- 12-15-2007, 05:18 PM
I couldn't find any threads dedicated to thermogenic foods. Lets talk about therm. foods and quantities, timings, and things like effect and such.
For those who dont know (and those who do can fill in my gaps), thermogenics is the act of generating heat through digestion which raises your metabolic rate and increases calorie burn.
What are some good thermogenic foods? The only one I really know of is spicy foods with chili powder. Good think I like it hot . I even put chili sauce (the stir fry kind) on my veggies to help out.
Some of us could be missing out and not even know it
- 12-15-2007, 05:33 PM
Coffee and hot peppers with a strong capsaicin content. Protein also has a more pronounced thermic effect then other macronutrients so don't forget to eat your tasty animals
12-18-2007, 05:06 PM
12-18-2007, 05:20 PM
some peppers are red but not spicy. I love green tea! I love all tea
Protein is supposed to help in this dept, I hear. I know its good for muscle building/repair but am not as familiar with the therm. properties of it.
12-18-2007, 05:29 PM
12-18-2007, 05:47 PM
12-18-2007, 05:54 PM
12-18-2007, 07:15 PM
12-19-2007, 11:14 AM
Protein in meat and chicken is digested at a slower rate than most fiber free carbs. BTW fiber is also a great metabolic booster, the best source would be from veggies.
12-19-2007, 09:12 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By curt2go in forum SupplementsReplies: 17Last Post: 08-08-2012, 06:10 PM
- By windwords7 in forum AnabolicsReplies: 12Last Post: 07-24-2007, 10:02 AM
- By labrad in forum SupplementsReplies: 78Last Post: 04-02-2003, 05:46 PM
- By bigbadboss101 in forum Weight LossReplies: 12Last Post: 11-30-2002, 11:08 AM
- By hamper19 in forum Weight LossReplies: 6Last Post: 11-08-2002, 04:34 PM