for 20 bucks you can go to Walmart and buy the mini blender. That thing is the best. It goes every where with me

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
I hate the ones with the little grid that goes between the cup and the lid.
You think the grid doesn't work very well? The bottles I'm currently using have that 'grid'. But, I haven't had any problems (clumping) with it.

Of course, the only things I've been mixing are MRPs and protein only shakes.

Grinman07

Grinman07

Awards
Star Chem Labs has the best shaker.
*screw on lid
*dishwasher safe
*holds 30 oz
*Doesnt Leak!!!
*doesnt stain
*and fits in car cup holders!

Insidious1

Awards
  • Established
Another vote for the Blender Bottle!BY FAR, the best that i;ve used in regards to getting a "No Clump" shake. I have had multiple and will always use them as opposed to the old-fashioned GNC shakers. I keep 1 at the office, one at home, and have i carry with me...

(i know i know.. a bit overkill! But we've all had it where we went to get a shake and didnt have a shaker. I dont care how "instantized" these whey protein are... a fork and water dont cut it!)

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
How heavy is the 'ball'? I'm having trouble understanding how this type of agitator mixes more efficiently than a finned and/or mesh, firm (fixed position) agitator. I would think forcing the liquid through the rigid agitator would mix better than letting this ball just 'go with the flow'.

Thoughts? :think:

Nuff said! Nothing comes close! $6 or so from Nutraplanet!

Blender Bottle (28 oz) By: Sundesa

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
its not very heavy, but it works. really maybe would work a hair better as the combo, both a grid and the ball. but shake this vigorously and it does a nice job

boxmeman

boxmeman

Awards
  • Established
lol ive got a huggge stash of free shakers i have got ftom NP Im def gonna have to order THE BLENDER BOTTLE!

MuscleGuyinNY

MuscleGuyinNY

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I've had nothing but horrible experiences with shakers in the past. I've gotten mine from GNC and Walmart. Need less to say, right?

I hear nothing but how amazing these Blender Bottles are. I must get one.

GymRat5972

GymRat5972

Awards
I hav used about all the bottles possivble. I have a bottle that holds 32 oz and marked for measurement from wal- mart. clear with a maroon lid by tupaware. It works well and i have had it forever.

ShakesAllDay

ShakesAllDay

Awards
  • Established
I hav used about all the bottles possivble. I have a bottle that holds 32 oz and marked for measurement from wal- mart. clear with a maroon lid by tupaware. It works well and i have had it forever.
Exactly what I have (tapered towards the top?). Doesn't leak... mixes most stuff very well.

Actually, I noticed that there were 2 people in the gym this morning that had those bottles.

:hammer:

GymRat5972

GymRat5972

Awards
Shake,
I have never had a problem with making my shakes in them. Best $1.50 spent...lol