hangover help - AnabolicMinds.com

hangover help

Stats
    6'2"  187 lbs.

hangover help

i ****in drank way too much last night and was puking. today i feel like complete ****. anybody have any good advice on what to eat to feel better? Mainly just my stomach feels like **** and of course the head but that could be cause i haven't eaten anything in a long ass time.

Stats
    6'2"  187 lbs.

i was just munchin on some bread slowly and drinking water slowly as well. i heard fatty foods are good? but then i also hear that the bread sokes up the alcohol. idk...
  3. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Poseidon works great for that. if you don't have any, try gatorade. foodwise, white rice or bananas are really mellow
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
    •   

Stats
    6'2"  187 lbs.

no sugar is allowed in the house hold. so that means no gatorade. regular juice. god my house is a joke. i'm eating an apple right now. thanks for the help i'll go try to find some other **** or go across the street to get some rice.
  5. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

they do sell, ah its not gatorade but one of the others, damn, can't recall which. Powerade Option? its a sugarfree drink of that type. I know the latter part of the name is Option
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
    Stats
    6'2"  187 lbs.

oh.... ya my car got a flat so i cant drive anywhere haha. i found some rice though so i'm cooking it up right now. there this stuff that's called Recharge that whole foods sell which is awesome. It's a great sugar/artificial sweetner free drink that's awesome for replinishing electrolytes. if you were wondering. i just cant drive anywhere right now.
    Stats
    6'2"  187 lbs.

i think the powerade option thing has artificial sweetners such as corn syrup or like dextrose or some **** like that. will juice be ok? probably not as good but help a little?
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.

pedialite

nectar of the gods for hangovers
  9. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by sreed11 View Post
    i think the powerade option thing has artificial sweetners such as corn syrup or like dextrose or some **** like that. will juice be ok? probably not as good but help a little?
    the acid in juice might suck. have any of the sodium free salt? No Salt is one brand I think. its postassium, it helps. a banana is good too
    This space for rent

Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.

B-complex,and a mulitvitamin are a must. Water also is very important,make sure you re-hydrate yourself. Usually it's hard to eat anything, I know all about that trust. Fish oil is something I take also.
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2
  11. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

i ****in drank way too much last night and was puking. today i feel like complete ****. anybody have any good advice on what to eat to feel better? Mainly just my stomach feels like **** and of course the head but that could be cause i haven't eaten anything in a long ass time.
    Hair of the dog!!!

Best way to cure a hang over is to start the day with a few of whatever you had the night before. It'll fix you right up

The very next best thing to fixing a hang over is preventing a hang over. Rule number one for preventing a hang over: Don't stop drinking
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by B5150 View Post
    Hair of the dog!!!

Best way to cure a hang over is to start the day with a few of whatever you had the night before. It'll fix you right up

The very next best thing to fixing a hang over is preventing a hang over. Rule number one for preventing a hang over: Don't stop drinking
    Spoken like a champion!
    The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.-Psalm 18:2
  13. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

3X's, two divisions, two weight classes
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Poseidon and SesaThin.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
    Stats
    5'7"  160 lbs.

best cure for hangover... SLEEP. trust me im an alchy lol
    the bread and water is good. but try and get alot of rest. just bum it today
  16. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by B5150 View Post
    Hair of the dog!!!

Actually a nice slightly below room temp guiness is usually better than whatever you drank the nite before.

or mimosas
    This space for rent

17. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    Actually a nice slightly below room temp guiness is usually better than whatever you drank the nite before.

or mimosas
    Hmmm. Never done the Guiness, even at drinking temperature, but it does sound good.
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post

or mimosas
    I drink that sh*t...I'm a light beer guy all the way.
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by TripDog View Post
    B-complex,and a mulitvitamin are a must. Water also is very important,make sure you re-hydrate yourself. Usually it's hard to eat anything, I know all about that trust. Fish oil is something I take also.
    This is pretty much the route that I take when I drink. I did stop using the fish oil though. I had a fish burp once while hung over and immediately threw up a little.

Something like Benadryl could help with a headache depending on what you drank and might help you to take a nap.
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49

Vitamin B complex is a good start, but you should consider taking one before and during drinking and before bed + consume water - I use to drink a ton but woke up like a champ on most days. It keeps you hydrated and ready for the next night
    Stats
    6'1"  185 lbs.

As one who often suffers from hangovers, I've found the following helps.

Before drinking take Vitamin B complex, Vitamin C, LOTS of water during the evening if possible, Poseidon, ibuprofen

When waking up take Poseidon (you'll get a nice detox flush..lol) ibuprofen, and water. Works the best for me. It also helps if you have something you have to do to get your body going. Like work outside or something. The first 30 minutes suck balls, but then your body starts sweating and stuff.

Sleep is the best cure if possible.

Oh and people will tell you if you get a hangover you shouldn't drink so much the night before. But they are wrong and probably very boring and lame and don't have the perserverance that you have.

I found this by accident in college. it is not a magic potion, it is not a snake oil recipe or anything. Actually its probably in your kitchen already. I had been out one night, like you, and the next day I felt.....urgh........yeah. I went to the cafeteria and thought "no, can't eat that , dont want that, wont keep that down, etc" looking at the different foods. I didnt feel like eating anything except the fruit cocktail jumped out at me, and said "yeah". heh. So I ate it and within an hour I felt better!!

Turns out, it isnt rocket science but it is....well... science. Alcohol dehydrates, and it upsets your blood sugar. Fruit cocktail has a lot of sugar, and water in it. Voila. I have even asked a few friends to try my theory out when they were "needing" something. They did and said it wasnt a "fix all" but they sure did notice an improvement. Some ate fresh fruit salad instead of the canned stuff, which also works but I bet the canned one is better. Dont use the "lite" versions for this. Hey, you have nothing to lose by trying it right?
    Last edited by bassgirl; 12-14-2007 at 07:16 PM. Reason: more info
    Stats
    5'8"  175 lbs.

I don't drink like I used to because it takes me a very long time to recover from a hangover. This is pretty graphic, but I learned that the best way for me to recover was to simply induce vomit before going to bed, washing my mouth, then drinking 2 glasses of water. I plan ahead and don't do anything the day after, I usually don't get to see daylight, and I have the tendency to crave salty foods like chicken soup, pringles, etc. If I drink beer or or liquor I have to do all this if I want to recover. I also force myself to drink a lot of water.

Then I learned that Italian red wine (cab, merlot) have a nicer effect on me. I can down 2 bottles of wine by myself, have a great time at parties, and wake up the next day like I took a xanax at bedtime - everything is just right and relaxing. I may be tired from lack of sleep, but I don't feel like s*** like I do if I had drank beer or liquor. So, whenever I drink a lot now, I drink wine.

Sleep is mandatory for me.
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

The key to a hangover cure is to prevent it before it happens. B-Complex supplementation is very important. B1(Thiamine)in particular is used up in the process of etoh metabolism. B9(Folic acid) is also very important as it plays a role in cellular repair and intracellular dna processes.

The main cause of a hangover is dehydration. Many other factors play a part though such as toxins and free radicals. Water is used by the body to metabolize etoh(ethyl alcohol). Some of the best indicators of dehydration are dry mucus membranes and the dreaded headache from hell. Alcohol also causes excessive stomach acid release which in combination with systemic intravascular dehydration causes the nausea.

While you may not totally prevent a hangover you can certainly help make it much milder in severity. I would start taking an antacid like pepcid/zantac at least 48 hours(if possible) before you know you're going to be drinking heavily. I would also take your B-Complex before and after drinking. Keeping well hydrated beforehand is a must also. If you drink a glass of water every few beers(I know that's not realistic, but it helps) it will help lessen the effects of deyhdration to some degree. Fruit juices like apple and orange contain fructose which assists the body in burning etoh faster as well as replacing lost intravascular volume.

Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

Stats
    5'8"  238 lbs.

dude i just had a hangover from last weeks day before graduation party.

but anyway what i did was take some Excedrin, i tried to take a rest but i felt too sick..i took a shower instead and ate a banana then chilled out by sitting on my bed leaning on the wall pretty much.

I know it worked very quickly because that day was graduation day and it was at 11AM, so i needed to get well quick as hell when i woke up.

Cabernet and Merlot are french

Chianti is Italian. My fave .. mmm..

And Trauma is a smart guy, I do the glass of water thing and it works very well for me.
    Never been sick the times I've done it. No regrets. Besides it makes your bill cheaper AND saves calories!!
    Last edited by bassgirl; 12-23-2007 at 07:52 PM. Reason: edit
    Stats
    5'11"  220 lbs.

The BRAT diet is great for recovering from a gastroenteritis as well as a hangover(BANANA, RICE, APPLESAUCE, and TOAST.)

Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Legendary

Stats
    5'8"  175 lbs.

LOL I've been buying French wine passing for Italian wine

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

hahahahaha

Similar Forum Threads

1. maybe this will help BDC, creatine info.
    By ralph4u2c in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-08-2012, 05:11 PM
  2. Any supplements really help against hangovers?
    By D2footballjrc in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-14-2012, 11:53 AM
  3. Hangover help
    By methodice in forum Supplements
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 09-23-2004, 02:44 AM
  4. Need Help: I got Sore Nipples!
    By Big Masa in forum General Chat
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-26-2003, 12:31 AM
  5. final help