• Less Calories - I eat whole foods only

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Other

Votes: 6 9.5%

• Total voters

Jet

Awards
  • Established
Putting together a new bulking diet, and I've been trying to decide if I should switch out my shakes for whole foods on off days, drop my shakes to lower my cals, etc. Wanted to see what everybody does :D

rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
It depends on what type of diet I'm on. Right now, I'm carb cycling so I try to make my off days no carb days.

ManInTheBox

ManInTheBox

Awards
On off days if I am able to I will make every meal a whole food meal. I actually tend to eat more on my off days in order to recouperate completely. Depends on how you think of it...if you eat more on your off days you will replenish your body more efficiently and take advantage of the metabolic boost from the day before workout.

terracotta

terracotta

Awards
I eat the same on off days minus what I have extra for post-workout (bowl of oats).

asianbabe

asianbabe

Awards
  • Established
I eat more calories (mostly fat) to help with recovery, still drink shakes, eat carbs and fruit on off days.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
If it's football season then I'll have a few beers and some pizza in addition to my scheduled meal plan. When it's not football season then beer and pizza consumption nearly disappear.

I normally don't do shakes on off days unless I'm in a rush. I'd recommend getting a few more calories on your days off since you're bulking.

sreeja

Awards
Same Calories - I replace my pre/post shakes with whole foods

Neil5585

Neil5585

Awards
  • Established
I either keep calories the same and on some days I bump the calories up from carbs to help with recovery.

maynehood171

Awards
  • Established
I either keep calories the same and on some days I bump the calories up from carbs to help with recovery.
I eat the same on/off for nutrition and recovery...I have always eaten healthy since 7th grade due to wrestling, fitness and now bulking...

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
Whats this "Off Day" you all speak of??

maynehood171

Awards
  • Established
Whats this "Off Day" you all speak of??
Days I don't lift...last few months been lifting 3-4x/wk

Edit: Last few weeks been lifting MTWThF at 2.5-3 hours working 2 different muscle groups each time...still allowing for 48 rest...feeling great and will continue for another month then take week off to relax CNS

SteelEntity

SteelEntity

Awards
  • Established
I believe when bulking you should really gorge yourself on off days as you are trying to heal. When I bulk eating is practically a second job. Its like my priorities are

1. Job - cause i need $
2. Eating
3. Girlfriend - who usually leaves me during my bulking cycles LOL. :twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted:

Ripped1

Ripped1

Awards
  • Established
I do not adjust anything in my diet. During contest training I eat exactly the same thing for 16 weeks without cutting out anything. Except for the last week of carb load

as far as my regular diet I just do more cardio

a nd whole food is always better if you have the time

SFRANGER

SFRANGER

Awards
I eat a large pizza on saturdays...with my P-Slin.

*Edit: I am not competing, I'm killing those Fu4k heads..so you may not want to listen to what I say. I'm a bit whacked.:welcome: