Blood Pressure while on Albuterol

1. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.04%

Blood Pressure while on Albuterol

Well, I went to the doc today. I know from past experiences of when I go to the docs office and they take my blood pressure, that it can be off (for some reason, I don't know if I get nervous or what, but they usually have to take it twice and get a better reading the second time).

Anyway, my blood pressure was 140/90 today. She only took it once. Usually I'm right on 120/80. So here's the thing.

I've been taking albuterol for fat loss purposes. I planned on dosing it 3-4 weeks, 5 days a week @ 16mg a day. I'm half way through week 2 right now. This stuff is definitely working.

So for those of you who have taken clen/alb, do you think I should stop or lower the dose, or is this normal and I should be alright to continue (I know BP raises while on clen/alb, but to how much I don't know)?

As far as feeling well, I feel fine. Actually great. I'm down 3 pounds and I can tell it's all fat. In fact, I look more muscular and my strength is still right on.

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.87%

do you have some way of monitoring your bp yourself? I'm certain it's the alb. but just the anxiety of being at the doctors and wondering if they know your taking something can lead to an increase right there! Your probably allright but it's worth investigating, Funny, but not that long ago your systolic reading would have been considered almost normal.
    I guess what I'm saying is if it's really working, just keep tabs and stay the course. There's always that risk/reward ratio ya-know?
  3. Bananas
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.82%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by azr101 View Post
    do you have some way of monitoring your bp yourself? I'm certain it's the alb. but just the anxiety of being at the doctors and wondering if they know your taking something can lead to an increase right there! Your probably allright but it's worth investigating, Funny, but not that long ago your systolic reading would have been considered almost normal.
    I guess what I'm saying is if it's really working, just keep tabs and stay the course. There's always that risk/reward ratio ya-know?
    Ya good post, I have used Clen many times and it does raise pressure. Just keep tabs on it and make sure it doesn't get out of hand.
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.87%

Doesn't that piss you off? Clen raised my bp to nearly 170 over 90! at 20 freakin' mcg! That was the shortest cutter of my life, lasted 1 day!
  5. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.58%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

The clen brought my blood pressure up but not too bad. I kept tabs on it at the grocery store lol.

However if anxiety is an issue for you at the DR I would check it yourself as that might not be an accurate reaing of everyday albuteral life.
  6. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.67%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

The beta-agonistic effects of albuterol will certainly increase resting heart rate and blood pressure. The beta-agonist effects of albuterol(2.5-5mg) last approx 4-6 hours with each dose. Cessation of albuterol should not have any adverse effects on resting heart rate/blood pressure beyond that point.

In response to your doctors visit i can tell you this. "White coat hypertension"(increased b/p when going to the doctor) is a very real diagnosis and effects many people. The anxiety of going to the doctor office casuses a massive release of catecholamines(epinepherine,no r-epinepherine, and dopamine) which cause increased heart rate and blood pressure similar to the fight/flight response.

Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

7. Bananas
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.82%

Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    The beta-agonistic effects of albuterol will certainly increase resting heart rate and blood pressure. The beta-agonist effects of albuterol(2.5-5mg) last approx 4-6 hours with each dose. Cessation of albuterol should not have any adverse effects on resting heart rate/blood pressure beyond that point.

In response to your doctors visit i can tell you this. "White coat hypertension"(increased b/p when going to the doctor) is a very real diagnosis and effects many people. The anxiety of going to the doctor office casuses a massive release of catecholamines(epinepherine,no r-epinepherine, and dopamine) which cause increased heart rate and blood pressure similar to the fight/flight response.
    Well put my big brother!....any pics from the new cruise?(lucky bastard!)
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2
  8. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.67%

Quote Originally Posted by TripDog View Post
    Well put my big brother!....any pics from the new cruise?(lucky bastard!)
    Hopefully have them up soon on myspace

Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

9. Bananas
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.82%

Quote Originally Posted by Trauma1 View Post
    Hopefully have them up soon on myspace
    Werd...........as you were soldier.
  10. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.04%

All great posts, thanks.

While they were taking it, I was wondering in my head what it was going to be since I was on the Albuterol. Most likely why it was higher.

I'll continue the current dose and monitor my BP (my buddy has an extra BP machine. Either that or grocery.)

Thanks again everyone.
  11. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.58%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

I was thinking back to my clen beginning and it seems like there was a time I was having trouble in the early first weeks. My blood pressure between that week and the second week changed. As my body adapted it went down some.
  12. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.04%

Quote Originally Posted by crader View Post
    I was thinking back to my clen beginning and it seems like there was a time I was having trouble in the early first weeks. My blood pressure between that week and the second week changed. As my body adapted it went down some.
    I was thinking that too, as I'm only on my second week. Thanks.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Blood pressure changes on Cycle?
    By rmsshelton in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-23-2012, 11:04 AM
  2. High blood pressure while on hdrol?
    By Ryan1000 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-16-2012, 11:38 AM
  3. blood work while on dexaprine & tt-33
    By primal1 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 0