- 12-03-2007, 11:20 PM
Ok so my body is feeling really beat from my previous OVT training session for the past 12 weeks. I decided to take a week off to recover. During this time i will do 45 minute low intensity cardio daily.
To minimize fat gain should i consume less than my normal diet. I usually get around 3600 calories per day with 81g fat/400g carb/300g protein. I was thinking about knocking it back to 3100 calories per day with 81g fat/325g carb/260g protein.
Does this look good or are there any suggestions. This is really the first time ive taken a whole week off so im not sure what to do. Thanks and reps.
- 12-03-2007, 11:27 PM
Why change the diet at all? If you want to minimize fat gain eat as clean as you can. 1 week isnt that long of a break, besides your going to do cardio so feed those muscles while they get a break!
- 12-04-2007, 09:40 PM
I take off a week from all weight training every 3 months and I make better gains than any natural trainer at my gym for the last 15 years.
Last edited by LarCon; 12-04-2007 at 09:41 PM. Reason: diet
12-08-2007, 07:43 PM
I agree with ITHURTZ. One week is not a long break. if that diet is working for you keep it up. its hard for me to take breaks to but once I started forcing myself to break more often I saw much better gains.
Last edited by Jamesh5213; 12-08-2007 at 07:44 PM. Reason: spelling
Similar Forum Threads
- By MA$$BUILDER in forum AnabolicsReplies: 16Last Post: 03-16-2005, 01:23 AM
- By tommyboy in forum AnabolicsReplies: 5Last Post: 07-31-2004, 04:27 AM
- By iron addict in forum Training ForumReplies: 2Last Post: 06-05-2004, 05:02 PM
- By max silver in forum Training ForumReplies: 9Last Post: 04-25-2004, 09:45 PM
- By fizler in forum AnabolicsReplies: 1Last Post: 05-11-2003, 01:00 PM