hunger while weight training

  1. hunger while weight training


    sooooooo this may be a stupid question but im an afternoon gym goer about 12:30 or so. I usually eat the weight control quaker oats cuz of the extra protien as well as one eggo waffle and a mini protien shake by muscle milk with 20 grams of protien in it. So i usually eat this about 2-3 hours prior to my workout sometimes i eat a fruit later on. Then i take me pre-wo supps etc, BUT the question is halfway through my workout sometimes i get really hungry is that bad? im usually at the gym for 2 hours, half hour stretch/warm up, weight training, then 15 mins cardio. pls dun flame me


  2. Maybe try adding in a preworkout shake? I usually do whey with ground up oats 45min to an hour before my workout.

  3. i would do that but i dont wanna feel full AND the pre-wo supps some says on an empty stomach like rpm + drive
    •   
       


  4. I usually take my RPM and Drive an hour before I plan on working out, then wait twenty minutes to let them digest, then drink my shake. Everybody is different, but I've found that if you don't make your shake with a huge amount of water, the bloat problems are minimized.

  5. Something that may help you is a workout drink such as 8 Beta Anabol. It's got all your aminos, beta alanines, that you will burn while training along with about 35g of sugar, which while training gets burned, that may give you enough fuel to not feel so hungry. Then post workout should be a good shake with about 40g protein and some waxy maize starch carbs.

    In looking over your post again, your body is usally asking for soemthing every two to three hours so it'd be best as JEt mentioned a pre-workout meal 1 hour prior to training.

  6. yea i usually eat every 2-3 hours but i just dont eat before the workout so i dont feel bogged down, but looks like ill have to try a pre-wo protien shake and see if that helps

  7. Quote Originally Posted by HPatel650 View Post
    yea i usually eat every 2-3 hours but i just dont eat before the workout so i dont feel bogged down, but looks like ill have to try a pre-wo protien shake and see if that helps
    something less filling would be to use a tbsp of thinfat, 1-2 scoops of whey, and then add enough water to make it pasty as if you were eating cake batter. It's very good and not filling enough to bogg you down.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by HPatel650 View Post
    i would do that but i dont wanna feel full AND the pre-wo supps some says on an empty stomach like rpm + drive
    Food for energy > Pre-workout supplement absorption!!

    Eat your meal closer to your workout, or eat a larger meal 2 hours before hand.

    Personally I lift in the morning, and there's about a 60-90min gap at the most between which I have to eat breakfast and get any pre-workout supps in. You'll get used to it. I would hate to zonk out of energy or be hungry halfway through a workout!

  9. Your body wants the food. Maybe try an intra workout drink such as THRIVE, coming soon to a store....

  10. Quote Originally Posted by asianbabe View Post
    Food for energy > Pre-workout supplement absorption!!

    Eat your meal closer to your workout, or eat a larger meal 2 hours before hand.

    Personally I lift in the morning, and there's about a 60-90min gap at the most between which I have to eat breakfast and get any pre-workout supps in. You'll get used to it. I would hate to zonk out of energy or be hungry halfway through a workout!
    yea i know what u mean but the energy is there i just get that annoying stomach grumble

  11. This is where I believe something like waxy maize and xtend (or some bcaa drink) might come in handy to sip on during your workout. Just my opinion.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Is separrating cardio from weight training beneficial ?
    By Iron Warrior in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-17-2003, 02:01 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-02-2003, 01:27 AM
  3. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-28-2003, 02:46 PM
  4. Weight Training & Baseball
    By YellowJacket in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-11-2003, 04:11 PM
  5. Martial Arts + Weight Training
    By Nelson in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-10-2003, 04:10 PM
Log in
Log in