Liquor of Choice?

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
I know I'm not perfect and every now and then I'll have a drink (with dinner or friends) but I try to keep it civil (I'm a crazy drunk, nonviolent or anything like that, but I Have fun) So what do you drink when you give in to temptation? Lets say I'm a gin kinda' guy...:woohoo:

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
light beer............not a fan of the hard stuff(no homo) lol

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Tequila - 100% agave. And Scotch and Rum and Bourbon and beer and ...

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
When I am feeling really fancy, I sip on some Grey Goose or Crown. Most of the time, however, i just stick to hefeweizen.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
When I am feeling really fancy, I sip on some Grey Goose or Crown. Most of the time, however, i just stick to hefeweizen.
If you like Grey Goose, give Volk a try. All the taste without the price. IMO

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Fancy :lol:

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you like Grey Goose, give Volk a try. All the taste without the price. IMO
I'll keep my eye out for that. I only drink on special occasions or during MMA. Something about MMA just makes me want to drink.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Better be carefull. Roj has a tempa and can hold his own in a fight. :D
The irony is that I am the least likely to get into a fight while drunk. My friends on the other hand...

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'll keep my eye out for that. I only drink on special occasions or during MMA. Something about MMA just makes me want to drink.
LOL. A few years back when I used to buy all of the PPVs Yager would always make an appearance.

I don't drink that often anymore, but when I do I try to stick to vodka. I truly love Natty Light though...I know, weird, right?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
LOL. A few years back when I used to buy all of the PPV good old Yager would always show up.

I don't drink that often anymore, but when I do I try to stick to vodka. I truly love Natty Light though...I know, weird, right?
I have had some great times with Jager, but I have had some really bad times, too. Natty light is basically cheap Bud light.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
The irony is that I am the least likely to get into a fight while drunk. My friends on the other hand...
I hear ya, I ONLY fight with friends who are wearing a mouthguard and pads. Saves on the bail fees.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It has fewer calories though. I think it's the same or one fewer than Miller Lite (95 or 96). Keystone Light is literally the Coors light that didn't make the grade.

existone

Awards
I seriously love Jack Daniels.... as for beer, I'm an anheuser-busch fan (generally because I am always spending my money elsewhere) but we have a Flying Saucer here and there are too many beers I love there to list. I kinda play it by ear.

12STEP

Awards
  • Established
jack daniels, southern comfort 100 proof, if its been a realy long night and i have had more than 5 drinks straight wild turkey 101. those are the old faves i dont visit them much anymore. all though i did go to jacks house last month sorry no free samples lynchburg is a dry county.

Leggo my Ego

Leggo my Ego

Awards
  • Established
I love a Bombay Saphire and diet tonic with a squeeze of lime.

Superman508

Awards
Natty Light comes from the exact same barrel has bud light. I had a friend that worked at the distillery and he told me this. It may be the bottom of the barrel, but it is the same one

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
Beer and pretty much any kind of beer until i can't stomach any more then onto Jack Daniels and coke..........Tequila or Rum if im feeling violent.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Heineken all night. maybe some sex on the beach mixed hard the way i like it. Crown. Henessey. Rum. It doesnt really matter i can drink anything. If you are going to make a mix drink, make it hard imo.

Magnus19

Magnus19

Awards
usually whiskey, and i find Jack Daniels overrated. guess im just used to having to sneak cheap whiskey around, so i acquired a taste for that. heh....

NasD

NasD

Awards
  • Established
Hen dawg (hennessey) or gin and cran... I don't drink often but I used to "practice" drinking on the regular! :)

Botch

Botch

Awards
  • Established
I live in Humboldt County and there are a shiitload of microbreweries around here.. so I get good brew for cheap :drunk:

LilPsychotic

LilPsychotic

Awards
  • Established
Great lakes Christmas Ale...ummm ale.

akjose

Awards
Jack and Diet

Consumer Reports listed Natty, Keystone, and Beast all higher than miller light and coors light in their summer comparison. Basically the best taste for the buck. which is BS...

Anyone ever tried Beer '30.....i like natty and all, but this stuff is just plain disgusting, tastes like warm skunk

Necroticism

Awards
  • Established
definitely tequila, personal favorite is don julio real. at 350 bucks a bottle though, its for special occasions. if i feel like just getting completely drunk with some friends, its some Jaeger or absinthe.

ITHURTZ

ITHURTZ

Awards
  • Established
was jack and coke. But when I woke up on top of a car at a dealer s hip in 32 degree weather passed out for 5 hrs with my car still running I stopped jack. I befriended him for a bit. Now its vodka and cranberry MMMMM

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
who could forget scotch! I love scotch, scotchy-scotchy-scotch, down it goes, down into my belly!

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Wow I'm the only one that likes cabo wabo? I'm not really into doing shots but soco lime,cabo, and yager is good. Mixed drinks its either a yager bomb or long island. Beer is usualy yuengling because its about the only ok beer clubs in pgh stock. Others I like are augistiner, red stripe, amstel, newcastle.

eros62d

eros62d

Awards
Absinth. I love the lucid buzz it gives me! Sebor is my fav brand,highest thujone content. cheers!

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
Crown Royal! Fancy, If you like Grey Goose you may enjoy Iceberg vodka. Grey Goose usually wins First place in competitions but this years Iceberg won First place. Yum, hefeweizen! I love unfiltered wheat beers. My favorite is a Belgium one called "Hoegarden"

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
Absinth. I love the lucid buzz it gives me! Sebor is my fav brand,highest thujone content. cheers!
Whats the thujong content? Here in Ontario we are only allowed to have 10% Quebec is 15% however. I know Pernod's is 30%. I have only ever tried a weak 5% one, 55% alcohol. Its just a liqueur at that percentage...

eros62d

eros62d

Awards
Whats the thujong content? Here in Ontario we are only allowed to have 10% Quebec is 15% however. I know Pernods is 30%...
It has an average of 10mgs per bottle. I don't know what % that is. I do know it gives me the best buzz of any I have tried,and I have sampled most of the brands! You can get it online,and they do ship to Canada.

bLacKjAck.

bLacKjAck.

Lift Heavy
Awards
  • Established
Depends on the occasion...

I am usually a beer kinda guy. Which calls for ONLY Sam Adams. I love October fest, but my fav. is probably Cherry Wheat for a change of pace, I really enjoy all of them though.

For other occasions I am a Gin/Vodka and tonic kinda guy. Here I am pretty in love with Tanqueray..sp?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Crown Royal! Fancy, If you like Grey Goose you may enjoy Iceberg vodka. Grey Goose usually wins First place in competitions but this years Iceberg won First place. Yum, hefeweizen! I love unfiltered wheat beers. My favorite is a Belgium one called "Hoegarden"
They have a really good hefeweizen down here in Texas by a brewery called Shiner. The best I have tried was a German-one, obviously, but I can't recall the brand ATM.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
There is a little brew pub up the gorge a bit from me that fills growlers (1/2 gallon jug)for $11. Their oatmeal stout is fantastic as is their Hefeweizen. Great place to stop if you are ever visiting the Columbia Gorge. They have an awesome sampler tray as well - shots of all the beer they are brewing at the time.
(Stevenson Washington - Walking Man Brewery)

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
There is a little brew pub up the gorge a bit from me that fills growlers (1/2 gallon jug)for $11. Their oatmeal stout is fantastic as is their Hefeweizen. Great place to stop if you are ever visiting the Columbia Gorge. They have an awesome sampler tray as well - shots of all the beer they are brewing at the time.
I went to a little pub/microbrewery in Halifax once that has sample packs. They would give you 6 small glasses of each one of the brews to try out. When you find the one you like you order up a pint of it. I think the one I like most was called "Witches brew"

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
They have a really good hefeweizen down here in Texas by a brewery called Shiner. The best I have tried was a German-one, obviously, but I can't recall the brand ATM.
When you remember let me know. Wasn't called something like "Hacker Hefe Wieze"?

Hurleyboy05

Hurleyboy05

Awards
  • Established
I've become extremely fond of New Amsterdam gin - very crisp for a gin, almost has a citrus tang to it

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
151, malibu and pineapple juice

Don Edwardo

7 and 7's

Sweet tart
1 oz. vodka
1/2 oz. amaretto
1/2 oz. melon liqueur
1/2 oz. Blue Curacao
2 oz. pineapple juice
1 dash lime juice
1 c. ice

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nobody drinks oatmeal stouts? They were a favorite of mine for a while.

When I lived in Orlando there was this awesome bar called Underground Blues. They had live music and a ridiculous list of any beer you could think of, including a few choices of oatmeal stouts :drunk:

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established

When I lived in Orlando there was this awesome bar called Underground Blues. They had live music and a ridiculous list of any beer you could think of, including a few choices of oatmeal stouts :drunk:
Ummm ...

:D

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
:ntome:

I've been studying for finals this weekend...you slipped that one right by me. So you can get a 1/2 gallon of any beer for $11 or is that just for certain ones?

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
:ntome:

I've been studying for finals this weekend...you slipped that one right by me. So you can get a 1/2 gallon of any beer for $11 or is that just for certain ones?
Any beer they brew. The growler costs a few bucks but you just rinse and have it refilled for the $11. Kind of expensive if comparing to bottled micro brew at your local supermarket but it's nice to be able to take home that fresh draft. Especially when thier OS is like 9%. :)

Botch

Botch

Awards
  • Established

Anderson Valley makes a really nice oatmeal stout. Humboldt Breweries has a pretty good one too. Anderson Valley makes a Boont Amber Ale which is my favorite beer for sure.. and its cheaper here than Budweiser.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Any beer they brew. The growler costs a few bucks but you just rinse and have it refilled for the $11. Kind of expensive if comparing to bottled micro brew at your local supermarket but it's nice to be able to take home that fresh draft. Especially when thier OS is like 9%. :)
That's not a bad deal for a night out though. When I was partying a lot I would easily spend $50-$60 bucks on beer some nights. Oh how priorities change:hammer:

Never heard of Anderson Valley, Botch. I can't remember which was my favorite, but I know I drank a lot of Young's, Rogue's, and Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stouts.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't really ever drink, but on the rare occasion I'll pick one of these...

A dark wheat beer.

Merlot

Rum and Diet coke