Time Off

pm39120

Awards
Ok so my body is feeling really beat from my previous OVT training session for the past 12 weeks. I decided to take a week off to recover. During this time i will do 45 minute low intensity cardio daily.

To minimize fat gain should i consume less than my normal diet. I usually get around 3600 calories per day with 81g fat/400g carb/300g protein. I was thinking about knocking it back to 3100 calories per day with 81g fat/325g carb/260g protein.

Does this look good or are there any suggestions. This is really the first time ive taken a whole week off so im not sure what to do. Thanks and reps.

ITHURTZ

ITHURTZ

Awards
  • Established
Why change the diet at all? If you want to minimize fat gain eat as clean as you can. 1 week isnt that long of a break, besides your going to do cardio so feed those muscles while they get a break!

LarCon

Awards
I take off a week from all weight training every 3 months and I make better gains than any natural trainer at my gym for the last 15 years.

Last edited:

Jamesh5213

Awards
I agree with ITHURTZ. One week is not a long break. if that diet is working for you keep it up. its hard for me to take breaks to but once I started forcing myself to break more often I saw much better gains.

Last edited: