How long do you typically bulk and/or cut?

1. How long do you typically bulk and/or cut?

I'm new to the bulk/cut thing. In the past I usually just eat around maintenance and lift weights. Obviously I hit a plateau doing that. I want to bulk for 2-3 months, then cut for 2 months. Is this sufficient or is it better to do 6 month bulks and cuts?

2. I think it depends on your goals, as short as 1 month and as long as 3. It is very individual, some people deal better with long term diet changes than others.

3. Quote Originally Posted by nelix View Post
    I think it depends on your goals, as short as 1 month and as long as 3. It is very individual, some people deal better with long term diet changes than others.
    i agree, if your already in relatively good shape...then a couple months or so. But for substantial cutting can be much longer. Not including factors of whether you take a week off or lack consistency for short periods.
    •   

4. I do 6 months bulk 6 months cut. The cut usually ends up screwing me over and I spend 3 months playing catch up. This year im trying to limit the bulk so I can get real lean for summer then add slowly on the winter, something like 3-4 lbs a month max

5. 6 months bulk 6 months cut.

6. I too prefer long bulks and long cuts. I find it easier to eat closer to maintenance and take my time "cutting".

7. dang, I was worried I didn't leave myself enough time. I want to be bigger by May/June so I was hoping to do a quick bulk and cut. I won't do anything drastic though. I guess next year I'll have to plan ahead better

Similar Forum Threads

1. Enanthate- how long do you prefer to run it?
    By Tom 185 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 03-29-2008, 04:59 PM
  2. How long do you take off
    By jvb20 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-31-2007, 05:46 PM
  3. How long do you run retain??
    By latinsteel in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-04-2006, 09:51 AM
  4. Replies: 5