Is it possible that eating more calories can make you lose weight?

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
I have been adding EVOO to my shakes and am up to 3 tablespoons a day. However I am actually leaner and about 3 pounds lighter than before I started. Weird? You tell me.....

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Olive oil will help, yes.

INtermittent calorie increases will also kickstart metabolism, and if incorporated correctly you can eat more calories every few days for better results.

Over time, though, they will catch up with you if you overdo it.

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
Olive oil will help, yes.

INtermittent calorie increases will also kickstart metabolism, and if incorporated correctly you can eat more calories every few days for better results.

Over time, though, they will catch up with you if you overdo it.
I always figured if you bring in more calories than you output that you'd gain weight regardless of the type of calories. However it does makes sense that if I was lacking on good fats before that by adding them it has raised my metabolism and/or made my body more effecient and effective and burning calories.

Thanks for the feedback!

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
Also, did you eat exactly the same but just with the oil added? If you reduced carb intake, you would lose quite a few pounds rapidly as well.

Definitely good to add in a few refeeds/higher calorie days if you've been dieting for a prolonged period though!

CryingEmo

CryingEmo

Awards
  • Established
Also, did you eat exactly the same but just with the oil added? If you reduced carb intake, you would lose quite a few pounds rapidly as well.

Definitely good to add in a few refeeds/higher calorie days if you've been dieting for a prolonged period though!
Below 30 carbs a day and he'd REALLY lose weight. Add the refeeds in. See: Anabolic Diet.

TheNinja

TheNinja

Awards
  • Established
I don't really need to lose weight right now though, I need to bulk :) . However it is good to know about these effects for when I do want to cut weight.

I think I dropped some alcohol out of my diet. I haven't been binge drinking as much lately so maybe that might also explain why I wouldn't carry as much weight/fat?

Is it bad to have 2-3 tablespoons a day everyday?

bassgirl

bassgirl

Awards
Below 30 carbs a day and he'd REALLY lose weight. Add the refeeds in. See: Anabolic Diet.
This effective and OK for the ladies? Because I DO need to lose weight.

Low carb huh? I just want to rev up my metabolism, and more lean tissue is the way to go with that, even for us ladies.

I did Atkins for a few months a while back and learned a lot but couldn't really keep it up. It got expensive, but now I know more about regular foods I can eat with it.

Last edited: