HELP! Growing a belly

  1. Red face HELP! Growing a belly


    I'm trying to bulk right now, so i try to eat a lot, but instead of putting on some muscle i'm growing a belly. and i don't mean fat, but my stomach grows and i look like a pregnant woman in a 4th month. i don't eat a lot at once, but spread out the meals evenly. any help?


  2. Maybe try some cortisol control. Could be putting on VAT. Just a guess though.

  3. It is a mix of increased fat mass and stomach distention. Decreasing the amount of kcals and volume of food will help to alleviate your problem.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys

    •   
       


  4. Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    It is a mix of increased fat mass and stomach distention. Decreasing the amount of kcals and volume of food will help to alleviate your problem.
    Yep, just the distension can really feel like an extra 10 pounds around your gut. I'm normally a 30 inch waist, but bulking out last summer I got up to a 37" waist!
    Remember those goofy ass jumbo, multi-color, mc hammer type, bodybuilding pants from the late 80's early 90's? That whole look starts making sense sometimes..

  5. Quote Originally Posted by RedwolfWV View Post
    Maybe try some cortisol control. Could be putting on VAT. Just a guess though.
    sounds like inflammation. dont know what you've been eating but try this:

    a whole asprin each day
    antioxidants (pick your faves, C, E, zinc, etc, but try at least 2)
    reduce cortisol

    r u going thru a tough time with something? job, family etc?

  6. Quote Originally Posted by dirtyAl View Post
    I'm trying to bulk right now, so i try to eat a lot, but instead of putting on some muscle i'm growing a belly. and i don't mean fat, but my stomach grows and i look like a pregnant woman in a 4th month. i don't eat a lot at once, but spread out the meals evenly. any help?
    How long has it been since you started your bulking? If your fairly early into it, I highly doubt it's due to increased fat accumulation either subQ or visceral.

    It takes the body a little while to adapt to increased food consumption, and stomach distention and upset is fairly common in the earlier stages of a bulk diet. It's basic physiology, the more you eat the more your stomach will distend. That coupled with increased water weight thru higher amounts of sodium and carb consumption can contribute to your problem.
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!



  7. the foods you eat can also have a big impact. oatmeal bloats me the most out of anything, except maybe potatoes. what carb sources are you currently eating?

  8. Thank you very much for all your help...
    I never actually thought of cortisol control (don't know what's VAT). i'll try to do something about that.
    I've been bulking since august, so it's not due to the early start. the saddest thing is that even if i eat like 2000 kcals my stomach's still distend. distention is not a cool thing as i know that once you get the distention it's really hard to get back to normal.
    as for the carbs that i'm eating, they are: oatmeal, rice, pasta and potatoes. i don't really worry about the "bad" foods like pizza, etc., because it is REALLY hard for me to put on fat and weight, so i eat everything...

  9. Quote Originally Posted by dirtyAl View Post
    Thank you very much for all your help...
    I never actually thought of cortisol control (don't know what's VAT). i'll try to do something about that.
    I've been bulking since august, so it's not due to the early start. the saddest thing is that even if i eat like 2000 kcals my stomach's still distend. distention is not a cool thing as i know that once you get the distention it's really hard to get back to normal.
    as for the carbs that i'm eating, they are: oatmeal, rice, pasta and potatoes. i don't really worry about the "bad" foods like pizza, etc., because it is REALLY hard for me to put on fat and weight, so i eat everything...
    how far apart are your meals spaced? if its currently at 2 hours apart, try bumping it ahead to 3. that should give your stomach some extra time to empty a little before you fill it up again.

  10. Digestive enzymes may help too. They sure helped me with the bloat I get from protein/oat shakes.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by dirtyAl View Post
    Thank you very much for all your help...
    I never actually thought of cortisol control (don't know what's VAT)....
    visceral adipose tissue
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49

  12. how many cals a day do u think u take? how old, how tall and how much do u weigh?

  13. My wife makes me a ginger and mint tea when i've eaten too much and that really helps.

    I don't bulk any more but i'm sure a few cups during the day would help if your problem is digestion.

    Jag
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Help with pooch belly
    By Homey in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-18-2010, 09:07 PM
  2. Need help growing chest.
    By cmp007 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-10-2009, 12:50 PM
  3. Belly Fat Loss HELP!
    By PSJ02388 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 05-13-2007, 09:40 PM
  4. Help, I'm growing too fast.
    By RobInKuwait in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 01-15-2006, 07:00 PM
Log in
Log in