Does anyone else have guy problems with protein post workout?

1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Does anyone else have guy problems with protein post workout?

I have no problem with a post workout shake of WMS, maltodextrin, and/or dextrose. However if I add even 15-20g of whey protein I get a gut ache and usually in the bathroom within 20 minutes. I've tried various protein powders

1. Is this common?
    2. Do I have to have protein immediately PWO or should I take a pure carb (maybe some BCAA) post workout and protein maybe 30-45 minutes later?

2. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

hmm this doesn't happen to me. have you tried other protein sources? like either casein, maybe egg?
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  185 lbs.
    Answers

i'd get serious bloat up the a$$ if i had all those sugars AND WMS PWO. some people are just sensitive to protein powders and such. have you tried more of a whole food source for protein? i prefer 3-4 cups fat free milk after any workout. the blend of whey/casein proteins and the sugars holds me over til i can get home from the gym and cook a wholesome meal about an hour later.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Answers

What type of protein are you using?
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  164 lbs.
    Answers

I have had to this problem with whey and milk mixed then a chicken breast.

I would have a
    -40g Protein Shake with skim milk
    -7oz Chicken Breast

15 minutes after I lifted.

I would feel sick and bloated for half an hour.

Then I took out the whey.

So now I drink ~10oz Milk with a Chicken Breast and I feel MUCH better when Im done eating.
  6. Registered User
    Answers

RPN gut health, try it out
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  175 lbs.
    Answers

I drink 2 scoops of Xtend + 30g of WMS immediately after working out and I have no problems.
    It takes me about 20 minutes to get back to the office and about another 5 minutes to prepare my post-workout shake which usually contains fruit (pineapple, strawberries, banana, raspberries) and 30g of goat whey protein - no problems either.

I used to drink regular whey protein and I always had digestive problems. Oryx Goat Whey fixed that for me.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Answers

sounds like your lactose intolerant whey protein is made from milk! try a lactose free whey, switch to soy, or rice.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Answers

Had the exact same problem at once point.

Add betaine HCL and/or ginger. Ginger is a potent anti-inflammatory so some would argue it's not an ideal supp totake PWO asa result (some infammation is beneficial PWO).
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'll try some of these things. I'm not lactose intolerant in general, but I definitely cannot have too much dairy at once or during one day. Maybe I'm lactose unfriendly, just not intolerant?

Perhaps I'll drink it a little slower too. I think slamming down 16oz in 2 minutes isn't the smartest thing, but sometimes I'm in a hurry and gotta get going.

I think I'll try adding whole foods, milk, or whey maybe 30 minutes after the WMS.
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Answers

There is a slow and gradual process i experienced similar to yours , bloating , gas and explosive post shake deucing, eventually arriving at intolerance to milk. Now i can eat cheese ok and sauces with cream, but in excess it gets ugly.
  12. Registered User
    Answers

Is it with other foods or just protien? Has IBS every crossed the mind? In my opinion you don't need to chug any type of protien right after po-wo only thing you should be chugging after a wrkot is a recovery drink like glutamine/creatine then that will hold you over for about 30min and by that time you should be able to make a shake/food and be home or wherever. Besides if you drink your shake slow your body will be more full, due to the amount of time you are taking to consume a single shake your mind will think that your eating a lot more than you really are.
  13. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by TheNinja;
    I have no problem with a post workout shake of WMS, maltodextrin, and/or dextrose. However if I add even 15-20g of whey protein I get a gut ache and usually in the bathroom within 20 minutes. I've tried various protein powders...
    I used to have the same challenges with Whey until I switched to a Whey-Soy combination. More anabolic than Whey-only, anyway. Alternatively, if you stick to Whey-only, try smaller servings and build-up slowly.
    Product Educator | USPowders
    Statements made by this online persona are the sole property of the owner, and do not necessarily reflect USPowders’ opinion as a whole.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. anyone else have this problem with their wives?
    By Derek4Real in forum General Chat
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 02-21-2010, 09:41 PM
  2. Anyone ever have legal problems with their research hobby?
    By pmiller383 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-20-2008, 01:50 AM
  3. Anyone else have this problem?
    By Fatal Wisdom in forum Pics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-21-2007, 05:07 PM
  4. Does anyone else have this problem?
    By Distilled Water in forum Bulking
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 11-12-2007, 06:01 PM
  5. Anyone else having this problem with the site?
    By natedogg in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-10-2007, 12:53 PM